Watch Sum 41 live at Air + Style!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Watch Sum 41 live at Air + Style!

Post by TomiT14 »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://groundctrl.s3.amazonaws.com/clie ... z8igZs.jpg[/imgwidth]

Today or tomorrow, depending on where you live, Sum 41 will begin their first tour in 3 years! The first stop is in Innsbruck, Austria, where they will play at the Air + Style festival.

For our pleasure, Air + Style will be streamed live at AirAndStyle.com. Unfortunately, the stream is only available to the fans outside USA. The fans in the US can still watch the show on their tablet or phone by downloading go90 app from App Store or Google Play

The festival will start at 12:30 pm and end at 10:00 pm Central Europe Time (CET).
Sum 41 will hit the stage at 3:15 pm CET.
Check the Time Zone Converter at TimeAndDate.com to see when to grab the popcorn in your time zone.

So, who's excited? I know I am! :2cool4u:
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Watch Sum 41 live at Air + Style!

Post by SumGeek »

What about Canada? They can't leave the Sums' homeland out! (I'll be checking tomorrow, anyway!) Their set is at 9AM tomorrow here, so, looks like all the assignments I planned to do are pushed back, oops! Thanks for sharing, TomI! I'll be eating breakfast with the Sums (Just two of my favourite things, ever, of course).
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:What about Canada? They can't leave the Sums' homeland out! (I'll be checking tomorrow, anyway!) Their set is at 9AM tomorrow here, so, looks like all the assignments I planned to do are pushed back, oops! Thanks for sharing, TomI! I'll be eating breakfast with the Sums (Just two of my favourite things, ever, of course).
I think the stream is only blocked in the US, so Canada should be good to go!

Damn I was lucky find this. I was thinking maybe I should update the FB event of the tour with the correct starting time, so I went to the festival's site to search for the timetable and found this! Damn it was close that we all would've missed it! :silly:
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Thanks for the info Tomi! It's good to check TNS before work so you find out that when you're back, there will be a SUM 41 concert to watch online. :2cool4u:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Anyone will record the streaming?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

"There's a band that's going to play, Sum 41". Oh, like this first date of a tour in three years is like, "just a thing". LOL. They're coming up!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

There they are...

Motivation it is!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

What a shitty crowd. Again.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Feels like The Sums 10-15 years ago. In a very good way! Guys looking and sounding good, damn!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Is it wishful thinking to say I hope there's a new track thrown in somewhere in this set?!
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Absolutely.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

And just like that, it's over. :balling: Someone stream Kerrang! tour for us not going. I NEED more!

That was a really great set. It's an understatement to say everyone on stage and off were enjoying this day to the fullest! (As did I here back home here in Canada, far, far, away from Austria!)
Last edited by SumGeek on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

spectacular show, but I missed a song of SBM
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Dude! That split solo in We Will Rock You! :ohshiz:

They sound HUGE! Super excited! :glad:
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

jacobbadillo41 wrote:spectacular show, but I missed a song of SBM
You didnt miss it, they didnt play anything from SBM. which is the only thing im disappointed by, but everything else was fantastic! they sound great as a 5 piece!
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

They sounded really great and Deryck's voice was fantastic!
But... the setlist was disappointing, moreover, it was boring... I guess it was the kind of show where they have to play their hits and it's impressive that they can fill a complete setlist with hit songs, but we've already known that and it made this performance predictable. Not even a SBM song...
So, they are still really good and can't wait to hear them live again, but now I'm impatient and would like to hear something new... I think some new stuff, a new performance action here and there on new song would make them also more motivated, rather than play the same songs, the same way again and again.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Am I the only one who was blown away by the new Walking Disaster intro?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Re:

Post by SumGeek »

Mitchell wrote:Am I the only one who was blown away by the new Walking Disaster intro?
One of the highlights from this show for me, too!

And yes, I'm still missing SBM tracks in their sets. You know what else didn't get played? Pieces! Which, is a personal favourite of Deryck's, and my own.
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck

Post by Mr. Biz »

hey everyone. thanks for all the great comments. sitting here back stage getting ready to do some interviews and i thought i'd check in. sorry about no sbm songs. we were all set to play sbm right before rock you. not sure if you could see it on camera but i ran up to zummo and told everyone to cut it and go straight into rock you. reason is, i was completely loosing my voice by that point in the show. the weather was so cold and being up in the mountains, those are the worst possible conditions to sing in. and it totally fucked me. if i would have sang that one i wouldn't have been able to play anymore after it. in too deep was a tough one for me. i hope it came out ok. i was struggling big time through it. but all in all it was a blast and excited for the kerrang tour next!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mr. Biz wrote:hey everyone. thanks for all the great comments. sitting here back stage getting ready to do some interviews and i thought i'd check in. sorry about no sbm songs. we were all set to play sbm right before rock you. not sure if you could see it on camera but i ran up to zummo and told everyone to cut it and go straight into rock you. reason is, i was completely loosing my voice by that point in the show. the weather was so cold and being up in the mountains, those are the worst possible conditions to sing in. and it totally fucked me. if i would have sang that one i wouldn't have been able to play anymore after it. in too deep was a tough one for me. i hope it came out ok. i was struggling big time through it. but all in all it was a blast and excited for the kerrang tour next!
I noticed that you sang parts of In Too Deep a bit lower than usual, but I thought it was just a cool way to make it sound a bit different. :glad: So you did well hiding your struggles!

This 5-piece arrangement really brings a lot more depth to the shows. The backing vocals sound awesome, so do all the guitars. Can't wait to hear more!

And thanks for checking in!