Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Check here for all of the latest Sum 41 (related) news!

Moderator: News Posters

Forum rules
While we welcome the re-posting of news items, we ask that all original items are credited & linked back to us.

Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby TomiT14 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm

I'm sure you've heard about this 7-year-old kid, who has covered a lot of rock songs since he turned 4. I've been very impressed how good he is for his age. Today he (or his dad to be exact) posted a new cover, In Too Deep by our very own Sums. He has also covered some other Sum-songs earlier.

I mean, check that Fat Lip cover. Wow!



Previous Sum 41 covers:
Screaming Bloody Murder
Over My Head (Better Off Dead)
Fat Lip
Last edited by Boni on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited formatting and moved to News section.
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby Boni on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:44 pm

Very impressive for a little kid. Moved to News Section.
User avatar

Boni
Administrator
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Scotland
First name: Christopher
Age: 28
Gender:
PSN ID: BoniBoyBlue
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby Nic on Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:49 pm

The kid has swag. :silly:
Image
User avatar

Nic
Administrator
 
Posts: 4451
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:16 pm
Location: Illinois
First name: Nic
Age: 26
Gender:
Twitter: nicbavetta

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby Jeremy Kill on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:04 pm

This kid is going to grow up to have a pretty sweet life.
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby TomiT14 on Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Jeremy Kill wrote:This kid is going to grow up to have a pretty sweet life.


Yeah, he has already "worked" as Travis Barker's drum tech in one of blink-182's shows. :silly:
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby HugoDisasters on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:35 pm

Holy shit he's good for his age!

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:40 pm

speaking of young drummers.....this little dude is the shit! :2cool4u:
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby dbauer91 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:59 pm

i hate everything about these videos. the parents are straight up exploiting the kid. and i know you're all gonna be like, "oh yea, getting him famous and supporting his passion is sooo bad parenting" or whatever sarcastically, but what they're doing is seriously not right. there's no way that at age 3 or 4 or whenever he started these vids that the kid had developed a legitimate passion for drumming, and even if he took an interest in it, i'd be fine w/ the parents buying him a starter kit at like age 11 or 12. but the fact that he has a legit custom-decorated professional kit, pro recording equipment, a youtube account, a website, and merchandise is in no way on this 7-year-old's shoulders. parents who exploit their kids disgust me.
User avatar

dbauer91
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:52 am
Age: 20
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: drums
Instrument 3: keyboard

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby MetalMilitant41 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:32 pm

^^ I agree, however he is good. And 6/7 is too young in my mind as well, he shouldn't have been showed to the world now, as he's still not perfect timing wise a lot of the time. He should have been nurtured and let to decide what he wanted to do. IT'S HIS TALENT NOT THE PARENTS. On the subject of drummers, a friend of mine will be playing at the London Olympic Ceremony, and even he wasn't pressured by his parents at this age. It's like a Michael Jackson story but for a little drummer.
Image

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
User avatar

MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:16 am
Location: Jersey, UK
First name: Ed
Age: 27
Gender:
AKA: Thanksformuffins41/MetalMilition41
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby TomiT14 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:48 pm

dbauer91 wrote:i hate everything about these videos. the parents are straight up exploiting the kid. and i know you're all gonna be like, "oh yea, getting him famous and supporting his passion is sooo bad parenting" or whatever sarcastically, but what they're doing is seriously not right. there's no way that at age 3 or 4 or whenever he started these vids that the kid had developed a legitimate passion for drumming, and even if he took an interest in it, i'd be fine w/ the parents buying him a starter kit at like age 11 or 12. but the fact that he has a legit custom-decorated professional kit, pro recording equipment, a youtube account, a website, and merchandise is in no way on this 7-year-old's shoulders. parents who exploit their kids disgust me.


Valid point, but someone already posted a post like this on one of his YouTube videos. The dad answered and explained that everything is done by Jonah's will. Jonah always came to his dad saying "Video time!" when he wanted to practice a new song. His early videos got so many hits that drum gear companies got interested and started to sponsor him. That's why he has so high quality gear.
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby Finsk on Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:42 am

TomiT14 wrote:
dbauer91 wrote:i hate everything about these videos. the parents are straight up exploiting the kid. and i know you're all gonna be like, "oh yea, getting him famous and supporting his passion is sooo bad parenting" or whatever sarcastically, but what they're doing is seriously not right. there's no way that at age 3 or 4 or whenever he started these vids that the kid had developed a legitimate passion for drumming, and even if he took an interest in it, i'd be fine w/ the parents buying him a starter kit at like age 11 or 12. but the fact that he has a legit custom-decorated professional kit, pro recording equipment, a youtube account, a website, and merchandise is in no way on this 7-year-old's shoulders. parents who exploit their kids disgust me.


Valid point, but someone already posted a post like this on one of his YouTube videos. The dad answered and explained that everything is done by Jonah's will. Jonah always came to his dad saying "Video time!" when he wanted to practice a new song. His early videos got so many hits that drum gear companies got interested and started to sponsor him. That's why he has so high quality gear.


God that kid has some passion for music.
Image
Finsk
Newbie
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:03 pm
First name: Finsk
Age: 14
Gender:
Instrument 1: Base
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby TomiT14 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:55 pm

A year later, now 8-year-old Jonah strikes back with another Sum 41 song!

User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby HugoDisasters on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:45 pm

That cover was sick!
Cool to see that kid again :p

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2976
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Postby Jeremy Kill on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:56 am

Oh shit, Stevo, you could get replaced!
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Postby gejmik on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 pm

LOL under SBM cover
Tap Tap DecimalTappers
@JonahRocksOfficial did sum 41 see this and meet ya?

JonahRocksOfficial
They have seen it.Have not met Jonah yet. Soon.


I seriously hate that word.
User avatar

gejmik
Chuck
 
Posts: 2088
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:12 pm
Location: Czech Republic
First name: Tomas
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: GameEsCZ
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Postby Tyler. on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Man the drums sound so bad lol, but he's improving all the time!
Image
User avatar

Tyler.
Chuck
 
Posts: 2080
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:01 pm
Location: Australia
First name: Tyler
Age: 22
Gender:
n00b: Gutter Dreams
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby TomiT14 on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:22 pm

It's been WAAAAAY too long since his last Sum-song, but damn!

User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4244
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 30
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby Jeremy Kill on Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:08 am

I feel like I was wondering when he would cover this song in the back of my mind, haha.
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: Jonah Rocks' Sum 41 Covers

Postby PTswim41 on Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:02 pm

maybe he should practice staying on beat instead of trying to twirl his sticks the entire song.


I'm sorry I'm sorry I had to say it :silly: :silly:
User avatar

PTswim41
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 am
First name: Dan
Age: 22
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: simon9318


Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests