New album thread: Summer 2019?

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

That's the clip I listened to on someone's instagram. I caved and couldn't resist a listen, I'm so ashamed of myself lol :balling: :blush:

It sounds good but I'm not keen on another song with 'blood' in the title.....
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby TomiT14 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Where do you see the artwork?
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby sprinks41 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:23 am

TomiT14 wrote:Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!

I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??
User avatar

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 pm
First name: Jim
Age: 0
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Postby HugoDisasters on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:37 am

Some pictures from inside the shoot has been posted online.

AGAIN, HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!!
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Postby crungss on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:25 am

24th April We will hear and able to listen “Out For Blood” 100% that’s why sums didn’t really care about snippets and parts of song might be upload to internet after the videoshooting. 7th may is a date when radiostations will add out for blood to rotation. The other single is called “A death in the family”
crungss
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm
Location: Russia
First name: Mike
Age: 22
Gender:
Last.fm Username: crungss

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:10 pm

sprinks41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!

I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??



I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.

There is now another video on YouTube with a couple more clips of the song. It sounds pretty awesome but I'm already critical of a few lyrical decisions lol
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby crungss on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Thanksformuffins41 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Alright, we’re getting super close!

While nothing has been confirmed yet, we might now know the names for the first single and the album, as well as the artwork (for the album?)!

The biggest mystery for now is the release date. Someone at Reddit claimed that Cone said the single will be out ”on Wednesday”, suggesting April 24th. I asked Cone to confirm this, but he replied ”Ha, let the rumours fly”.

This website lists the new single to be released on May 7th, while this Japanese website lists either the album or the single out on May 22nd.

So, it can be either of those, or none of them. Still one thing is certain. Both the single and the album will be out soon!

I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??



I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.

There is now another video on YouTube with a couple more clips of the song. It sounds pretty awesome but I'm already critical of a few lyrical decisions lol


Agree. I really want to count how many times Deryck singing with words “Save”, “Help” “Blame” “Alone” “Blood” and etc
crungss
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm
Location: Russia
First name: Mike
Age: 22
Gender:
Last.fm Username: crungss

Postby HugoDisasters on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Video from inside the shoot - SPOILER ALERT
Spoiler: show

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby TomiT14 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:24 pm

Thanksformuffins41 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??


I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.


Yeah, considering the artwork and the Japanese dates, I think it’s possible that it’s the album title too.

crungss wrote:The other single is called “A death in the family”


Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:30 pm

TomiT14 wrote:
crungss wrote:The other single is called “A death in the family”


Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.


Where did you find the information about that song?
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby crungss on Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:54 pm

TomiT14 wrote:
Thanksformuffins41 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??


I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.


Yeah, considering the artwork and the Japanese dates, I think it’s possible that it’s the album title too.

crungss wrote:The other single is called “A death in the family”


Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.

He wasn't writer, he produced their songs


https://pp.userapi.com/c852032/v8520328 ... Ep4nNY.jpg
crungss
Newbie
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:51 pm
Location: Russia
First name: Mike
Age: 22
Gender:
Last.fm Username: crungss

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby TomiT14 on Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:50 pm

crungss wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
Thanksformuffins41 wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:I only heard a possible single title. What is the possible album title??


I think Tomi means the single title 'Out for Blood' might be the same as the album title? As we saw from the potential artwork the single/possible album title was at the bottom.

I think the date on the Japanese site is their release date as they're weird and do things later.


Yeah, considering the artwork and the Japanese dates, I think it’s possible that it’s the album title too.

crungss wrote:The other single is called “A death in the family”


Where did you find it’s a single? All I know it’s a song written by Mike Green, as were Out For Blood, War and Breaking The Chain.

He wasn't writer, he produced their songs


https://pp.userapi.com/c852032/v8520328 ... Ep4nNY.jpg


Just like it says behind that link (and in the 13 Voices booklet):
Job: CW - Co-writer

Deryck has been the band’s sole producer since Underclass Hero.

But still no word that it would be single.
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Frank Zummo talking about the new album & single shoot

Postby HugoDisasters on Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:50 pm


Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:54 am

Cool interview, I'm really looking forward to this 'beast' of an album with all these 'insane' songs. I hope it's gonna be good.

On another note, do you guys think there should be an intro again? Because personally I felt that FMOD should have kicked off 13 Voices and A Murder of Crows should have ended it (also Black Eyes should have replaced There Will Be Blood imo). I just want another record that gets straight into it again.

Sorry to bring up 13 Voices, but it'll be interesting to compare the 2.

Finally do we know anything about the director of the new music video? Is it Marc Klasfeld again or someone new?
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Re:

Postby HugoDisasters on Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:19 am

Thanksformuffins41 wrote:Cool interview, I'm really looking forward to this 'beast' of an album with all these 'insane' songs. I hope it's gonna be good.

On another note, do you guys think there should be an intro again? Because personally I felt that FMOD should have kicked off 13 Voices and A Murder of Crows should have ended it (also Black Eyes should have replaced There Will Be Blood imo). I just want another record that gets straight into it again.

Sorry to bring up 13 Voices, but it'll be interesting to compare the 2.

Finally do we know anything about the director of the new music video? Is it Marc Klasfeld again or someone new?


If I'd have to pick I'd probably want 13 voices to be the first track of 13 Voices. But then again I do love Murder of Crows and how its sneaking up to the bang.
If you think about it this is also done in SBM with Reason To Believe, which is in a very similar mode as Murder of Crows.

I'd say it really depends on the dynamic composition of the other tracks. Starting off an album with all the bangers will make the slower tracks lose significance after listening through half way imo.

The same way we enjoy a rollercoaster ride for its sudden up and downs, i'd like to have the same suspense in an album experience.

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2973
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby sprinks41 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:04 am

New album info leaked...

Spoiler: show
"Order In Decline"
Release date: July 19, 2019

Track list
1. Turning Away
2. Out For Blood
3. The New Sensation
4. A Death In The Family
5. Heads Will Roll
6. 45 (A Matter Of Time)
7. Never There
8. Eat You Alive
9. The People Vs…
10. Catching Fire

Got it from https://merchnow.com/products/v2/290690/spotify-exclusive-order-in-decline-spotify-green
User avatar

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 872
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 pm
First name: Jim
Age: 0
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Re: New album thread: Summer 2019?

Postby Andros on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:17 am

sprinks41 wrote:New album info leaked...


Man what a sick info! Amazing, just can't wait for that!
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Postby Thanksformuffins41 on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:32 am

If that's all true, which it seems to be it sounds and looks amazing. I'm loving some of the titles and the artwork.

Deryck and Tom have also confirmed that the single will be out this Wednesday. And have you guys noticed that they all have changed their name above the insta bio to one word? They all make up Out For Blood 24 April
User avatar

Thanksformuffins41
Newbie
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 26
Gender:
AKA: MetalMilitant41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississippi Saxophon

Postby Andros on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:53 am

Yes I know, but I have a question about the info, because in the site says you will have the single if you pre-order the album? That's right?
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron