Interview with Deryck (New)

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
carr

Re: Interview with Deryck (New)

Post by carr »

Mitchell wrote:
carr wrote: Is this accurate?
Yes.

Royalties, sales and airplay don't mean shit these days, bands thrive off live shows and Sum 41 happens to play sold out shows a majority of the time they play shows.
Do you know how much their last album has sold to this day?

From the last information I have the band is currently without a label. What does that mean for the production and distribution of a new album?
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Yeah, even Metallica said they have to be on tour constantly otherwise they won't get enough money for a living. (or something along these lines)
Last edited by Ardi41 on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

Royalties, sales and airplay don't mean shit these days, bands thrive off live shows and Sum 41 happens to play sold out shows a majority of the time they play shows.
Not to mention that they're pretty much a novelty act now. What I mean by that is the majority people are only there to see them out of nostalgia and tend to only want to hear the "hits". It sucks, but Sum 41 knows this and thats why they played ZERO new songs on their opening dates with Billy Talent last year. It's they only way they will survive now.
Ardi41 wrote:Yeah, even Metallica said they have to be on tour constantly otherwise they won't get enough money for a living. (or something along these lines)
That's because they are constantly losing money making shitty albums, retarded movies, asinine festivals ect. If they wrote good songs, recorded them and straight up toured, they ( READ; LARS) wouldn't have anything to complain about -though I'm confident they could find something. Even with all their failed endeavours, they make MILLIONS on the sales and royalties of their old/good stuff.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Frontpaged.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
carr wrote:How much airplay do they have? Royalties? How many records do they sell? Tickets do they move? What kind of venues do they play? What is their average tour revenue? etc.?
This modern rock station in my city plays Sum 41 pretty much every day. The only problem is that it's only Fat Lip or In Too Deep. Sometimes Still Waiting. Heh.
Sounds like 102.1 The Edge that's here in Toronto. They play Sum 41 often but as you said, it's basically Fat Lip, Still Waiting, In Too Deep, PIeces, We're All to Blame. And repeat.

Last month, I did however hear Fat Lip play through the halls of my school that's run by the colleges radio station (101.5 The Hawk, Mohawk College, where Sum 41 have played live before!) Needless to say, I pretty much got a little too excited hearing that.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

carr wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

From the last information I have the band is currently without a label. What does that mean for the production and distribution of a new album?
I think they sold 36.000 copies in the U.S.

As for the label part, they need to sort that out before recording and touring as the label funds those activities.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

Mitchell wrote:As for the label part, they need to sort that out before recording and touring as the label funds those activities.
I don't know about that. Didn't Blink-182 release an album with no help after they got back together? (I could be mistaken on that...)
carr

Post by carr »

Mitchell wrote:
carr wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

As for the label part, they need to sort that out before recording and touring as the label funds those activities.
That's more than I expected actually. Not bad.
carr

Post by carr »

sprinks41 wrote:
Mitchell wrote:As for the label part, they need to sort that out before recording and touring as the label funds those activities.
I don't know about that. Didn't Blink-182 release an album with no help after they got back together? (I could be mistaken on that...)
I don't know but I think it depends on if you need to sell physical copies of your album because if you just stayed digital it's a lot easier. Or they could finance that with their own money.
mango12
First name: Marek

Post by mango12 »

Mitchell wrote:
carr wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

Wikipedia says 97.000 copies in US until October 2012. But I'm not sure if it's trustworthy source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screaming_Bloody_Murder
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

mango12 wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
carr wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

Wikipedia says 97.000 copies in US until October 2012. But I'm not sure if it's trustworthy source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screaming_Bloody_Murder
Wikipedia is the most trustworthy source you can come by. I never question it.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
maistoner41
First name: Maitane
Instrument 2: Voice
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: maistoner27

Post by maistoner41 »

FuckT41182 wrote:
mango12 wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
carr wrote:
Mitchell wrote:
Yes.

Wikipedia is the most trustworthy source you can come by. I never question it.

I agree with you, Wikipedia is not reliable. I wouldn't read the information there xD
We won't be bought and sold, just like you!
I'm a walking disaster.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re:

Post by Tyler. »

carr wrote:I wish he would stop with acting out the tired rock star cliche (bottles of Jack).
Isn't that his exact personality? He aint acting