I've gone brown.

Discuss Dave's current bands here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

They are offically part of the Brown Brigade BAND, just not...the Brown Brigade. It's hard to explain through typing haha.

Chuck hasn't been in the band long, actually. When I saw them...Sept...14th, thereabouts? He had only been playing with them about a week (so says Mr. Baksh).

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

oh, yeah, i noticed that it's not even possible he would cuz his band just disbanded.

and like, i would get it the whole Brown Brigade and Brown Brigade BAND thing if it was solo artist.
I mean, like Jimi Hendrix or something, he was Jimi Hendrix but sure he had a bassist and rhythm guitarist and drummer, and people of course never called them Jimi Hendrix, they were the Jimi Hendrix Band of course, but it's harder when it's not just Dave Baksh or Dave and Vaughn and the Dave and Vaughn band, cuz they have a name - Brown Brigade... and they also have one more guitarist and a drummer which is natural for a band, so i dont get it , why only Dave and Vaughn like... consider themselves Brown Brigade and the rest like not official members?
like Tom in Sum 41.
What they dont have rights in decision in the band or something?
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Well...they aren't brown, for one haha

And I think it's a thing Dave and Vaughn have been working on for a lot of years now, playing together and writing together etc....I think that's where they are coming from with the whole them being Brown Brigade thing.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah i guess it's true and before it was only a side-project to Dave while still in sum. he started it around 2003, so the facts are kinda true, but i think it's not fair that it's like Brown Brigade which is Dave and Vaughn and there's they're backing band... which aren't Brown Brigade.... its kinda stupid.
Rick
Jessica Kill

Post by Rick »

ohh i was watching this thing on much music's website, and it was from the DTLI era and they were talking about if dave ever got any like phone calls from his family or whatever, and Deryck called dave's family the brown brigade
http://searchwithsum41.prodege.com/?cmd ... &rb=143979
go there and sign up and win cool shit.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Rick. wrote:ohh i was watching this thing on much music's website, and it was from the DTLI era and they were talking about if dave ever got any like phone calls from his family or whatever, and Deryck called dave's family the brown brigade
lol! sounds like Deryck inspired Dave the name haha.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

Or Deryck heard Dave use that term before, and decided to say it so the media would think he's cool...

/deryckdislike haha

Well, the other guys don't get like, disrespected or anything. They all get to be in the videos and are referred to as "part of my band". Johnny even has a shirt that says "Brown Brigade" on the front and "Johnny 'No Triggers'" on the back - Dave had it made for him...so yeah. It's really not them getting treated as second-class citizens or anything.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Byzzy

Post by Byzzy »

that's cool
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah i got that, but my question is if Johnny, Chuck and Cess has any power deciding in the band.
Like they are in the videos and all, but are they like Tom in Sum 41? don't have really any power deciding and stuff.

I mean, it definitely sounds like that and officialy it probably would be like that cuz they not THE BROWN BRIGADE itself, yet, as i know Dave, from emails and interviews and so, you can sure know he's such a person that will never leave them behind and probably always hears what they have to say and stuff, unlike with Tom in Sum, which is too bad =/ cuz Tom is pretty cool, but i guess it's since he's in Gob too and Gob also releasing a new album very soon so it's like... he cannot really be permanent in Sum 41.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

I think they get say in the songwriting and all that stuff. But I couldn't tell you for sure just offhand.*shrug*

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.