Musical March Madness 2012

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Re: Musical March Madness 2012

Post by Dylan »

Gregorovich wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:I hope that Metallica will loose, so it would mean that they have more sensible and definitely more intelligent fans, who don't give a fuck about the madness of corporate pussies
SickofEveryone wrote:SUm 41, Sum 41, Sum 41 Sum 41!!! We can win!
ROFL.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
lisaNL
Chuck
First name: Lisa
Instrument 2: the remote control
Last.fm Username: lisaNL

Post by lisaNL »

SickofEveryone wrote:SUm 41, Sum 41, Sum 41 Sum 41!!! We can win!
-.-
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

If the music video comes out by the time they're still in the running... that'd be great. I imagine they might make it to the semifinals again against My Chemical Romance. But who knows what will happen then....
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Holy shit, just realised the Foos have been taken out by James Durbin. Didn't see that coming.
fuck this signature nonsense
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Gregorovich wrote:Holy shit, just realised the Foos have been taken out by James Durbin. Didn't see that coming.
Wow really? Foos been taken out? Lulz.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Musical March Madness 2012

Post by Jeremy Kill »

This is a competition of who can spend more time on MTV.Com. Bastards.
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

finglemaster wrote:If the music video comes out by the time they're still in the running... that'd be great. I imagine they might make it to the semifinals again against My Chemical Romance. But who knows what will happen then....
If the music video comes out soon the exposure really would help them alot.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I'm blocked from voting for now...:/
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:I hope that Metallica will loose, so it would mean that they have more sensible and definitely more intelligent fans, who don't give a fuck about the madness of corporate pussies
Or it means that Sum 41 has more fans who realize that their favorite band really needs/deserves the exposure.
Well, even if they kept winning the gayness of MTV for one hundred and fifty billion years, they would still be nowhere near the popularity of Metallica ...
And still, what you said is irrational, cause every sensible person, including the head of IR, do realize that this is just a competition to see whose fans have a life, and whose fans don't ... If Sum 41 would, by any means, win this poll against Metallica, it could only mean two things: 1. Sum 41 fans have absolutely no lives and they're willing to spend their days voting on the stupidest television we have on earth while Metallica fans don't give a fuck or 2. A mistake had been made, some error in the counting process had occurred, or something like that
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

that may be the plan. Come out with a Music Video to make a run to win MTV's March Madness :winkwink: :glad:
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
Or it means that Sum 41 has more fans who realize that their favorite band really needs/deserves the exposure.
Well, even if they kept winning the gayness of MTV for one hundred and fifty billion years, they would still be nowhere near the popularity of Metallica ...
And still, what you said is irrational, cause every sensible person, including the head of IR, do realize that this is just a competition to see whose fans have a life, and whose fans don't ... If Sum 41 would, by any means, win this poll against Metallica, it could only mean two things: 1. Sum 41 fans have absolutely no lives and they're willing to spend their days voting on the stupidest television we have on earth while Metallica fans don't give a fuck or 2. A mistake had been made, some error in the counting process had occurred, or something like that
so what?

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote: If Sum 41 would, by any means, win this poll against Metallica, it could only mean two things: 1. Sum 41 fans have absolutely no lives and they're willing to spend their days voting on the stupidest television we have on earth while Metallica fans don't give a fuck

Lol wut? this pole does not prove anything. Go to the Facebook Page of Metallica they are doing the same thing. By no means does this prove who have lives and who does not
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

This round is going to be a tough one. I voted my ass off to get the cooling period. In that time we DROPPED more than a percent.

So vote vote vote every day many times!
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

VOTE PEOPLE!
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

FuckT41182 wrote:
blackhawk1105 wrote:

yeah, owning a computer and voting for your favorite band means you have no life?
So all the basketball fans of March Madness here who create prediction brackets and watch the games have no lives?

Generalizations are the best.

if you are reading this go vote until you are timed out! they are ahead by .03
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Right on bro! :2cool4u: ^^
crical
First name: Alex

Post by crical »

Yes, just increased 0.1%! In my opinion though, a voting period of a whole week is way too long
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Does anyone think it would be possible that this website would be lagging from all the voting going on and that might be why the results get all wonky from time to time? Say you've been voting for an hour or however long it takes for you to reach "cool down" time and you check the results and it only raises 0.1%. That's not a whole lot, but then you check again later on and it raises say 10% since then. I haven't been following this at all, but going by what people have been posting, maybe that's what could be happening? Then again this is 2012, so I don't know. Whatevs.
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

voting is for old people. dude.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

When I saw that Sum 41 won by more than 10% I was happy. Looks like they're up against Metaliica now, I'll start voting.....now! :razz:

EDIT:
So my second vote must've been an important one cause after my first vote the score was 50.99-49.01 and now it's 51.07-48.93. You're welcome guys :razz: