Sum 41 enters studio!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob
Instrument 1: Guitar

Re: Sum 41 enters studio!

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Andros wrote:So do you say it suck that they're not so much longer?
Yes, I think he is saying he wishes the clips were longer.

I wonder if they are both part of the same song or different songs. I don't really wish to know right now, I suppose so I can be surprised when listening to the album for the first time. I just remember back before Screaming Bloody Murder dropped that there were three parts of seemingly different songs from the updates, and I wanted to know the title of each one, but it turned out they were all from Blood In My Eyes. I guess it's a testament to how eclectic the album turned out to be.
I think they are two different songs, I can not imagine those two sounds in the same song, a clip appears to be a faster song while the other clip seems a bit slower and strong BIME style, I may this wrong
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Andros wrote:So do you say it suck that they're not so much longer?
Of course that's what I meant! :razz:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Yes, I think he is saying he wishes the clips were longer.

I wonder if they are both part of the same song or different songs. I don't really wish to know right now, I suppose so I can be surprised when listening to the album for the first time. I just remember back before Screaming Bloody Murder dropped that there were three parts of seemingly different songs from the updates, and I wanted to know the title of each one, but it turned out they were all from Blood In My Eyes. I guess it's a testament to how eclectic the album turned out to be.
Yeah, but I think there are two different songs because one say unfinished song and the other say rough mix, they sound different too. But I hope we get a release like Skumfuck (TNS version) or Blood In My Eyes.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Those snippets sound pretty cool, can anybody figure out the lyrics though?*non native english speaker here*
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

:balling: I want mooooore!! I need my sum fix !
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Happy to hear these. Always a fan of Deryck's melodies. Excited to hear more.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

I think is from an upcoming update. But the riff sounds so good
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Lars wrote:New snippet on Instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_4v8AlmZ8S/?taken-by=sum41
Exact same update but on Facebook (Has better sound quality)
https://www.facebook.com/Sum41/videos/1 ... 636457890/

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

TomiT14 wrote: Dec. 25th 2015 - 2
This snippet is particularly incredible ! I want more ! This song has the potential to be epic, I'm listening to it over and over again. It feels so good listening to new Sum 41 material !
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

I like the first one.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

as the year comes to an end, i can honestly say that 2015 has been one of the best years of my life. it has been a year of accomplishments. learning to walk again and getting back on stage were some of the hardest things that i’ve ever had to do. getting my life back on track and my health in order, while at the same time making a new Sum 41 album, almost seemed impossible this time last year, but now the record is almost done and i feel stronger and better than ever. the band is sounding bigger and better as a 5-piece, and it’s so great to have dave 'brown sound' back again after almost 10 years.

the Alternative Press awards performance with DMC was one of the best experiences in our career and the shows in North and South America were all amazing. it’s hard to believe that 2016 is going to be an even bigger year - i can’t wait! thanks for all the love and support and we’ll see you all in the new year!

- deryck
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

ImageImage
Image Image

Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Nice promo images, so if the album is almost done, we will have an update very soon?
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

For those who missed it, this is what Deryck had to say about the clips they released around Christmas:
deryck wrote:in my opinion this record is shaping up to be most like DTLI, CHUCK with a bit of SBM. and as always, it has a sort of new twist on everything. i wouldn't say that it's trying to be a metal album, but more of a hard rock record with a lot of guitar. it's getting close! can't wait for you guys to hear it!!!
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Lars wrote:For those who missed it, this is what Deryck had to say about the clips they released around Christmas:
deryck wrote:in my opinion this record is shaping up to be most like DTLI, CHUCK with a bit of SBM. and as always, it has a sort of new twist on everything. i wouldn't say that it's trying to be a metal album, but more of a hard rock record with a lot of guitar. it's getting close! can't wait for you guys to hear it!!!
I'm looking forward to it. I always thought Sum 41 sounded the best when they were fast and/or aggressive, haha.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I actually would like to get more updates, to be honest.

You know, I don't expect a video every day like they did when they were recording SBM.
But a tweet every once in a while, for example "Today the last guitars were record" or "Just mixed this awesome song, it sounds fucking huge" or whatever, will do.

I mean: I actually have no idea where they're at right now.

I have the feeling this album was recorded in a not-Sum 41-ish way. Usually, Deryck writes everything and makes a demo. Then they figure out the drum patterns and bass lines etc? before hitting the studio. To me, it always looked like they were in the studio a several months and that was that. Deryck would record all the vocals in his home studio.

Right now, I actually don't have a clue because everything seems to be recorded seperately, if you know what I mean.

There is - of course - nothing wrong with that but just regular updates would be so cool, that's all.

(For the record: I left the whole Pledge-thing out, although I found it an extra argument for my statement).
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Lars wrote:I actually would like to get more updates, to be honest.

You know, I don't expect a video every day like they did when they were recording SBM.
But a tweet every once in a while, for example "Today the last guitars were record" or "Just mixed this awesome song, it sounds fucking huge" or whatever, will do.

I mean: I actually have no idea where they're at right now.

I have the feeling this album was recorded in a not-Sum 41-ish way. Usually, Deryck writes everything and makes a demo. Then they figure out the drum patterns and bass lines etc? before hitting the studio. To me, it always looked like they were in the studio a several months and that was that. Deryck would record all the vocals in his home studio.

Right now, I actually don't have a clue because everything seems to be recorded seperately, if you know what I mean.

There is - of course - nothing wrong with that but just regular updates would be so cool, that's all.

(For the record: I left the whole Pledge-thing out, although I found it an extra argument for my statement).
http://justanothermusicblogsite.com/201 ... t-routine/

he sort of gives us an idea what he does for a day if this helps..
Yeah I am on a pretty strict routine, that sounds rather boring but it helps me work. I wake up at 9 everyday by 10.30 I am usually in the studio and it depends on what I’m working on that day but I try and finish work at 10.30 or 11 but sometimes I go to be at midnight and that is the block of the time that I work so it depends on what I am working on.

The other day on Friday we did three or four songs for drums so Frank was tracking drums and when Cone is in town we are recording his bass. It depends what I am doing that day but it is usually 10.30 am to midnight. Then I spend an hour with my wife and hopefully relax then try and go to sleep by 3 or 4 in the morning.”
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Thanks, this is new to me!

And to be clear: I'm not saying they're being lazy. I know Deryck works his ass off, so it's good to see things are going so well.

Hopefully we'll get another video update uhm soon.
DW_60
Hooch

Post by DW_60 »

Click to view the fullsize image

Soon!
Last edited by DW_60 on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image