Discuss Dave's current bands here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

n4txO! wrote:yeah, that's like to say that "This is Goodbye" is a thank song too... is more like "you're gone, but we're still here"
No, it's actually kinda emotional. like "you're gone... and that's too bad. we're here, yet it's too bad you're gone". more like that.

Anyway, it's not a thank you song, but yeah, it's a dedication, but not a thank you.

Dave also said he gonna dedicate the punk EP "Buds for life" he gonna release with Brown Brigade for free at their website... so a 4-song EP is more than one song :D
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Anyone can scan the back cover of the album?
jsd2
Bunkface

Post by jsd2 »

so no thank you huh? I wonder, should they have put "Thank you dave - for leaving us".
I mean really, thanking people that actually helped out with the album.
Deryck, Steve, & Cone are happy that they could be more creative and all but you know deep down they're sour for dave leaving the band. They know the four of them looked good together and their feelings toward dave are now tainted and they had a hard time deciding if they should put dave in the thank you section (and I'm sure they thought long and hard whether to include him), and I'm sure what it came down to was who helped us to make UH possible, its a long debate, but we all know what the outcome was. wasn't easy.

but atleast they acknowledged him (dedication , thank you, or whatever)
It would've been shitty if they didn't
Elise41
Billy Spleen

Post by Elise41 »

Hentaiman wrote:Anyone can scan the back cover of the album?
Haha I'll do it possibly today.

EDIT: I'll do it when I can! ben busy of late.

"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

The Sum 41 song is actually not a nice song at all. Either that, or Deryck doesn't speak English well.

If you really listen to the lyrics, it isn't nice. "You measure no one that I've ever known" is not a compliment - it means that Dave doesn't measure up to ANYONE ELSE HE'S EVER MET. Thus Dave is less of a man than everyone else ever. OR...Deryck is dumb, and worded that wrong.

And something about "measures of heart are something something...especially since yours is full of emptiness"

NOT A FRIENDLY SONG.

I'm glad to see you recognized that, NoReason27. And hopefully others too. Dave is an amazing, upstanding man who deserves more respect than most give him. He is the one taking the high-road here. He doesn't deserve to be treated badly.

...and yeah, I don't even remember what this thread is about anymore, I just wanted to say that.

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website
I'm A Cunt [*banned*]

Post by I'm A Cunt [*banned*] »

Asho_DirtyPoo wrote:The Sum 41 song is actually not a nice song at all. Either that, or Deryck doesn't speak English well.

If you really listen to the lyrics, it isn't nice. "You measure no one that I've ever known" is not a compliment - it means that Dave doesn't measure up to ANYONE ELSE HE'S EVER MET. Thus Dave is less of a man than everyone else ever. OR...Deryck is dumb, and worded that wrong.

And something about "measures of heart are something something...especially since yours is full of emptiness"

NOT A FRIENDLY SONG.

I'm glad to see you recognized that, NoReason27. And hopefully others too. Dave is an amazing, upstanding man who deserves more respect than most give him. He is the one taking the high-road here. He doesn't deserve to be treated badly.

...and yeah, I don't even remember what this thread is about anymore, I just wanted to say that.
Dave IS an awsome dude.... but i dont like you.
Asho_DirtyPoo
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Asho_DirtyPoo »

sumfan wrote: but i dont like you.
...that's nice? haha

GutRock Concert Series - The concert series that raises funds and donates 100% of profits to Inflammatory Bowel Disease research.

GutRock Myspace
GutRock Facebook group.
Our under construction, soon to be website