Blood In My Eyes Music Video Is Up!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Re: Blood In My Eyes Music Video Is Up!

Post by Queso Man »

Here's hoping this leads to an actually epic music video for A Dark Road Out Of Hell. Now that would be for the fans.
Jeremy Kill
Blood In My Eyes Music Video Is Up!

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I feel like it would've made for a bigger twist if you didn't know it was Jessica until near the end.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I feel like it would've made for a bigger twist if you didn't know it was Jessica until near the end.
But you didn't? :winkwink:
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I feel like it would've made for a bigger twist if you didn't know it was Jessica until near the end.
I agree. Wouldve been great if after the song, she walked out of the house and went back to her license and picked it up. (where you wouldve seen her name was "Jessica Kill")

But with all honesty, this video kicked ass. The editing was amazing. To me it was more of a "short film" or an "album video" than a music video, It represented the whole theme of the album. I think it makes up for being the only SBM video. (BYDWK doesn't count.)

As mentioned before- Sum 41 treats us VERY well as fans. They ALWAYS go out of their way to release the most quality material to the fans. This video is incredible- and I really don't know what else or less anyone could have liked. The video is clear that the band and director gave 100% into the video. All of you who are complaining about the plot don't understand all the work that went into the video! To me, it was the little things that were so effective- like the "SBM sounds" while Jessica was getting up. The little weird fucked up visual effects....THIS is what SBM is! In the dessert! Blood! Murder! Fucked Up! Twisted! and even slighty Cheesy! It's just an incredible album with a bad ass theme. And the video definitely put a picture to the album- which is all I really wanted this whole time.

Sum 41, in the very unlikely event in which your reading this- I want to personally say Thank You, for ALWAYS releasing quality material and going out of your way to make us fans happy.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I'd say this video is pretty good. It's still awesome.
But i think there is more to it

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

cladam41 wrote:in the very unlikely event in which your reading this
Not unlikely at all.

What I think would have been cool is if Jessica took out Billy's ID at the end and threw it on his body.

Also, what I kind of missed before was the fact that this video really does make up for the non-release of SBM. The video isn't really as much of a BIME video as a video for the whole album. I mean it had parts of 4 Sum 41 songs and 1 Op MD song in it (which I found pretty cool), and it also featured Jessica Kill and the same setting the album is conceptually set in. Look at the album cover, then look at the scene where Jessica is lying cold on the ground. I'm tellin' ya, it was meant to be.

In a way, I'm kinda glad that the SBM video wasn't released, if it meant that triple the efforts went into BIME.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

TomiT14 wrote:
But you didn't? :winkwink:
Haha, and when I found out I was very surprised! :glad:

Actually, I think the concept of this video would've worked great for Screaming Bloody Murder, lyric-wise. I don't know, if I didn't like this video I would still find it hard to completely hate it. I wasn't a big fan of Walking Disaster or the concept of the song (I thought it was cliché), but I enjoyed the video. The robot was a humorous poke at the whole "running away from home" gig.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

only read through the second page

but yeah, not a video for me, just not my kinda thing. Probably won't watch it again.
Guess good for them trying something new? I dunno, still like Pieces the best.

and Jeremy, there is a real Jessica Kill, but that's an actress, not the girl.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:and Jeremy, there is a real Jessica Kill, but that's an actress, not the girl.
Oh, I was asking if the character in the video was supposed to be Jessica. :winkwink: I didn't notice the name on the card at first because of all the blood, haha.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:and Jeremy, there is a real Jessica Kill, but that's an actress, not the girl.
Oh, I was asking if the character in the video was supposed to be Jessica. :winkwink: I didn't notice the name on the card at first because of all the blood, haha.
oh, then ignore my irrelevant post :silly:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fenderrocks wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:
oh, then ignore my irrelevant post :silly:
Haha, no worries. :silly:

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Added download link for the 720p version. 1080p will be uploaded soon. Enjoy.
Thanks Boni! What's the ETA on the 1080p version? I want to be able to show my friends the video via my iPhone or MacBook this weekend!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Just when I thought I couldn't love this band possibly any more than I already do, they release this video. (and yes..I just watched it. I wasn't able to sooner, unfortunately but boy did it kill me to wait 'til now!) It was very well put together - from the transitions to the other SBM song clips used, ect. Honestly, I sat in front of my laptop, just waiting to see what was gonna happen next. So intense! Still cannot believe what I had just watched. Still have the chills I had when I first pressed 'play'. God, can it be November yet?! I mean, videos that are alike to movie trailers don't interest me because I feel it takes away from the song but I have so much love for this. The ending was a little not necessary (but this video is as messed up as it gets! haha.) So anything goes and it definately works for this music video.

Oh, the 'Jessica Kill' thing was clever! Love it when bands do little things like that. If the male character in the video really is Billy Spleen, he creeps me out, so congrats on The Sums for achieving that! haha.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The video reminded me of this actually. Louis CK, the only survivor.
EDIT: Also, I've just been listening to Blood In My Eyes on repeat. I don't know if it's because I see this song in a new light, but it's really the only track I have listened to from Screaming Bloody Murder since Monday.

Also-also, song review!

http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainme ... s/10230295
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

I just got envolved in a huge fight to defend Sum41's honour. Some random guy started saying shit about Sum 41 and how bad they are now that Baksh is gone and stuff like that. He said Sum 41 copy Muse and one of the evidences was BIME. The way Deryck sings some parts and shit.... He said that Sum 41 are commercial like Muse now and I laugh at him. How can he say that? Sum 41 is getting kind of underground, they don't play concerts with 80000 ppl anymore, now they play for their own fans at some clubs with no more than 5000 or 10000 ppl.
well, i stand my ground and i'll keep fighting for what i believe

I guess haters gonna hate
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

HappinessMachine41 wrote:I just got envolved in a huge fight to defend Sum41's honour. Some random guy started saying shit about Sum 41 and how bad they are now that Baksh is gone and stuff like that. He said Sum 41 copy Muse and one of the evidences was BIME. The way Deryck sings some parts and shit.... He said that Sum 41 are commercial like Muse now and I laugh at him. How can he say that? Sum 41 is getting kind of underground, they don't play concerts with 80000 ppl anymore, now they play for their own fans at some clubs with no more than 5000 or 10000 ppl.

the irony is just that some of the fans on this website wants SUM41 to actually be that..
Oh well, KEEP UP THE FIGHT MAN!
Resident SKUMFUK 4 LIFE.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Did this occur in the YouTube comments? If so, I would've just let it be. It wouldn't be worth your time and that comment could've been sloughed off as spam anyway. There will always be people like that and some of them just say it to piss people off.
HappinessMachine41
Bunkface
First name: Joao

Post by HappinessMachine41 »

HugoDisasters wrote:
HappinessMachine41 wrote:I just got envolved in a huge fight to defend Sum41's honour. Some random guy started saying shit about Sum 41 and how bad they are now that Baksh is gone and stuff like that. He said Sum 41 copy Muse and one of the evidences was BIME. The way Deryck sings some parts and shit.... He said that Sum 41 are commercial like Muse now and I laugh at him. How can he say that? Sum 41 is getting kind of underground, they don't play concerts with 80000 ppl anymore, now they play for their own fans at some clubs with no more than 5000 or 10000 ppl.

the irony is just that some of the fans on this website wants SUM41 to actually be that..
Oh well, KEEP UP THE FIGHT MAN!
Resident SKUMFUK 4 LIFE.
well, i guess you're right, some of them want exactly that...
Thanks man! We've gotta fight for what we believe and Sum 41 is worth the fight!
SKUMFUK 4 LIFE!
Jeremy Kill wrote:Did this occur in the YouTube comments? If so, I would've just let it be. It wouldn't be worth your time and that comment could've been sloughed off as spam anyway. There will always be people like that and some of them just say it to piss people off.
no Jeremy, it happened on facebook (!!). That guy is kind of a friend of some of my friends... He's an asshole, he criticizes everything and everyone and he has no right to offend Sum 41 and me, for stand my point and argue with him. I think i've done enough to have some respect and that guy wasn't showing it. He called me dumb and stupid just for being a Sum 41 fan, and a fanboy just like he's little sister for Justin Bieber... There always be assholes around the world, and haters gonna hate!
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 17/02/2011 - Lisboa, Coliseu
Pre-Screaming Bloody Murder World Tour - 19/02/2011 - Oporto, Hard Club

'All that is said has been said'
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Cone wrote:That middle section was fun to make for me.
I guess he's talking about the Skumfuk part. Not sure what his role was making that part though.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

i have no words for this
wtf happened....alcohol?

i miss the sum41 i fell in love with in 08
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

My prediction: He forgot to shave, shower or sleep. I don't think it has much to do with alcohol at all.