My latest published review for Teenspot.com happens to be...

Discuss Dave's current bands here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

My latest published review for Teenspot.com happens to be...

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

...Brown Brigade's "Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness".

(Sorry, I meant to put the Brown Brigade part in the topic, but it didn't end up fitting).

Was just published today - hot off the presses! haha

http://www.teenspot.com/reviews/view.html?id=301

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

thanx for the exclusive scoop haha :D

I like your review on Appetizer (even though i never heard it) so i'm sure to enjoy this one.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

that review was pretty good, i disagree completely with your +44 one though. its just the same old shiz rehashed, at least AVA did something new
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
V
Administrator
Administrator
First name: V
Instrument 2: Hero
Last.fm Username: valenzine
Twitter: valenzine

Post by V »

Woah!

I find it awesome that you write reviews on a high-profile website.

(Maybe I'm wrong.)
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Rick. wrote:that review was pretty good, i disagree completely with your +44 one though. its just the same old shiz rehashed, at least AVA did something new
Hey man, that's the fun of reviews - they're just the opinion of the writer. I think it's rad that you read it, even, and cared enough to tell me you disagree :)

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Hentaiman wrote:thanx for the exclusive scoop haha :D

I like your review on Appetizer (even though i never heard it) so i'm sure to enjoy this one.
Thank you! The Appetizer one will always have a special place in my heart - it was my first published review. And I happen to think it's pretty damned good, especially for a first-timer! haha

(minus the typos and such that I was told would be proof-read-out by the site...so I didn't bother to give it much proofreading and yeahhhh haha)

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

V wrote:Woah!

I find it awesome that you write reviews on a high-profile website.

(Maybe I'm wrong.)
I need to start replying to more than one message in one message *lol* It's been far too long since I've frequented a messageboard, I've forgotten how it's done!

Thank you! I actually find it pretty awesome myself haha. (I'd consider it pretty high profile, with the number of hits it gets a day, and how many members there are on there that use it every day!).

I hope that doesn't get taken as bragging, it's not meant to - I just actually think it's really awesome and am still excited about it haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:I need to start replying to more than one message in one message *lol* It's been far too long since I've frequented a messageboard, I've forgotten how it's done!

Thank you! I actually find it pretty awesome myself haha. (I'd consider it pretty high profile, with the number of hits it gets a day, and how many members there are on there that use it every day!).

I hope that doesn't get taken as bragging, it's not meant to - I just actually think it's really awesome and am still excited about it haha
Please be aware of doing multiple posts as it is considered spam.

;)

So how did you get that job?
Don't try to kill a mockingbird, they're the fucking mafia of the animal kingdom.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Haha yeah I'm trying to remind myself to read all the way through replies the first time, and copy and paste the "quote" stuff into my final reply.

I happened to randomly search something on google that brought up the teenspot site...some band or something...and I saw a little bulletin thing on there saying they need writers and to send an application package with sample writings and a short bio on yourself and all that crap. I figured what the Hell, it'd be fun.

So I did it. And winds up now that it's just me and one other guy who do all the reviews for the site (mostly him, though, as I got pretty distracted for a long time and there was some technical issues when they changed over their layout and such).

After I got the reply saying they wanted me to write, I actually parused the website a bit and realized that it's massive! That's when I actually got pretty stoked about it haha.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Haha yeah I'm trying to remind myself to read all the way through replies the first time, and copy and paste the "quote" stuff into my final reply.

I happened to randomly search something on google that brought up the teenspot site...some band or something...and I saw a little bulletin thing on there saying they need writers and to send an application package with sample writings and a short bio on yourself and all that crap. I figured what the Hell, it'd be fun.

So I did it. And winds up now that it's just me and one other guy who do all the reviews for the site (mostly him, though, as I got pretty distracted for a long time and there was some technical issues when they changed over their layout and such).

After I got the reply saying they wanted me to write, I actually parused the website a bit and realized that it's massive! That's when I actually got pretty stoked about it haha.
Maybe if you had realized that it was massive you wouldn't have gotten the job.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

True, that's entirely possible. Although I've managed to keep the job after knowing the site's massiveness haha

Really, though, I may not have even bothered applying if I realized as I woulda just assumed that everyone and their mom was applying and they'd want to hire one of the kids who actually uses the site.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
V
Administrator
Administrator

Post by V »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:True, that's entirely possible. Although I've managed to keep the job after knowing the site's massiveness haha

Really, though, I may not have even bothered applying if I realized as I woulda just assumed that everyone and their mom was applying and they'd want to hire one of the kids who actually uses the site.
My point exactly.

;)
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Well Its very cool for you :D

I wish i could have a job writing music reviews to some high profile site.

and where's this +44 review Rick's talking about, cuz if you said they rule and that their album is great and all, then i totally agree with you :D
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Click on "music" or whatever on the teenspot.com site...and scroll down a bit - my +44 review isn't too far down the list.

Edit - oops I lied. You also have to click on "CD Reviews".

Since I lied, I went and found it for you myself:

http://www.teenspot.com/reviews/view.html?id=235

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

I really enjoyed reading that review!

Time to listen to some Brown Brigade...
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

very cool, Ashley, i also liked +44's album very much!
Although i thought AvA's debut wasn't bad at all, i just liked +44's more, plus i prefer Mark over Tom in every given day (not in a gay way XDD :lol: ).
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Gunner wrote:I really enjoyed reading that review!

Time to listen to some Brown Brigade...
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

And viva la Brown! haha
Hentaiman wrote:very cool, Ashley, i also liked +44's album very much!
Although i thought AvA's debut wasn't bad at all, i just liked +44's more, plus i prefer Mark over Tom in every given day (not in a gay way XDD :lol: ).
I'm not into the AVA business, personally (and pretty obviously in that review haha)...and I totally agree - I've always been much more of a Mark fan than a Tom fan. He just stikes me in a more positive way with his attitude and the like. And I prefer his voice over the chipmunky-ness of Tom's voice (although gotta give Tom credit, his voice IS unique and recognizable). I also would much prefer Mark in my pants than Tom...that's also not in a gay way...since I'm a girl haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah you can say that, i have to add that i prefer Mark not in a gay way, since i'm a guy XDD :lol:

But yeah i agree, there's something in Mark's attitude, that gets you more going. there's just something more in his some writing, even back then in blink-182, Mark has this something that gets you going and he plays bass very well too.
You know, Mark like... he can be like a serious guy and all and a fun wanting crazy dude in the same time and that's what so great about him.

About the voice, i have nothing against Tom's voice, and i like the voices of them both, especially together in blink-182 but in any given day, as i said, i prefer Mark (and +44) over Tom (and AvA), although i do listen to AvA and i think they're not bad, and they're a band with a very unique sound, as well as Tom's unique voice.

Plus, i really have hatred for Tom, with all the disbanding blink-182 stuff, and the way he treated his long time buddies Mark and Travis, and that's why i also totally take Mark's side in this conflict, as well, cuz Tom was a total ass about it.