Buds for Life EP?

Discuss Dave's current bands here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:what's 7x4? a demo song?
Working title for the song Blame The Wizards.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Oh. thanks for the info. didn't knew that.

So anyone knows what's the right tracklist for Appetizer and from where can anyone get it?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:Oh. thanks for the info. didn't knew that.

So anyone knows what's the right tracklist for Appetizer and from where can anyone get it?
Well, according to the wikipedia, the tracklist is the same as in here:
http://www.upper-management.com/brownbr ... rigade.htm

The songs Inept listed were available as live versions at BB's MySpace for a while.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

actually one guy i know is the one who edited and created the page for the EP in wikipedia and he's the one who told me those are the songs on the EP.

from where you heard that Last Writes, 7x4 and Blues Warrior appeared on the EP?
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Oh kids, what would you do without me? *lol*

The tracklisting is a very early version, recording in Dave's basement, of the following 3 songs.

E2DMFNF
Blues Warrior
Last Writes

It was part of a package at their shows - you buy a t-shirt for $15, and you get the EP. It was also on sale like that at killthe8.com. I'm not sure if it's even still available.

(and before you ask, yes, "E2DMFNF" was an earlier version of the album song "E to the F (Homeboy)". They are all old and starting demo versions of those songs, and are not the same as the ones on the album.)
Last edited by Asho_DirtyPoo on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Also - there was no "release date". They just had them on the tour with Pennywise. So whatever the first tour date was - was when it was released. It's not available in stores and stuff, so it wasn't exactly "released" at all.

Funny how wikipedia and all your various other sources (everyone who posted here) were wrong. I am, I promise you, 100% right, as I own the EP, and have for well over a year now. The hard copy, that I legitimately purchased from the band, not just the songs randomly downloaded from the internet for free.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

thanks for the info, Ashley!
it really helped out, although ironically while i wanted to check it out myself i googled "Appetizer for Destruction" finding a review by you of this EP :D

So i saw the tracklist there, but thanks anyway :D

I actually thought it was released in store.
Is there any chance you could rip it from you legitimate CD?
cuz it's like demo versions and stuff, it's not against the rules, and since people in Canada cannot find it now, think about people outside of Canada like me who have no clue where to get it, so if you could up those demo songs, it'll be great?

And if so, anyone knows where to get 7x4?

btw, i found it for Canadian in the Aquarious store for 5 bucks, but i think they're out of copies anyway, it's still only in Canada though.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Haha really? You found my review on a search for it? Was it through google? That's badass! Sad that after writing for teenspot.com for this many years I didn't realize that my stuff would come up in searches haha (keep an eye for my soon-to-be-published review of Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness ;))

I don't feel good about ripping songs off a CD that I purchased from a Band that I want to support and then giving them away for free...I'll think about it haha.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

:shock: you ARE all knowing.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Haha really? You found my review on a search for it? Was it through google? That's badass! Sad that after writing for teenspot.com for this many years I didn't realize that my stuff would come up in searches haha (keep an eye for my soon-to-be-published review of Into the Mouth of Badd(d)ness ;))

I don't feel good about ripping songs off a CD that I purchased from a Band that I want to support and then giving them away for free...I'll think about it haha.
Yeah, i found it through google, one of the first results there :D

And yeah, i totally understand you supporting the band and all, if i had a way i would buy this EP, but i think they dont even sell it normally no more, even in the Aquarious store it's like out of print or something, so it sucks, and those are just demo versions of some, i mean, like, it's not that big of a deal, i think, but since they anyway sold it in the Aquarious store for 5 bucks, i would definitely buy it if i could.

I really support Brown Brigade and i would like to buy also Into The Mouth of Badd(d)ness but my parents won't give me their credit card to buy it online, so i guess i'll wait.

Anyway, consider it 8)

btw, if anyone wants, here's Ashley's review of Appetizer:
http://www.teenspot.com/reviews/view.html?id=203

and btw, you maybe know from where to get "7x4"?
i read it was on their myspace once, but i still want to hear it and it's nowhere to be found, cuz Blame the Wizards, like, my fav off the album.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Like I said, I'll ponder it...and get back to you.

(PS on the review, the pictures were taken by yours truly as well ;))

To be completely honest, this thread is the first I've heard of "7x4". I never saw it on their myspace, and never heard of it. Not saying it doesn't exist, but unfortunately I've no knowledge of it whatsoever.

I'll poke and prod the boys next weekend and see if we can't come up with an explanation about it, eh?

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:To be completely honest, this thread is the first I've heard of "7x4". I never saw it on their myspace, and never heard of it. Not saying it doesn't exist, but unfortunately I've no knowledge of it whatsoever
7 X 4 was the working title for the song Blame The Wizards. It was available at their MySpace for a little time as a live version. To me, it sounds exactly like the album version of Blame The Wizards. Only difference is the title and the fact that it's a live version.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:Like I said, I'll ponder it...and get back to you.

(PS on the review, the pictures were taken by yours truly as well ;))

To be completely honest, this thread is the first I've heard of "7x4". I never saw it on their myspace, and never heard of it. Not saying it doesn't exist, but unfortunately I've no knowledge of it whatsoever.

I'll poke and prod the boys next weekend and see if we can't come up with an explanation about it, eh?
that's cool. thanks Ashley :D

and by the boys, you mean the Brown Brigade boys? :) :P
TomiT14 wrote: 7 X 4 was the working title for the song Blame The Wizards. It was available at their MySpace for a little time as a live version. To me, it sounds exactly like the album version of Blame The Wizards. Only difference is the title and the fact that it's a live version.
Well i would still want to hear it. even if it's the same only live.
i mean, like i have to hear everything by the sums :D
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Hentaiman wrote:
I'm not sure I know any other boys whom it'd be appropriate to ask haha

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:
Hentaiman wrote: