Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum 41's 7th studio album will be called 13 Voices, and it will be out on October 7th!

Here's what Deryck has to say about the new album:
Deryck wrote:I am really excited to be releasing an album after everything I've been through recently. This new music represents the journey I've been on throughout the process of making this record. I had to fall in order to rise, and nothing feels better than to have something you love that you had to really fight for. I can honestly say that ‪#‎13Voices‬ saved my life and I cannot wait to share it with all of you.
And here's the track list:

1. A Murder Of Crows (You're All Dead To Me)
2. Goddamn I'm Dead Again
3. Fake My Own Death
4. Breaking The Chain
5. There Will Be Blood
6. 13 Voices
7. War
8. God Save Us All (Death To POP)
9. The Fall And The Rise
10. Twisted By Design

13 Voices will be released on October 7th through Hopeless Records.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://www.altpress.com/images/uploads/ ... Voices.png[/imgwidth]
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Re: 13 Voices

Post by sum41-freak »

yes, it`s time for a new thread, after we know the album details.

the cover artwork is simple, but i like it. the song titles sound very cool.
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

In for shits, awesomeness n giggles
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I love all the old school vibes with this cover, especially with the logo sticking around! If Deryck somehow ventures into this thread, it'd be cool to know how "13 Voices" sums up the album as a whole (Without giving too much away, of course).
olipower
Post by olipower »

Hi Guys! I don't post here too often, but I come almost every day to get some news about the new Sum41 album. Yesterday, I saw a video on vimeo announcing the new Sum41 album and there was some music in the background. It sounded a lot like Sum41, but it was something I never heard before.

Here is the link:

https://vimeo.com/169576835

I just wanted your opinion about it. Do you know where it comes from? Did I missed an update? Do you think it as already been leaked?

By the way, sorry for the mistakes, I am French Canadien... English is not my main language.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

You scared the shit out of me, but the song you're hearing is an old song. It's called 'Always' and was released on '8 Years of Blood, Sake and Tears: The Best of Sum 41' (or All the good shit, not sure anymore) back in 2008.
olipower

Post by olipower »

Lars wrote:You scared the shit out of me, but the song you're hearing is an old song. It's called 'Always' and was released on '8 Years of Blood, Sake and Tears: The Best of Sum 41' (or All the good shit, not sure anymore) back in 2008.
Omg, Never heard that song... Thats a nice surprise! Thanks!
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Really excited about everything but the artwork! Those titles excite me the most, sounds like there's quite a story behind them. A few seem pretty clear, but I can't wait to learn about the lyrics and background stories!
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Some bands have done some videos/bonus videos about background of the songs, how they were born and all that. That would be super cool to hear after album's done.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Looks like we've got a lot of songs about death.. and is it just me or did you guys expect/hoped for more than only 10 songs aswell? I mean I'm happy as long as I get new sum stuff but c'mon I need mooooore :balling:
But yeah, if deryck did a track by track, that would be pretty neat!

Btw it looks like D doesn't know how to spell his own name respectively its more like their social media guy doesn't. :devious: they changed it right after I took the screenshot though.
Screenshot_2016-06-07-01-48-20.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Ardi41 wrote:Btw it looks like D doesn't know how to spell his own name respectively its more like their social media guy doesn't. :devious: they changed it right after I took the screenshot though.
Screenshot_2016-06-07-01-48-20.png
:devious: Nice catch! I do notice Deryck has a preference to type in all lower case, no capitalization. That's how I notice, too.
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

I'm really excited, I first saw the leak yesterday from the Russian site but then the thread was taken down on here.

I have a couple of qualms about the album name and art. Firstly I kind of like the retro thing with the old band logo and Pain for Pleasure/Happiness Machines design but they could of done a lot more with it. The artwork could have been done on photoshop quite easily by anybody. I was expecting a brand new design for the logo and artwork but nevermind I still like it, hopefully I'll grow to love it.

The album title seems a little random until there's an explanation to what '13 Voices' means, it would have made more sense if there were 13 tracks (hopefully there's 3 hidden ones) :winkwink:

I would have preferred the title to be 'Goddamn I'm Dead Again', because to me that would have retained a little bit of the Sum 41 humour that we all love. And considering Deryck nearly died several times it would have made sense. But that's ok if Deryck thought the name should not represent anything a bit more fun given the journeys he's been through to make the record.

The article that leaked it at first said the first single would be 'Fake My Own Death' in the 20's of June, right before Warped Tour. Hopefully that gets leaked as well haha :hehe: :silly:
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

A single before Warped Tour would - indeed - make perfect sense, as I already stated somewhere on this boards.

They also confirmed they would play a new song live on the WP so uh... I think the audiences would react better if they release it before that.
MetalMilition41

Exactly, the Russian site definitely said 'Fake My Own Death' would be released as the first single then. Their first date on Warped Tour is June 22nd. So maybe 20th or 21st is my guess or earlier.

This is me in dreamland but I'd have loved to have seen an image of a man standing over himself in a hospital bed, over his own grave or peeking through the door at his own funeral with Goddamn I'm Dead Again as the album title.
MetalMilition41

This is me in dreamland but I'd have loved to have seen an image like a man standing over himself in a hospital bed, over his own grave or peeking through the door at his own funeral as the album cover and had Goddamn I'm Dead Again as the album title.

And don't bother me with that double post bullshit.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Goddamn I'm Dead Again wouldn't be a very marketable album title though. I love 13 Voices. I also love the artwork and think it will look great as a CD sleeve.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I read somewhere a theory (maybe on Instagram) about 13 Voices: it can reflect Sum 41's members as there were 13 of them. I can't confirm it, although on wikipedia if we count current and past members there are 13 of them, but I actually don't know most past members (guess they're procuders).
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm interested in knowing the significance of the title "13 Voices" for the album. Maybe we'll find out in the song itself. I think Deryck already talked about it in an interview, but I forgot already haha. Looking at the track listing it seems like a strange choice compared to maybe, "The Fall and the Rise" or "Twisted by Design". Those to me seem like more typical titles for an album.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new single. I'm sure two songs will be released by the time the album drops. That seems to be the case with a lot of bands. Blink-182 is going to release a second song from their new album tomorrow.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'm interested in knowing the significance of the title "13 Voices" for the album. Maybe we'll find out in the song itself. I think Deryck already talked about it in an interview, but I forgot already haha. Looking at the track listing it seems like a strange choice compared to maybe, "The Fall and the Rise" or "Twisted by Design". Those to me seem like more typical titles for an album.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new single. I'm sure two songs will be released by the time the album drops. That seems to be the case with a lot of bands. Blink-182 is going to release a second song from their new album tomorrow.
This is when Deryck talk about 13 voices the song, I think it's from Kerrang magazine, he says:
There's a song on the new album called 13 voices, which is about analysing too much when you can't get out of your head.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I have a feeling this album will be quite something else! The story behind 13 voices just makes it better.
Deryck on stage wrote: Well
Fuck
Motherfuckers
Deryck on songtitles wrote: Dead
Dead
Dead
Dead
Dead
:hehe:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]