Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
The Jester
First name: Rick
Re: 13 Voices

Post by The Jester »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Spoiler tags, do we still need 'em? I'll just play it safe, haha.
Spoiler: show
The video really compliments the song well, especially where Deryck is burning his old stuff. A little cliche, but it makes sense. I was not a big fan of him rising to the sky though, it reminded me of the Bruce Wayne scene in the Batman v Superman film, haha.
As for the song itself, it's a fitting first single. I am glad, however, that Fake My Own Death was released first. These two songs together can give the general audience and idea of what to expect from the new album.
Fully agree, both on the song and on the video.
Spoiler: show
I love how he got dragged there by some hot chick, like, go deal with your past. I loved how he dug up his guitar and and an empty bottle of Jack as well
sumelf
Hooch
Instrument 2: Guitar

Post by sumelf »

Well... I don't feel that this song is strong or catchy enough to make a hit. Actually, I don't really love Sum 41 slow songs except of Pieces of course. So, I'm not a good reviewer.
However, I love how they made a new sound, like they've never done before. This is what Sum 41 is for me - different sound on every album.
If only there was a Dave's solo on this song - that would be so much better.
PTswim41
Billy Spleen
First name: Dan

Re:

Post by PTswim41 »

sumelf wrote:Well... I don't feel that this song is strong or catchy enough to make a hit. Actually, I don't really love Sum 41 slow songs except of Pieces of course. So, I'm not a good reviewer.
However, I love how they made a new sound, like they've never done before. This is what Sum 41 is for me - different sound on every album.
If only there was a Dave's solo on this song - that would be so much better.
I was thinking the exact opposite. That this song is catchy enough to get some radio play and maybe pull towards an audience that sum 41 hasn't had in years. And a Dave wanking solo probably wouldn't fit in this song, I love the little solo and breakdown that they put on it
The Jester
Post by The Jester »

Do you guys think this is the last bit we get before the album comes out, or do you think we'll hear more beforehand. I wasn't really paying attention when SBM came out
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re:

Post by samueeL »

The Jester wrote:Do you guys think this is the last bit we get before the album comes out, or do you think we'll hear more beforehand. I wasn't really paying attention when SBM came out
With Underclass Hero we heard March of The Dogs, Underclass Hero and Walking Disaster before album came out. With SBM we heard Skumfuk, SBM and Blood In My Eyes.

But if I had to make a wild guess considering how close the album is at this point, this was the last of what we hear before album is out.
The Jester
Re: Re:

Post by The Jester »

samueeL wrote:
The Jester wrote:Do you guys think this is the last bit we get before the album comes out, or do you think we'll hear more beforehand. I wasn't really paying attention when SBM came out
With Underclass Hero we heard March of The Dogs, Underclass Hero and Walking Disaster before album came out. With SBM we heard Skumfuk, SBM and Blood In My Eyes.

But if I had to make a wild guess considering how close the album is at this point, this was the last of what we hear before album is out.
Ok thanks. I guess that makes sense with this album being shorter. Releasing 3 songs out of 14 or 15 is much different from releasing 3 out of 10 I guess
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

samueeL wrote:

Yeah, SBM was released about 2 months before the album, Blood In My Eyes about 1 month before. We're now 6 weeks away from the album, so I'd think there won't be another one before the release. But we could have a second single out around the end of October or November.
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

I would hope to have another single out around the time of the album release date to increase hype for the album again. But seeing as it's just 6 weeks away it will be too soon I guess, hopefully a second single will come in October. Tbh I would have preferred WAR to be the second single and something really up tempo with a catchy riff released now instead.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm thinking that a second single will be released either shortly before or a few days (up to a week) after the album release. However, since there's only ten songs on the album and they've already released two, that might not be the case. I just remember Walking Disaster coming out right before Underclass Hero dropped, so I'm just going off that.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Some interviews:

Don't have to wait 5-6 years for the next album it seems ;)
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/music/musi ... 84549.html

Good one:
http://teamrock.com/feature/2016-08-31/ ... rview-tour

Interview in London:
Cone & Dave:
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

Very unusual questions. Turns out Avril used to have a stalker who wanted to kill Deryck.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/the-vice ... ck-whibley
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

hey guy's!
we just got confirmation that no new song will be released before the launch of the album
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

DW_60 wrote:hey guy's!
we just got confirmation that no new song will be released before the launch of the album
I think that's a correct decision after these two (awesome) songs. There's only a month left anyway so we will hear the whole thing pretty soon.
The Jester

Post by The Jester »

DW_60 wrote:hey guy's!
In that casse I feel obliged to make the lame pun of asking you to wake me up when september ends.
It's a good choice though
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

there is only one month to 13 voices,I am happy to have tension while waiting the new album, I remember I got screaming bloody murder in late November or early December 2010 for a leak
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Re:

Post by Jables »

jacobbadillo41 wrote:there is only one month to 13 voices,I am happy to have tension while waiting the new album, I remember I got screaming bloody murder in late November or early December 2010 for a leak
Really? I remember a lot of anticipation and tension leading up to SBM, and if memory serves it only leaked a week or so before the actual release.
I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, but if there was a leak that early on it was kept very quiet :silly:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

I guess the leak is coming at late of this month, and maybe the previews of the songs will be before the leak or after.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Maybe I will be a good boy this time around and listen to the album when it is officially released and avoid any leaks.

It should go without saying that if/when the album does leak, anyone who wants to talk about it should keep their comments restricted to the spoiler tags until the album is released. I'll probably avoid the forum altogether though, haha.
Faeyaner
Bunkface

Post by Faeyaner »

I just ordered the vinyl of 13 Voices and it appears to be purple... any overview on the colour scheme worldwide?
have a try and test your knowledge:
http://www.allthetests.com/quiz33/quiz/ ... um-41-test
D. wrote:Actually I don’t think playing the guitar means that you can like fuckin' wank off really fast. That’s fuckin' easy. That’s technical, anyone can fuckin' do that.
It’s like sounding really nice, having a good feel, that’s all about the guitar.
That’s what I care about. I’d rather be a better strummer than fuckin' jizz all over the fuckin' fretboard...
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Faeyaner wrote:I just ordered the vinyl of 13 Voices and it appears to be purple... any overview on the colour scheme worldwide?
I think purple vinyl edition is a limit edition from France with only 500 copies but maybe you can buy in another country