Goddamn I'm Dead Again - Music Video is out!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Goddamn I'm Dead Again - Music Video is out!

Post by TomiT14 »

Music video for Goddamn I'm Dead Again was released today! It was filmed a month ago in Los Angeles area with bunch of superfans joining the set. Check it out!
dirk
Bunkface
First name: dirk

Re: Goddamn I'm Dead Again - Music Video is out!

Post by dirk »

Whoot.. video for Goddamn, I'm dead again is online!

What do you guys think?

It has a Fat Lip/Underclass Hero vibe. Graffiti, throwing guitars, jumping etc.

I am the biggest Sum 41 in the world(for sure!). But i think Fat Lip en Underclass hero were much more better.

I like Sum 41 for these kind of songs Some Say, Pieces, With Me, Bitter End, 88, Pull the Curtain, Dark road out of hell, blood in my eyes etc.

The album 13 voices was oke, but only Twisted by Design, FMOD, GSUS, TFATR were great songs. The rest of the album is OK.

BTW, deryck whibley. you are my hero. I hope you read this post!

I saw you in holland at 013, lowlands, amsterdam, and pinkpop about a few months and pinkpop. You are a great MAN.

Thank you for everything.

is there gonna be another album? I hope something like screaming bloody murder/chuck.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I think it was really cool of them to shoot a fun video with fans. I'm glad they used this song, so now we can share it with people minus the infringement on copyright, haha.

Anyone know if this was purely for fun, or is it a new single? I assume the band would say if it was or not, but I just find it odd that they only officially put out one single so far and it was War. I am not complaining about the amount of videos they've done for this album though, which is awesome.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

What difference it would make if it was a single?
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Perhaps my favourite song on the album (I also like 13 Voices and Twisted by Design a lot!), but the video is weak. I get what they were going on for here, but somehow I don't see how it fits the song. Also feels a bit like a less fun version of Fat Lip (which was already copied on UH).
Dunno, I like the fact that they chose this song for a video though.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Iam The Ghost wrote:What difference it would make if it was a single?
More radio-play, and more attention paid to the song. I know Deryck doesn't care about that sort of stuff, but personally I wish everyone could hear the song. In retrospect I feel like Goddamn I'm Dead Again would've made an amazing first single, especially if it was released before Fake My Own Death.
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

It's cool like other people said, but it's not greatest contrast with there more adult reserved look and style these days. They aren't doing fat lips, stupid dances and wearing goofy clothes anymore so the energy is off.

I'd love to see a video for TBD or BTC where its like dark/mature and sort of like the Pieces video where theres that clever thematic appeal.

This just feels like another concert video really, not much replay value.

They are awesome though for giving the fans this event. Maybe they should have done it at night tho, so it could have had a darker feel.