Order In Decline - new album out NOW!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Order In Decline - new album out July 19th

Post by TomiT14 »

https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/ju ... 41-2521197

Such a great interview!
“I like it. I just hate the way it sounds. We actually recorded that album twice and the original recordings were better. It was the fault of the producer [Greig Nori] who was unsure of himself. We recorded in New York and had recorded everything and thought it sounded great. We took three days off and when we went back to Toronto to record vocals, the producer was freaking out: ‘We’ve got to re-do everything – none of the guitars are in tune!’. To me, it sounded fine. I have the old files still and went back and listened recently and was like: I knew they weren’t out of tune! But we redid it quickly and it didn’t sound as good. I’d like to re-release it with the original guitar sounds – superfans would probably be interested in how it should have sounded.”
This is the exact same story he told me couple of weeks ago. :glad: Wasn't sure if I could share it, glad it's out there! :silly:
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

He said it many times he hates how it was produced, it would be really exciting to hear the original, I want to know what he means! :glad:
Great interview indeed, finally someone can ask some funny, interesting questions.

I like Green Day, loved their last album, so I don't mind a new single at all. :happy: The more good music in a day, the merrier.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

I lol'd at the sexiest singers part and him prancing around the party acting like Avril :hehe: I like this kind of interviews every now and then.
The Farty One
First name: Rick

Post by The Farty One »

TomiT14 wrote:https://www.nme.com/music-interviews/ju ... 41-2521197

Such a great interview!
“I like it. I just hate the way it sounds. We actually recorded that album twice and the original recordings were better. It was the fault of the producer [Greig Nori] who was unsure of himself. We recorded in New York and had recorded everything and thought it sounded great. We took three days off and when we went back to Toronto to record vocals, the producer was freaking out: ‘We’ve got to re-do everything – none of the guitars are in tune!’. To me, it sounded fine. I have the old files still and went back and listened recently and was like: I knew they weren’t out of tune! But we redid it quickly and it didn’t sound as good. I’d like to re-release it with the original guitar sounds – superfans would probably be interested in how it should have sounded.”
This is the exact same story he told me couple of weeks ago. :glad: Wasn't sure if I could share it, glad it's out there! :silly:
You just know after like 7 words it's about DTLI. I hopes they put the original one out.

Absolutely love the interview. Those are the ones you want, not the ones where they say Order In Decline is a "rock record" for the billionth time without saying anything new.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Question to all those who have pre-ordered the physical copy from Hopeless. Has anyone received any digital downloads so far? I haven't heard anything from Hopeless since placing the order. :confusion:
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

TomiT14 wrote:Question to all those who have pre-ordered the physical copy from Hopeless. Has anyone received any digital downloads so far? I haven't heard anything from Hopeless since placing the order. :confusion:
Hi there! I pre ordered the phisical copy from Hopeless and I didnt recieve any digital download, nothing about a death in the family, never there and 45, just Out for blood.
Maybe I will recieve a code or something like that to download the record on the realise day 19/07.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

9 days left for Order In Decline! I'm excited, seems like this week will be so slow.
Sju

Post by Sju »

I can't wait!!!!!! I used to always listen to leaks and previews, except for 13 Voices. Now I decided to even skip 45 until the album is out and it's getting more and more difficult. :suicide: Also, I'm insanely excited for Catching Fire. A week feels like eternity right now
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

I didn't listen to 45 either, but I'm going to listen to the leak or the real thing, whichever comes first. What is important is the full album experience and I can have that on any date :D

But yeah, this is gonna be a long-ass week or so.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Some stores start selling the album, I see two people got their copy right now, a leak is coming?

https://twitter.com/SoCalMessiaH/status ... 7506488322

https://twitter.com/TheAlysWords/status ... 1023492097

Thanks to Sum 41 Brazil for that info!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Maybe it's not the right topic, but I just can't bother looking for another one, the forum is a little bit chaotic…
So: does anyone know what it is this exactly? https://www.ebay.com/p/Sum-41-The-Compl ... 3812835279
I found it accidentally, but I can't find what it contains.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Maybe it's not the right topic, but I just can't bother looking for another one, the forum is a little bit chaotic…
So: does anyone know what it is this exactly? https://www.ebay.com/p/Sum-41-The-Compl ... 3812835279
I found it accidentally, but I can't find what it contains.
That’s an unofficial re-release of the Bring The Noize DVD. It’s been over 10 years since I watched it, but as far as I recall, it was interviews of former band members and friends. Didn’t include Sum 41 members or their music.
Sju

Post by Sju »

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Great to see these good reviews! I'm not sure the big public will pick up the band again, this album is not that radio-friendly, but at least they could get some appreciations from critics.
(Although I don't know what the hell the first reviewer mean by saying SBM is their worst... :suicide: It was one of, if not THE best Sum 41 album. :silly: )

Tomi: Thx for the info!
Sju

Post by Sju »

Iam The Ghost wrote: (Although I don't know what the hell the first reviewer mean by saying SBM is their worst... :suicide: It was one of, if not THE best Sum 41 album. :silly:
Yeah I was like what in the fuck is he talking about. I know the album got mixed reviews but to claim it's that bad he pretends it doesn't exist?? Dude :holyshit: I personally consider it their best one, and I don't think that's gonna change this Friday
Sju

Post by Sju »

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I usually can't stand this guy, but he gave a really good review.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Pain for Pleasure is also reviewing the album which is so awesome! :hehe: I missed these crazy fun videos
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

As the album has now been released, the former Leak Thread continues to be the place for your thoughts and reviews about the album. This thread is for interviews, articles, videos and all other Sum 41 stuff. :happy:
The Farty One
First name: Rick
Post by The Farty One »

Still don't know how to embed YT vids on here

Mod edit: Put the part after "v=" (and before "&" if there is one) between the youtube tags. For example in this case, if the url is "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[i][u]gBwIdPq_Djk[/u][/i]&t=0s", the highlighted part should be included like as follows (without the spaces in the tags):

[ youtube ]gBwIdPq_Djk[ /youtube ]