2013 Canadian Dead Silence Tour

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

2013 Canadian Dead Silence Tour

Post by SumGeek »

This Canadian tour is long overdue! Who knew Canada would have The Sums back so soon? This seems like a pretty great early Birthday/Christmas present for me! :glad:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Damn, i would love to be able to go to one of these shows!

I saw this poster already..but uh, wouldn't it make more sense to put SUM 41 in the large print? I mean I like Billy Talent quite a bit (thank you Mitchell) but isn't sum 41 a more well known band?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: 2013 Canadian Dead Silence Tour

Post by SumGeek »

Well, It's called The Dead Silence tour, as it's a tour supporting Billy Talent's latest release, Dead Silence. Sum 41, along with the other bands, are the opening acts. That's how it's usually displayed on tour posters, you know? But yeah, I find The Sums to be more well known. Still interesting that they're playing these big venues. I mean, I know Sum 41 have played them before, not sure about Billy Talent, though. I'm sure they won't end up using the whole place, anyway.

Wish they would make it around to Hamilton, but I'll see what other dates I can make in addition to Toronto! Really wondering what the setlist will be like. I suppose it'll be almost as long as Billy Talent's would be.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

Two dates for Saskatchewan equals a happy me! I will try to make it to both shows!

On a related note, this morning my Dad and I went out hunting and we were listening to a Regina Radio station, 104.9 the wolf fm. We are on the fringes of the coverage zone so was fuzzy half the time while we were listening. imagine my surprise when they announced that Billy Talent and Sum 41 are coming to Moose Jaw! I knew that they were going to announce some kind of concert at 8am, but i had no idea that it was gonna be this!! After they played Viking Death March, Ben and Ian were on the phone and talked for a while. I really didn't hear all that was said because everything was so fuzzy but they talked about how they'd like to play (if asked) the 101st Grey Cup half time next year in Regina even if it turns out to be minus 20 degrees. The host also mentioned how Deryck seems to injure his back every time they come around this way, to which Ben replied "we're gonna take care of that".

EDIT: this is in the Lyrics section?
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

TNS is going to host a presale for this tour. Info soon!
Jeremy Kill
Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Nic wrote:TNS is going to host a presale for this tour. Info soon!
Cool. Coolcoolcool.

Well, all I can say is: I really hope Deryck doesn't hurt his back. The last time they were supposed to play in Edmonton (August 2011), he hurt his back. He went quite a while without any problems so when they ended up canceling it was quite a bummer. I'm tempted to get tickets for both Calgary and Edmonton just to make up for not seeing them ever, but I'm not too keen on a drive to Calgary, albeit in March, which will hopefully be Spring weather by then.
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

Can't wait for this tour! Such a great line-up. If you haven't already done so, check out Hollerado and Indian Handcrafts. Both incredible bands!
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Post by Gutter Dreams »

still no Newfoundland, I would've KILLED to go this though.
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Re:

Post by Jake »

Gutter Dreams wrote:still no Newfoundland, I would've KILLED to go this though.
Welcome to the wilderness.

http://theresnosolution.com/en/tourdates.php will have the pre sale info as soon as we get it ;)
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
Jeremy Kill
Re: Re:

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Jake wrote:

http://theresnosolution.com/en/tourdates.php will have the pre sale info as soon as we get it ;)
Will you have it by Wednesday? That's when the presale for Edmonton goes online, haha. The venue is all standing room though, so it doesn't really matter when I get tickets as long as I get tickets.

I wish I could pull a Nic and just get drunk and party with the band, but chances are I'll have my girlfriend, younger brother and best friend with me at this show. Although we all drink and party pretty well.

This is just semi-drunk Jeremy spurting out thoughts, but it'd be so surreal to meet the band. After all this time, especially. I would probably ditch everyone in my party to hang out with Sum 41. Instagram with Stevo, shots of Jack with Deryck, dancing with Tom and wedgies with Cone!
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
Jake wrote:

Will you have it by Wednesday? That's when the presale for Edmonton goes online, haha. The venue is all standing room though, so it doesn't really matter when I get tickets as long as I get tickets.

I wish I could pull a Nic and just get drunk and party with the band, but chances are I'll have my girlfriend, younger brother and best friend with me at this show. Although we all drink and party pretty well.

This is just semi-drunk Jeremy spurting out thoughts, but it'd be so surreal to meet the band. After all this time, especially. I would probably ditch everyone in my party to hang out with Sum 41. Instagram with Stevo, shots of Jack with Deryck, dancing with Tom and wedgies with Cone!
Tuesday is when we get the details, if I remember correctly.
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

A lot of people on AP.net seem to think that Billy Talent has gained popularity in Canada and is currently the more popular act, and that's the key reason why they're headlining. They are stumped as to why Billy Talent is so big in Canada but so small in the US. Sum 41 is clearly the bigger act globally, and historically in Canada, but maybe Billy Talent is able to put more fans in seats currently?

Either way, these two are among the biggest bands Canada has to offer, and it'll be interesting to see if these two bands can fill up bigger venues.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Re:

Post by Queso Man »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:Damn, i would love to be able to go to one of these shows!

I saw this poster already..but uh, wouldn't it make more sense to put SUM 41 in the large print? I mean I like Billy Talent quite a bit (thank you Mitchell) but isn't sum 41 a more well known band?
I kinda want to go too haha, I don't imagine they'll be coming back here for awhile after this. Pity it starts the week after our spring break. I've been to Canada before, but it's been awhile. Road trip!
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re:

Post by Dylan »

Trainwreck wrote:A lot of people on AP.net seem to think that Billy Talent has gained popularity in Canada and is currently the more popular act, and that's the key reason why they're headlining. They are stumped as to why Billy Talent is so big in Canada but so small in the US. Sum 41 is clearly the bigger act globally, and historically in Canada, but maybe Billy Talent is able to put more fans in seats currently?
Billy Talent's new album just came out in september 2012, and they've got two singles that get great rotation on radio stations.

Screaming Bloody Murder came out March 2011, and this is the second time they've announced dates for western/central Canada. the first time; they cancelled.

who would you make the headliner?

i'm fucking going, but March is too far away for me to predict where im going to be living! Calgary, Moose Jaw/Saskatoon, Toronto are all viable options.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Queso Man wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote:Damn, i would love to be able to go to one of these shows!

I kinda want to go too haha, I don't imagine they'll be coming back here for awhile after this. Pity it starts the week after our spring break. I've been to Canada before, but it's been awhile. Road trip!
i'd love to be able to go. the closest one is the one in Kitchener, Ontario on April 6th (a saturday), its like ~7 hours away. But I don't think I could afford gas and food and a ticket and all that, and my car has quite a few miles on it anyways. :/ we can dream!
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

Got my tickets for the Toronto show.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

TheWatchmaker wrote:
Trainwreck wrote:A lot of people on AP.net seem to think that Billy Talent has gained popularity in Canada and is currently the more popular act, and that's the key reason why they're headlining. They are stumped as to why Billy Talent is so big in Canada but so small in the US. Sum 41 is clearly the bigger act globally, and historically in Canada, but maybe Billy Talent is able to put more fans in seats currently?
Billy Talent's new album just came out in september 2012, and they've got two singles that get great rotation on radio stations.

Screaming Bloody Murder came out March 2011, and this is the second time they've announced dates for western/central Canada. the first time; they cancelled.

who would you make the headliner?
why would you even discuss the headliner ? it's the "Dead Silence Tour".