DAVE IS BACK!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Andros »

Wow, can't wait for this era begins, this album comes more and more awesome, I really want to see a long video update or some snippets and see live performance with some new instruments like keyboards, really excited!
Ansem
Billy Spleen

Re: DAVE IS BACK!

Post by Ansem »

So glad Dave is back with the band.
I kind of hope there'll be more Chuck songs in the setlist now, especially in Europe where there weren't many tourdates around that time. I would love to hear 88 live.
Either way, really glad Dave is back. Looking forward to the new album and the tour that'll come with it. :)
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Pain For Pleasure with Dave on the vocals? Anyone?
vill_chouine
Bunkface
First name: Israël

Post by vill_chouine »

TomiT14 wrote:Pain For Pleasure with Dave on the vocals? Anyone?
I hope this song wont be played anymore, it was Stevo's thing.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

vill_chouine wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:Pain For Pleasure with Dave on the vocals? Anyone?
I hope this song wont be played anymore, it was Stevo's thing.
I agree.. I can't imagine this song being done without Steve.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

I would fucking love a song were Deryck and Tom trade off vocals. (with an epic Brownsound solo)

Someone here well known with Gob's ''Muertos Vivos''?

cause thats one of my favorite records ever. he would match deryck really good in an angry heavy song.
Cause i feel the backings in previous albums have always been deryck himself for the most part.
Guihrmsfo
First name: Guilherme
Twitter: Guihrmsfo

Post by Guihrmsfo »

jordidanen95 wrote:I would fucking love a song were Deryck and Tom trade off vocals. (with an epic Brownsound solo)

cause thats one of my favorite records ever. he would match deryck really good in an angry heavy song.
Cause i feel the backings in previous albums have always been deryck himself for the most part.
Couldn't agree more, I love Muertos Vivos and Tom does really have a great voice.
Screaming Bloody Murder is amazing, but I missed Tom's backing vocals, something I was expecting since he became an official member.

Deryck and Tom singing together + Dave's solo/backing vocal would be great, hope it happens on the next album
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

jordidanen95 wrote:I would fucking love a song were Deryck and Tom trade off vocals. (with an epic Brownsound solo)

I really liked that album (Muertos Vivos). It was a darker tone than usual for Gob, and kind of felt like that was the Sum 41 equivalent of Chuck. I remember reading somewhere that the demo for Screaming Bloody Murder was actually a destined b-side or unfinished track for Muertos Vivos, but Tom had trouble getting a vocal melody. I'm not 100% sure, I'm just going off memory here.

I know Deryck is the chief songwriter when it comes to Sum 41, but I think it would be awesome if him, Dave and Tom all collaborated equal amounts to a single track (b-side or whatever). Just to see what direction is goes in and how versatile the songwriting capabilities of the band members are.