Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Brown Brigade - Live @ Chili Pepper in St. Kitts

Post by Hentaiman »

I found those videos of performance from Brown Brigade @ some place called Chili Pepper in Sk. Kitts.
Someone recorded it and was really close to Dave, so it's cool.

Aggravation Plantation:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MLfXUPsg_-g

Purebread:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZWUT53R-l6Q

The quality is really good but the guy kinda messes around with the camera in the Purebread video.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ha sweet i was there. the place is actually called the red hot chili pepper but no one calls it that. there was only like 30 people at the show
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

only 30 people? whoa... that totally sucks. i hope Dave wasn't bummed about it.

and i only noticed it now, but considering i'm not hallucinating (or maybe i do), i see Vaughn with a short haircut and without all his long hair.
am i wrong? :o
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

yeah he had short hair. and it was so weird because after the show dave like shook everyones hand and like thanked everyone personally for coming out. he said "thanks for sticking through material you didn't know" because most people didn't know the words and everything. but most people stuck around and we all hung out and talked and stuff.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

sounds cool. you mean by that that like all the band members stayed in place and you could like talk with them and all?
sounds pretty cool.

if you've been there, could you tell a little bit about the setlist, i mean like, what songs you remember they played, and how long was the set?

plus, it looks like a small place you now, i dont know, but judging from those recorded videos, this place looks totally small and weird for a concert. is it even a club or something? looks like an empty apartment.

p.s. Vaughn looks so weird with short hair. why did he cut it, now he looks like Dave XD :lol:
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

i wrote about it in a thread called "i've gone brown" but the place was pretty small, but the concert "pit" area was even tinyer. it was like...not even a stage, there was no backstage. it was just like a area raised 1 foot with a bar across it. if you were where that guy was adn then turned around it was probably about 15 feet. then there was a half wall and the rest of the building is filled with tables. like a restaurant. the setlist, they played the whole album. and then a few other songs, you can read about it in the other thread
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

oh that thread was about this show, cool, cool, i'll check the setlist, don't remember it.

And that other place you're talking about seems like a total shithole, i wish Brown Brigade would get the attention they need and start playing in big and respectable venues.
LTS
Underclass Zero

Post by LTS »

lmao, St Kitts?!?!?!

i did a country research project on St. Kitts & Nevis, so freakin small!

why the hell did they play there?
One of a Kind of Something
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Dunno, i just coppied it from the guy posted the video haha.

he said The Chili Pepper at St. Kitts, so i thought its maybe important, but the place itself is very small anyway, though as we can see, Brown Brigade aren't really getting much attention now so they just play around Canada.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

its st. catharines. everone just calls it st. kitts for short...but yes...its just a city in southern ontario...
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It's a club, like all the venues they play now.

A nightclub, a bar...small venues.

They don't get crowds much bigger than 30-50 people at this point since they're just starting out. Dave's never disappointed though - he appreciates each and every person who comes out and listens to his music :)

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

That's awesome. i would die to be in a Brown Brigade show, even such a small one with 30-50 people, although i think it sucks so much for them.
I'm sure Dave enjoying but usually a ex-member of a multi-successful band gets more attention when he starts a new band. seems like Dave gets no attention at all with BB, and the only ones know them are Sum 41 fans.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Have no fear, though - they are slowly gaining recognition! And in their own right, too, rather than just "OMG DAVE BROWNSOUND" recognition.

Every show I go to by the end of it they've grabbed the crowd's attention and I always get asked several times "hey, who are these guys again?" and people are hearing the name and remembering it - and seeing them next time or buying the album at the shows...

Slowly but surely - they are becoming recognized for their own amazing talents and skills rather than just for being the former Sum 41 guitarist's band!

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah that's cool for everyone to be recognized for their talents cuz they are all talented (Johnny is a great drummer!) but i wish they would have a bigger crowd, and they would get noticed as former Sum 41 guitarist's band, and from then they could go to be recognized as a band on its own.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Hentaiman wrote:Yeah that's cool for everyone to be recognized for their talents cuz they are all talented (Johnny is a great drummer!) but i wish they would have a bigger crowd, and they would get noticed as former Sum 41 guitarist's band, and from then they could go to be recognized as a band on its own.
Awe I'll tell Johnny you said that :). He's a great everything...sweetest guy in life.

I think there's just not that many people into Sum 41 enough around here to be bothered with Dave's band. Like, on the signs and flyers etc. it always says "(ex Sum 41 Dave)" or something like it...but still not that many people come out.

Canadians/Ontarians take things for granted...

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

damn that's annoying, i do hope they will gain more attention with their next studio album.

and yeah, please Johnny that :P :D
haha, it'll be awesome. he such a badass on those drums, freakin' awesome!
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I wish I could go to a Brown Brigade concert and afterwords chill with the guys. I wouldn't know what to talk about though since I don't know enough about metal. Haha, especially after watching that interview Dave and Vaughn had in another topic.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

I would love to chill with the guys!
Talk with Dave about Megadeth, Iron Maiden and all. could be cool.

though i couldn't really fit the whole musical taste Dave has, you know with the raggae and funk and all, i dont know much about it, but i'll tell you what, BB's Relaxation Planatation kinda got me into funk. i thought it was total shit before.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Ah you needn't worry about the not-knowing-what-to-say thing, really - they're really sweet guys and just generally enjoy it when people enjoy their music.

Mr. Brownsound is an oddly easy to talk to young man haha.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

That's cool haha :D

and for a second there, i thought you wrote Mr. Brownstone haha (a Guns N Roses song and a slang for potheads :lol: ).