Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

and plus all the current heavy metal bands suck.
i mean really suck.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Dude - he's having fun haha. I promise you that.

And Sum 41 went a LONG time before getting popular...at least before getting popular in Canada and the US. Hell, they still aren't THAT popular...at least not where I'm from...

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

NoReason27 wrote:and plus all the current heavy metal bands suck.
i mean really suck.
the new ones yeah, the good old one who still active (most of them are still active) rule as always, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, etc...
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Hentaiman wrote:
NoReason27 wrote:and plus all the current heavy metal bands suck.
i mean really suck.
the new ones yeah, the good old one who still active (most of them are still active) rule as always, like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, etc...
Yea, but their not as good as they were. :? :shock: Irondeth!!!!!!!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Well, actually Maiden's "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Death and Life", their latest albums, are awesome, Megadeth's "United Abominations" from this year is freakin' awesome (i've been to a concert three months ago), and Judas Priest's latest "Angel of Retribution" from 2005 was also great, so actually, they are just as good as they were although around the end of the 90s-beggining of the 00s, all the three of those bands fucked up and had issues and crappy albums, but now they're back in full shape, so there are good heavy metal bands to listen to.

Plus, Metallica might release something worth listening soon.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Hentaiman wrote:Well, actually Maiden's "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Death and Life", their latest albums, are awesome, Megadeth's "United Abominations" from this year is freakin' awesome (i've been to a concert three months ago), and Judas Priest's latest "Angel of Retribution" from 2005 was also great, so actually, they are just as good as they were although around the end of the 90s-beggining of the 00s, all the three of those bands fucked up and had issues and crappy albums, but now they're back in full shape, so there are good heavy metal bands to listen to.

their ok. but you cant compare them to their older albums maidesn "Killers" or "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son". Megadeths "Rust In Peace" or "Killing Is My Buisness" and Metallica sucks. :D :D

Rainmaker though is kick ass :wink: :shock:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Well no, Rust In Peace is better than United Abominations, but at least unlike Metallica, Megadeth still do good albums and they have some instant classics on UA (like Sleepwalker for example), while Metallica stopped making normal music since the Black Album.

and actually Maiden's Dance of Death is one of the best, its up there with their finest, you know... Number of the Beast (how could u forget? :evil: its their best!), Killers and Fear of the Dark.

Judas Priest's latest is also definitely up there with their best, British Steel and Screaming for Vengeance.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

8) as always you make a good point. but i dotn listen to presit :shock: :shock:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

too bad. Priest rulez!

and i can probably find a lot more examples of good old heavy metal bands who still active and rockin'.
most of modern heavy metal bands now pretty much suck, yeah.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

when i listen to octane or hardattack on Sirius, 90% of the heavy metal band on there really aren't good at playing there instrument.

so all in all: if you can't really play a guitar or drums or sing, start a heavy metal band! all you got to know is a few variations on a very low riffs, know how to grunt, hit a drum like your mad at it, and have really long hair so you can whip it around like an idiot. :)
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah the idiotic long hair is important :lol:
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

sumfan wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:Well, actually Maiden's "Dance of Death" and "A Matter of Death and Life", their latest albums, are awesome, Megadeth's "United Abominations" from this year is freakin' awesome (i've been to a concert three months ago), and Judas Priest's latest "Angel of Retribution" from 2005 was also great, so actually, they are just as good as they were although around the end of the 90s-beggining of the 00s, all the three of those bands fucked up and had issues and crappy albums, but now they're back in full shape, so there are good heavy metal bands to listen to.

their ok. but you cant compare them to their older albums maidesn "Killers" or "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son". Megadeths "Rust In Peace" or "Killing Is My Buisness" and Metallica sucks. :D :D

there old albums are classics, but their newer stuff is still awesome, they have just progressed over the years, i mean these bands have been around quite a while, you kinda expect their music to change over the years. and Dance Of Death is one of their best albums for me, i love it.

im just hoping the new offering from Metallica will be good, better than the last album ayways, lol. you need to see Metallica live man, they are amazing
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

bobbyjames wrote:
sumfan wrote:

there old albums are classics, but their newer stuff is still awesome, they have just progressed over the years, i mean these bands have been around quite a while, you kinda expect their music to change over the years. and Dance Of Death is one of their best albums for me, i love it.

im just hoping the new offering from Metallica will be good, better than the last album ayways, lol. you need to see Metallica live man, they are amazing
haha. but in the rainmaker vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enTPV_wkKbA

their look was the same as every other band in that time

like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGz2IzV1Eic

And thats just one example. then again almost everyone looked the same late 2002 to lat 2003.

Compare the Rainmaker song/vid to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icAzyx8EsKU

see how much difference? :lol:
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

lol its like all cool glam metal bands from the 80s kinda looked the same back then :lol:

and bobbyjames, yeah, i do hope Metallica's new album gonna be good, cuz their last one, St. Anger pretty much sucked.
And their new songs they played live were just okay, i mean, they sounded a lot like Offspring and anyway, they sounded like punk kinda stuff and not even metal, not to talk about thrash metal, so good thing Metallica said those two new songs won't be in the album.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Hentaiman wrote:lol its like all cool glam metal bands from the 80s kinda looked the same back then :lol:

and bobbyjames, yeah, i do hope Metallica's new album gonna be good, cuz their last one, St. Anger pretty much sucked.
And their new songs they played live were just okay, i mean, they sounded a lot like Offspring and anyway, they sounded like punk kinda stuff and not even metal, not to talk about thrash metal, so good thing Metallica said those two new songs won't be in the album.
I dont/havnt seen any that looked like Maiden. :D
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

me neither, but Maiden is something different.

its true 80s classic heavy metal.
plus they have 3 lead & rhythm guitarists, and thats more than conventional, so you cant really find lots of bands like that.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

Hentaiman wrote:lol its like all cool glam metal bands from the 80s kinda looked the same back then :lol:

yea i didnt really like the new songs they have been playin
Elise41
Billy Spleen

Post by Elise41 »

Correction on the part of one poster. St Anger sucked compared to everything else. But Metallica doesn't suck. See they only influenced so many bands and musicians including Sum 41 and Dave.

Dave said that the song was a cover song right before playing it live at Foufs. Reason why I said WD-80 is supposedly a cover song.

EDIT: Actually. I think that I'll ask Dave myself. :P

"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Tell what he said after you'll speak with him :D
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

It's not a cover.

I checked my album cover - all songs written by Brown Brigade except for Hallowed Be Thy Name.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website