Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Kitchener, ON, May 2nd.

Post by Dylan »

not to rag on you or anything, but don't you think its hypocritical of you to say that it makes you sick that 9 time out of 10 people don't hear about these diseases until someone you know/love is diagnosed?
after all, that is your case.

but it doesn't change anything, something is still being done about it, you're not just sitting on your ass like me.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

NoReason27 wrote:not to rag on you or anything, but don't you think its hypocritical of you to say that it makes you sick that 9 time out of 10 people don't hear about these diseases until someone you know/love is diagnosed?
after all, that is your case.

but it doesn't change anything, something is still being done about it, you're not just sitting on your ass like me.
That's the reason it IS my case. We're working to change that most people don't know what these diseases are.

If people already did know about it, there wouldn't be cause for trying to raise awareness. I don't get why you're surprized or anything that it makes me sick - why do you think I'm trying so hard to change it? *lol*

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

i decided to go on the myspace and heard the radio thing. its pretty goddamn interesting. If i had to chose between cancer and this id probably choose Cancer
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i have no idea why cancer is covered so much in the media, these diseases are much, much shittier (no pun intended)
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Cancer fucking blows, guys *lol* It's not cancer's fault that there's social stigma attached to poo-related diseases and so people don't talk about it.

It also has to do with that cancer has existed, with a name and all, for a long time...whereas there isn't a lot known about IBD and it wasn't diagnosed often and such until more recently (like, the last 30-50 years style recent). It's also coming on like gangbusters as time goes on for whatever reason.

But yeah...mostly stigma. People with poo diseases are ashamed and embarassed...and they shouldn't have to be. That's why I do my part talking openly about poo as often as I can ;) haha

EDIT: Also, thanks, wiggs, for listening to us on the radio! The "Mr. Know It All" interview is my sister, and "The Indie Show" interview is both my sister and I.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Cancer fucking blows, guys *lol* It's not cancer's fault that there's social stigma attached to poo-related diseases and so people don't talk about it.

It also has to do with that cancer has existed, with a name and all, for a long time...whereas there isn't a lot known about IBD and it wasn't diagnosed often and such until more recently (like, the last 30-50 years style recent). It's also coming on like gangbusters as time goes on for whatever reason.

But yeah...mostly stigma. People with poo diseases are ashamed and embarassed...and they shouldn't have to be. That's why I do my part talking openly about poo as often as I can ;) haha

I think what you're doing is amazing. Making a difference, and informing people on an important issue. You're going a good job. I applaud you. *claps*
By the by, how did you get into concert promoting? Is it just something you started doing on your own?......
Ok...I'm going to stop interrogating you now.
Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Thanks, Sum 42 :)

It actually just kinda...happened. My sister and I are both really into music, and of course really into curing the disease our father has. Over the years we've both developed a lot of great music contacts in our local areas...and one day we were just talking and came up with the idea for GutRock...then sorta forgot about it...and a few years later got talking about it more in depth and realizing we could really make it work with the contacts we have, the marketting know-how she has (business and marketing diploma, works as a sales rep), and the event-planning skills I have (I'm not even gonna get into the experience I have there haha).

We had the know how, the contacts, and the passion for the cause and it just sorta went from there.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Sum-42
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, From the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Sum-42 »

That's awesome. I wish I had drive...and contacts. Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm too jealous.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It is definitely fun on occasion. More often than you'd think it's a fricken nightmare though. Insane stress and tons of complications behind the scenes that has to get done. Although night-of show generally makes it fun enough that you forget how much stress the rest of it was and how many times you wanted to just call it quits haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Sum-42

Post by Sum-42 »

Man, I can only imagine. I get stressed out watching other people work. But yeah...what bands have you worked with before? Sorry for all the questions...I just find this stuff fascinating. I really need to get out more.... :|
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I feel like we're hyjacking this thread *lol* But it is my thread, so I guess we're allowed.

Sean Stokholm, Jonathan Convoy, Jeff Redinger, littleSUNDAY, Mandippal Jandu, Simple Mission, Billy the Kid, Terminal Wallys, The Shanks, Tacoma Redd, The Brown Hornets, Romeo Liquor Store, The Populars.

All Canadian bands, a lot of which are indie and likely haven't been heard of. But littleSUNDAY got signed a couple months after working with us, Mandippal is now getting gigs opening for the likes of Sarah Slean and Jully Black (Juno nominated this year), Billy the Kid is on a nationwide tour with Raine Maida (Our Lady Peace) and busked with him downtown Toronto to raise funds for WarChild, and The Populars are well known amoungst the indie scene, get radio airtime, etc.

Not that the others aren't all fricking amazing talents and performers...but those are the ones who've hit it big since their GutRock appearance :)

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

why does canada haves so much good bands?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

R.
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Ryan

Post by R. »

wiggs1441 wrote:why does canada haves so much good bands?
cause canada's the best country in the world...duh?
tomhoppus
Transvestite God
First name: Ladd Mitchell
Instrument 1: My shite guitar
Instrument 2: My aight guitar

Post by tomhoppus »

R. wrote:
wiggs1441 wrote:why does canada haves so much good bands?
cause canada's the best country in the world...duh?
I belong in Canada

Cuz im the best City in the world
ConeBizzy32 wrote:
Something Corporate wrote: I still cant get into the PD media sec
Working on your request makes me a PD? I can't believe how small a man can be.
Sum-42

Post by Sum-42 »

But then again, there are worse things one could hijack... :|
But yeah....I've actually heard a few songs by littleSUNDAY. They're really good.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

They put on a HELL of a show last year. It was an acoustic night, and it was all solo performers but they were full band...it was so SO good. They were called for an encore - and there was still like, 3 performers left after them! It was insane. So, SO good.

I'm not overly into their style, personally, but they're very talented guys (lead singer has a stage presence like nobody's business! haha) and put on an amazing live show!

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Sum-42

Post by Sum-42 »

So.....how did the show go?
On May 2nd?
:lol:
I'm a bit slow on the draw.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

^ Probably went amazing... fuck i wanted to go
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It was a good night, a good show. Mega fuckton stressful for Ashy (a band backed out, Brown Brigade's guitarist couldn't make it, and a plethora of other crap that you don't want to hear about).

Overall, the night went rank, though, for cash-wise. Only 56 people showed up...the weather was shit, and for some reason Jen Militia's hundreds of local KW fans didn't bother to show up.

Meh.

The venue guy donated the full venue fees in the end, and myself and the other organizer donated circa $120 each to bring the donation total up to $447 and some change.

And the show itself was fantastic, and a lot of fun. Just the cash-front...there were a lot of issues this year haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero

Post by wiggs1441 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:It was a good night, a good show. Mega fuckton stressful for Ashy (a band backed out, Brown Brigade's guitarist couldn't make it, and a plethora of other crap that you don't want to hear about).

Overall, the night went rank, though, for cash-wise. Only 56 people showed up...the weather was shit, and for some reason Jen Militia's hundreds of local KW fans didn't bother to show up.

Meh.

The venue guy donated the full venue fees in the end, and myself and the other organizer donated circa $120 each to bring the donation total up to $447 and some change.

And the show itself was fantastic, and a lot of fun. Just the cash-front...there were a lot of issues this year haha
ha! Chuck didnt make it?
tomhoppus is my Master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!