Sum 41 enters studio!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Sum 41 enters studio!

Post by TomiT14 »

Lars wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Yeah, we got daily updates during the SBM recordings, but most of it was footage of partying. There's no party this time around, and since the guys are recording at their homes, there's not much to film.
That's strange, since you stated you disagree with Deryck when he was saying 'the recording process isn't that interesting to watch this time'.
And I still do. I'd love to see them track down even a short bit of a song. But the band doesn't think that's enough to be worth sharing, and I respect that. After all there's a chance people would go upset for such a small update, i.e. "I paid for this?!". I'm sure they would like to use PledgeMusic to post something that's worth sharing, and leave the small snippets to social media platforms. But as for now, since the drums were recorded, they don't seem to have enough such material to share.

Oh, and you keep mentioning the 13 updates like it's a bad thing. Haven't followed any other campaigns, but to me 13 sounds quite decent.

Anyways, I understand why people may be upset, and you're entitled to your opinion. I just don't see how keeping on complaining about it would make it any better. After seeing/hearing the updates we've got so far, I'm excited to hear how the album turns out. Even after giving a lot of money to this campaign, I never thought I would be deserving any more updates that already have been released. I'm just excited to know that I had a part in making this album happen, and that alone is cool enough.

Some people here probably had high expectations for the campaign, and I don't blame you for it. But to the rest of us who are just excited about the things we've seen/heard, the constant complaining seems out of place.

One thing I know for sure. Complaining and concentrating on what we are missing won't make this situation any better, and therefore won't make this waiting game any more enjoyable.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

They posted a new riff for potential new song

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDeGQZpGZ7t/
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Holy shit that sounds fucking amazing
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Yeah amazing, but I don't think that we will hear it in full, remember "Believe"? Or that little preview of a song in the making of SBM? Again, we don't have any idea of the process of the new album. But cool riff.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Just cause those songs didn't work out in the end, doesn't mean that this one won't either.
I really wanna hear the finished product of that one so being optimistic makes more sense than thinking we'll never hear the full song anyway
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

I know, I don't know if it's optimism or being realistic, but sometimes is in that way.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

Sounds like a 90's Metallica tune!
jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
First name: Jacob

Post by jacobbadillo41 »

It is a very good riff, tipical rock of 80-90
I understand because it is delaying the album, still is working hard and emerging new ideas. To continue working guys! :winkwink:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'm enjoying the riffs so far. They can hold me over until the album comes out. I hope they have a straight-up, fast punk song on this album like they've been doing previously (THT, Never Wake Up, ANIC, Welcome to Hell, King of Contradiction, arguably the latter half of Skumfuk).
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Pledge wrote:Hi Everyone,

We know we’ve been quiet recently, but it’s for good reason. The album is almost done! It’s in the final stages, being mixed and then mastered. We’re really proud of the new material and can’t wait to get it to you. More on that very soon.

In the meantime, we’re beginning to focus on the fulfillment of your orders – outside of the download, CD’s and vinyl. As things ship, you will receive a confirmation email from PledgeMusic with details. You can also visit https://www.pledgemusic.com/pledges and click “See pledge details” to check on the status of your order.

Thanks for being patient. It’s going to be worth the wait!

- Sum 41
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nice. Since it's in the process of being mixed and mastered right now there shouldn't be a reason why it won't definitely be released this year, right?
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

Hooray! I actually wonder if they rehearsed and recorded the whole new hard rock Metallica-esque song in just like a week or something after Deryck wrote it. Not that it isn't possible ;)
OswalddlawsO
First name: Jack

Post by OswalddlawsO »

Lars wrote:
Pledge wrote:Hi Everyone,

We know we’ve been quiet recently, but it’s for good reason. The album is almost done! It’s in the final stages, being mixed and then mastered. We’re really proud of the new material and can’t wait to get it to you. More on that very soon.

In the meantime, we’re beginning to focus on the fulfillment of your orders – outside of the download, CD’s and vinyl. As things ship, you will receive a confirmation email from PledgeMusic with details. You can also visit https://www.pledgemusic.com/pledges and click “See pledge details” to check on the status of your order.

Thanks for being patient. It’s going to be worth the wait!

- Sum 41
The wording makes it sound like it will be released independently!

Maybe we will get the digital download before the record label situation is resolved :)
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

It seems like we might have a release date!

While checking out the latest update, there's a link that says 'you can check out your order status here', or whatsoever. I didn't notice it at first, but clicked on it today.

On this page, the new album is now scheduled to be released on August 5th. Not sure if this is completely accurate, but if they're doing the last mixes and the mastering as we speak, it seems quite logical.

Here is a printscreen I made:
http://i.imgur.com/KztIQqd.jpg?1

But - again: for what it's worth, folks.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Has anyone got a confirmation e-mail or something about shipping? Pledge Music website still shows that my order expected by march of 31th. :silly: I just wonder is there someone whose status has changed yet.

By the way, I think it would be nice to see how much they could actually gather and how it covered their recording process.
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Post by sum41-freak »

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Yeah, well it doesn't really mean anything, they always in finishing process. :hehe:
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Yeah, well it doesn't really mean anything, they always in finishing process. :hehe:
I believe they're pretty close to finishing the album. My guess is that all songs were (being) mixed already while Deryck was working on that new song. As soon as he finishes that song, the recording process is done and it's pretty much out of their hands until they need to approve the final mix.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I honestly don't really care about these news. It comes out when it does, I'm fine with that, just don't expect me to be excited about the album anymore, cause I'm so tired of all those promises... I hope and feel it'll be great, but I'm done with the "exciting waiting" process.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]