Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby SBMurder on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:01 pm

I had a different answer in mind for that question
User avatar

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Whitby,Ontario,Canada
First name: Jeff
Age: 18
Gender:

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Resident Skumfuk on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:23 pm

Druska wrote:I know you won't probably agree with me, but the sums doing acoustic more intimate shows would be awesome

proof

video


i would really enjoy this as well. I could see the band doing something like this if they could only convince Deryck.
Image
User avatar

Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler
 
Posts: 1571
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 pm
Location: US
Age: 19
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:09 pm

SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby SBMurder on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks
User avatar

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Whitby,Ontario,Canada
First name: Jeff
Age: 18
Gender:

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:48 am

SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks

Exactly, just as your opinion is just an opinion, and it is wrong, but nobody's taking it away from you ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby SickofEveryone on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:35 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks

Exactly, just as your opinion is just an opinion, and it is wrong, but nobody's taking it away from you ...


I preferred it when you were banned. :hehe: :silly:
Image
SickofEveryone
Chuck
 
Posts: 2224
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:02 pm
Location: USA
First name: Al
Age: 17
Gender:
n00b: Myself
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Ferdehh41 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Image
Image
User avatar

Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:26 pm
Location: Holland
First name: Ferdi
Age: 23
Gender:
PSN ID: ferdehh182

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Heather on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:43 pm

^^haha, cool, which band is that wearing the shirt?
Image
User avatar

Heather
Moderator
 
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: South Carolina
First name: Heather
Age: 26
Gender:
Instrument 1: vocals
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Ardi41 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:52 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks

Exactly, just as your opinion is just an opinion, and it is wrong, but nobody's taking it away from you ...

well .. there is no right or wrong .. it's just a matter of taste tbh ;)
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks

Exactly, just as your opinion is just an opinion, and it is wrong, but nobody's taking it away from you ...

well .. there is no right or wrong .. it's just a matter of taste tbh ;)

yes, but there are such things as criterias, logic, rationality, and they all have nothing to do with opinions ... The old bands have shown the world what it means to give the audience a real rock n roll show, Sum 41 are doing it good, but The Hives are doing it better ... Sum 41 play for too short a time and they don't have as much energy as The Hives, plus the frontman of The Hives has more original lines, Deryck mostly takes them from some old frontmans ...

If everything was based on opinions, than we wouldn't have to use the word quality ... Don't take me wrong, two years ago I would feel that I have the right to kick your ass if you have spoken in front of me that Sum 41 are not the best band in the world, but it was just fucking stupid, I even hated bands like SOAD or RATM for being more famous and going stronger than Sum 41, and now I just know why the bands are running so strong, now I see why they're more famous than Sum 41 ... Still, that doesn't change my opinion about Sum 41, and even though I listen to them just once upon a time, I still like them
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby SBMurder on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:I had a different answer in mind for that question

well, I don't quite give a fuck, as I wasn't talking about opinions at all, because any fucking 10 year old kid could tell you that Justin Bieber is better than Led Zeppelin or Bob Dylan or Sum 41, but he wouldn't be right, would he?


Well there is no wrong opinion out there. But opinions dont equal facts so it wouldnt matter what he thinks

Exactly, just as your opinion is just an opinion, and it is wrong, but nobody's taking it away from you ...


How can someone have a wrong opinion? They chose what they want to think you cant change that. Saying someone has a wrong opinion is also your opinion so again it wont make a difference
User avatar

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Whitby,Ontario,Canada
First name: Jeff
Age: 18
Gender:

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Boni on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 pm

fenderrocks wrote:^^haha, cool, which band is that wearing the shirt?

That would be Sean Smith from The Blackout. Huge Sum 41 himself.
User avatar

Boni
Administrator
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Scotland
First name: Christopher
Age: 28
Gender:
PSN ID: BoniBoyBlue
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Heather on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:32 pm

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
fenderrocks wrote:^^haha, cool, which band is that wearing the shirt?

That would be Sean Smith from The Blackout. Huge Sum 41 himself.


Thanks!

ah, the band that replaced them on the tour..haha
Image
User avatar

Heather
Moderator
 
Posts: 3071
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: South Carolina
First name: Heather
Age: 26
Gender:
Instrument 1: vocals
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Tyler. on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:12 pm

.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:
Last edited by Tyler. on Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar

Tyler.
Chuck
 
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: Australia
First name: Tyler
Age: 22
Gender:
n00b: Gutter Dreams
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:

I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Ardi41 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:55 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:

I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids

well if i personally would prefer to go to a sum 41 concert than to a the hives concert , then that is my own choice .. i wouldnt care if some people would say that the hives are better live .. if i like sum 41 live more than the hives live , then where the hell is the bloody problem ?
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:

I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids

well if i personally would prefer to go to a sum 41 concert than to a the hives concert , then that is my own choice .. i wouldnt care if some people would say that the hives are better live .. if i like sum 41 live more than the hives live , then where the hell is the bloody problem ?

there is no problem at all, there has never been one, I like to see Sum 41 live just as you do, but there is a way to determine if one product is of a higher quality than the other one, and that's all I've been saying,but everybody is fucking missing the fucking point trying to protect their fucking opinions as if I was trtying to insult them ...

As I said before, many people believe that Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon could've ever been in his life, yet we still can say that JB is ten thousand miles behind John Lennon as a musician, I mean, he's not even a musician at all ... And this is all I've been trying to say, it's paradoxical, cause as people here say, one's opinion can't be wrong and I totally agree with that, BUT, at the same time one's opinion MUST be wrong, cause Justin Bieber shouldn't even be compared to John Lennon ...

I really don't know how to explain it as I don't understand how people cannot get it after all the examples I've put in ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Mitchell on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:32 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:

I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids

well if i personally would prefer to go to a sum 41 concert than to a the hives concert , then that is my own choice .. i wouldnt care if some people would say that the hives are better live .. if i like sum 41 live more than the hives live , then where the hell is the bloody problem ?

there is no problem at all, there has never been one, I like to see Sum 41 live just as you do, but there is a way to determine if one product is of a higher quality than the other one, and that's all I've been saying,but everybody is fucking missing the fucking point trying to protect their fucking opinions as if I was trtying to insult them ...

As I said before, many people believe that Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon could've ever been in his life, yet we still can say that JB is ten thousand miles behind John Lennon as a musician, I mean, he's not even a musician at all ... And this is all I've been trying to say, it's paradoxical, cause as people here say, one's opinion can't be wrong and I totally agree with that, BUT, at the same time one's opinion MUST be wrong, cause Justin Bieber shouldn't even be compared to John Lennon ...

I really don't know how to explain it as I don't understand how people cannot get it after all the examples I've put in ...


What defines a good musician?
User avatar

Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
 
Posts: 4964
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The Netherlands
First name: Mitchell
Age: 24
Gender:
n00b: MetalMilitant41
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby Ardi41 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:39 pm

FuckT41182 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:.
FuckT41182 wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
stevo32 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, I hope he gets well soon, but I think I actually would prefer hearing Sum 41 with Deryck sitting on a stool, cause with the energy he talks about they only manage to last like 50 minutes, and they're still nowhere near the amount of energy that The Hives or System Of A Down or Rage Against The Machine or many other bands can show ...

Sum 41 live is pure energy, there's no discussion on this point.

oh yes there is, there just is, and I also offered the examples ... I've seen The Hives live last year and they rocked more than Sum 41, longer, more energy and the show as a whole was more interesting ... and they weren't even headlining the festival ... I have also been present at a festival in my country where Sum 41 were the HEADLINERS of the day number two and they still only played for like 50 minutes

Sum 41 are good live, but not by far the best


Wouldnt it all be opinions on who is better?

No.


:suicide:

I feel kind of sorry for you guys that you can't understand what I'm trying to say ... Do you want to convince me that you can't compare 2 things without involving your opinions ?
As I said before, opinion is not the truth, it's just somebody's opinion and many times people change their opinions every day like Avril Lavigne or teenage kids

well if i personally would prefer to go to a sum 41 concert than to a the hives concert , then that is my own choice .. i wouldnt care if some people would say that the hives are better live .. if i like sum 41 live more than the hives live , then where the hell is the bloody problem ?

there is no problem at all, there has never been one, I like to see Sum 41 live just as you do, but there is a way to determine if one product is of a higher quality than the other one, and that's all I've been saying,but everybody is fucking missing the fucking point trying to protect their fucking opinions as if I was trtying to insult them ...

As I said before, many people believe that Justin Bieber is better than John Lennon could've ever been in his life, yet we still can say that JB is ten thousand miles behind John Lennon as a musician, I mean, he's not even a musician at all ... And this is all I've been trying to say, it's paradoxical, cause as people here say, one's opinion can't be wrong and I totally agree with that, BUT, at the same time one's opinion MUST be wrong, cause Justin Bieber shouldn't even be compared to John Lennon ...

I really don't know how to explain it as I don't understand how people cannot get it after all the examples I've put in ...

you're right ... i get your point ;) .. you're tryin to say that it is a fact that some things are better than others wich is obviously absolutely true ... just like when you compare two kind of guitars ( i know it's a stupid example but i dont really care) and the fitst one is in fact better than the other one .. but then again it depends on who prefers wich guitar .. it may be a fact that the first one is better .. but if i think the second one is better it is better ... for me ;) .. so i think it is a stupid thing to say that the hives are a lot better live ( even tough it may be true) it still depends on what you are looking for ..
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Deryck's Interview with Kerrang!

Postby FuckT41182 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:45 pm

blackhawk1105 wrote:What defines a good musician?

Many things, originality, technicality, the ability to make people feel something, the ability to get them on the streets and kick asses to a few politicians ... There are guitar solos that even good guitarists have problems to play, especially live before crowds, but there are solos that can be easily played by a 10 year old kid after 1 hour of trying

Also writing their own music counts to me, many things can be considered, but I don't quite understand how that's relevant as we were talking about live shows, or are you implying that it can't be said without any doubt that John Lennon is better musician than Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus ?

Ardi41 wrote:you're right ... i get your point ;) .. you're tryin to say that it is a fact that some things are better than others wich is obviously absolutely true ... just like when you compare two kind of guitars ( i know it's a stupid example but i dont really care) and the fitst one is in fact better than the other one .. but then again it depends on who prefers wich guitar .. it may be a fact that the first one is better .. but if i think the second one is better it is better ... for me ;) .. so i think it is a stupid thing to say that the hives are a lot better live ( even tough it may be true) it still depends on what you are looking for ..

yeah, that's the whole thing, I'm not trying to take anybody's opinions away, I totally respect them and pretty much am not very interested in opinions, it's like with movies, there is a movie with great quality, cinematic value and almost no mistakes(like Schichinin No Samurai), and yet still somebody can say that Breaking Dawn is a much better movie than that one, even though each and every director in the movie business would disagree, including the director of Twilight ... And in a way, the opinion of the Twilight fan is right because it is what she/he honestly believes at that very moment and probably will keep the opinion for some time, maybe forever, but you can't possibly say that Twilight is better than Shawshank Redemption or The Godfather I ...
Last edited by FuckT41182 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
Image
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
User avatar

FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
 
Posts: 5234
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 pm
Location: Slovakia
First name: Jacob(Jism)
Age: 20
Gender:
n00b: my dick

PreviousNext

Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron