DERYCK HERE.

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Postby jacobbadillo41 on Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Hi Deryck greeting from spain,when you have plans to launch next album or when the band will be back in the studio? I read that it is very likely taht the new drummer be Frank Zummo,is that one of the option madness thinking for the post on drums? Thank you very much that will go great in everything you do and thank you for making so many people happy with the music taht you give us.
User avatar

jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm
Location: Spain; Malaga
First name: Jacob
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: @sum41_spain
Instrument 1: Guitar

Postby deadmoon9285 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:38 am

Haha, many people have already beat me to the majority of the questions I would have considered asking so I'm just going to go with whatever I can come up with right now, lol.

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan?

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.
User avatar

deadmoon9285
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:33 pm
Location: Fontana, CA
First name: Jessica
Age: 22
Gender:
Twitter: @BloodofDeadmoon

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Postby Iam The Ghost on Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:34 am

It just came to my mind: Deryck, were there anytime when you go to a festival as an individual and not as a performer? You know, when just hang out with friends, see some concerts and maybe sleep in a tent? :)
Image
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Hungary
Age: 29
Gender:
Twitter: Hungarian Skumfuk

Postby johann on Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:30 pm

I follow you long years, unfortunately you canceled their tour of South America and was one of the saddest days , luckily you are already much better and eager to make a new cd. That is very good news for all of your fans. there any REAL possibility of coming to Argentina ? thanks for your music and updates you give us your fans
User avatar

johann
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:54 pm
First name: johanna
Age: 27
Gender:
Last.fm Username: johanna
Twitter: @JBrichina

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Postby vadeinpace7 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 pm

to the man who changed my life.
Hello, Deryck The Amazingliest.
i'm your fan, i'm a musician too.
when i listen to ur shit i feel myself like a unicorn.
So Here Is My Question(s):
How did u wrote all that songs?
is that alcohol\drug stuff u take or smth(and what's influence of it)?
what comes first: music or words?
in what time comes the moment when you fully sured u made good song?
do it flows from your soul?
when you grow up as a musician?
are u afraid of a fact u wrote the songs based on artists you know, i mean do u think u can write way better?
I hope u'll understand me despite my shitty english skills.
with best wishes.
vadeinpace7
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:14 pm
First name: Vadim
Age: 19
Gender:

Postby Andros on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:59 am

Deryck a simple question, we will see any studio update in the Sum 41's Youtube channel? Like the last album? I really love those studio updates and see the working process of any album.
Image
User avatar

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
 
Posts: 1112
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:57 pm
Location: Zeta Reticuli
First name: Andros
Age: 32
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano

Re:

Postby Mr. Biz on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:16 am

Andros wrote:Deryck a simple question, we will see any studio update in the Sum 41's Youtube channel? Like the last album? I really love those studio updates and see the working process of any album.




i would love to have someone shoot video all the time. and hopefully we'll be able to post some of the recording process.
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Postby Mr. Biz on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:17 am

Iam The Ghost wrote:It just came to my mind: Deryck, were there anytime when you go to a festival as an individual and not as a performer? You know, when just hang out with friends, see some concerts and maybe sleep in a tent? :)



i don;t think i would ever sleep in a tent. i'm too much of a city person to do that but i do go to a lot of shows through the front door and stand in line and buy my ticket. i do it all the time.
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

Re:

Postby Mr. Biz on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:25 am

deadmoon9285 wrote:Haha, many people have already beat me to the majority of the questions I would have considered asking so I'm just going to go with whatever I can come up with right now, lol.

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan?

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.



my answers in caps

1. I can't remember where I heard this from. This must have been nearly a year ago or so because I don't feel it was recently, but I very vaguely remember you mentioning something about an autobiography, that you were writing one or you were considering writing one, something like that. So I was just wondering about that. Is it currently in the works or is it just a future plan? NOTHING IN THE WORKS RIGHT NOW BUT POSSIBLY IN THE FUTURE. DON'T KNOW WHEN. RIGHT NOW I'M JUST FOCUSING ON GETTING BETTER AND WRITING MUSIC.

2. For your next tour after the new album is out, will you guys continue to do Meet & Greets after your shows? I was one of the lucky fans to have met you during one of them for the DTLI 10th Anniversary tour you guys did in 2013 & it was soooooo much fun! It would be exciting to see that continue. WE MOST LIKELY WILL WHEN WE CAN.

3. What is your other favorite city in the US aside from L.A.? Not for performing, just in general. Quality of life, beauty, things to do, etc. A city that you wouldn't mind leaving L.A. for if you ever want a change of scenery.[/quote] I REALLY LIKE CHICAGO A LOT. PROBABLY BECAUSE IT'S SO SIMILAR TO TORONTO.
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

Postby johann on Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:50 pm

hi derek please dont forget your fans in latinoamerica, we love sum 41! since FOREVER!!!!
I am VERY HAPPY BECAUSE I COULD TATTOO ME SUM 41 IN MY ARM. thanks for the up dates.
User avatar

johann
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:54 pm
First name: johanna
Age: 27
Gender:
Last.fm Username: johanna
Twitter: @JBrichina

Re: DERYCK HERE

Postby PTswim41 on Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:41 am

Hey Deryck!

1. It looks like you, Frank Zummo, and Dan Moyse the ladies choice are in the studio working on drums. Are you starting to record for the new Sum 41 album or just recording some demos for the next album?

2. Do you still have your Maserati? Do you have any other cars as well?
User avatar

PTswim41
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am
First name: Dan
Age: 22
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: simon9318

Postby bizzykill on Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi Deryck ! How are you ?

First of all, I'm happy to see that you get better and you post regular news.
I saw you play 2 times in France and it was the 2 best concerts of my life.
Sum 41 is my favorite band for many years and I have a 41 tattoo on the arm.

I have some questions:

1. After that Robin Williams died, you have publish a picture of you and he. When did you meet him?

2. Lately I've seen videos that you play news riffs. This is Drop C tuning?

3. Are you listened the new Gob album "Apt. 13"? What did you think?

4. And are you listened "Somewhere Between Free Men And Slaves" of Organ Thieves with Dave ?

5. Can we hope to hear "Believe" song of "Screaming Bloody Murder" a day? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSLXLiT6V_E) (At the end of video.)
Or this song? This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)
Or "Food Glorious Food", (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYqsXBwHvlw)

Thank you for everything you do, you are my idol!
I love "Screaming Bloody Murder" and I hope to see you play coming soon!
There's nothing left to say, yeah. Cause you don't want to try. And I don't want the pain...
User avatar

bizzykill
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:30 pm
Location: France
First name: Kilian
Age: 23
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar Telecaster 72

Postby maistoner41 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:02 pm

Bizzy! I forgot to ask you something, do you have an idea about how the new album will be? more like AKNF and all albums or more like SBM? I don't care at all because I love all your discography, but I'm curious.

Lot of kisses for ya and take care!
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Image
User avatar

maistoner41
Newbie
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:51 pm
First name: Maitane
Age: 19
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Re:

Postby Iam The Ghost on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:33 pm

bizzykill wrote:Or this song? This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)

Oh, I love this song piece, wish someday it would come out in full.

maistoner41 wrote:Bizzy! I forgot to ask you something, do you have an idea about how the new album will be? more like AKNF and all albums or more like SBM? I don't care at all because I love all your discography, but I'm curious.

Lot of kisses for ya and take care!

He already answered that, read back.
Image
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Hungary
Age: 29
Gender:
Twitter: Hungarian Skumfuk

Re: DERYCK HERE.

Postby jacobbadillo41 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Deryck Hello, you have thought about that record label make the new album? You will use some part of old songs as you did with the battery in with me and reason to believe?
User avatar

jacobbadillo41
Bunkface
 
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:49 pm
Location: Spain; Malaga
First name: Jacob
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: @sum41_spain
Instrument 1: Guitar

Postby maistoner41 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Oooh sorry, I forgot that he answered that xD
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Image
User avatar

maistoner41
Newbie
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:51 pm
First name: Maitane
Age: 19
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Re:

Postby TomiT14 on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:37 pm

bizzykill wrote:This is "Panic Attack"? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psQ70Jx4RZU)


Correct me if I'm wrong, but Panic Attack was the working title for the song Screaming Bloody Murder, when it was still the demo Tom had written.
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby Jester on Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:11 pm

Hello Deryck,

I love your songs and I think I have inspiration to write mine. I'm 17 so I would write it for myself for now, i'm not member of any band. Can you tell me, are you first write text and later think up the rhythm and melody or you get both at the same time in your head?

If you have some reference about that I'm glad to listen! :)
User avatar

Jester
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:20 pm
First name: Miloš
Age: 16

Postby Sum41_Skumfuks on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:47 am

Hi deryck I run the Sum41_Skumfuks Twitter/Instagram just wanted to thank you for posting my tattoo firstly I appreciate it alot I know you get tagged in alot of things been to shows in London was ment to go to your private gig for sbm in London but was hit by a car few weeks before and the venue didn't advice me going on crutches lol from the videos i can see why I know your proud of your British roots so my question is what's your favourite part of the uk and why? Hope to see you back over here soon
User avatar

Sum41_Skumfuks
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:31 am
First name: Jimmy
Age: 28
Gender:
Twitter: Sum41_Skumfuks

Re:

Postby Mr. Biz on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:53 am

Sum41_Skumfuks wrote:Hi deryck I run the Sum41_Skumfuks Twitter/Instagram just wanted to thank you for posting my tattoo firstly I appreciate it alot I know you get tagged in alot of things been to shows in London was ment to go to your private gig for sbm in London but was hit by a car few weeks before and the venue didn't advice me going on crutches lol from the videos i can see why I know your proud of your British roots so my question is what's your favourite part of the uk and why? Hope to see you back over here soon



hmm. that's a very tough question. i guess the answer is because i was raised by a british family. everything from music to television food and culture was british for me. i feel equally british and canadian in some ways. but also at this point i've spent so much of my life travelling and also living in the states that i haven taken in a bit from lots of different cultures.
User avatar

Mr. Biz
Newbie
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:07 pm
First name: Deryck
Age: 33
Gender:

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron