Q&A with Todd Morse

Dr. Rocco and Dr. Dynamite: Cone's side project.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Q&A with Todd Morse

Post by TomiT14 »

I got the chance to chat with Todd Morse before his show with The Offspring in Finland on Saturday.

These aren't his exact words, since I didn't write his answers down. So these are based on my memory, haha.

Q: This is your third show of the tour, right? How did the first ones go?
A: Well, we were a bit jetlagged from all the travelling. We haven't really had a chance to sleep, and we got here at 6am as well. But luckily we have a day off tomorrow.

Q: How did you end up joining The Offspring?
A: 6 years ago, we were having a show in LA area with Juliette And The Licks, and one of representatives from The Offspring was at the show. The band needed a guitar player, so I got auditioned.

Q: What are your favorite Offspring songs to play live?
A: I really like to play the pop stuff, since I've been playing Punk Rock for so long. Songs like Hit That and Want You Bad.

Q: Do you have any input on the setlist?
A: *Shows the hand sign* ZERO! Haha! I'm just there to play and I enjoy it. I get to have more control with my other projects.

Q: What about the records? Have you recorded any stuff on Offspring albums?
A: I sang backing vocals on Days Go By.

Q: About your other projects, Juliette And The Licks just made a comeback show. Can we expect a tour or an album coming up?
A: Yes, both. We will start touring and I'm writing new songs as we speak.

Q: Operation M.D. is releasing a new song. Can you tell me more about it?
A: It's kind of a slow song, it has some piano and no drums. You'll get to hear it soon. We both worked on the song structure, while Cone wrote the lyrics.

Q: Will we get another OpMD album any time soon?
A: Every time we plan on doing one, Sum 41 gets back together, haha! Maybe one day.

Q: How about touring? Will we get to see OpMD on tour at some point?
A: Probably no. It's quite hard to get it to be profitable. Maybe as a supporting act for another band's tour, we'll see.

Q: What about your other project, Toddsplanet? Ever planning to go on tour?
A: So far we've only played in LA area and Las Vegas. It would be difficult to get all 10 members on tour, haha! Maybe one day, we'll see. So far Toddsplanet hasn't been very profitable yet, so I'll keep doing The Offspring so I can raise my family. But Toddsplanet is something I'd like to be remembered from. That project will never die, and I hope I'll get to make it bigger at some point.

Q: When on tour, and doing festivals like this one, do you like to see other bands or just hang out backstage?
A: I like to see bands that I know. Sometimes I'd like to see a new band every once in a while, like this one (A Finnish band called Haloo Helsinki! currently playing).

Q: How about days off? Do you go sightseeing or just chill out nearby?
A: I used to do sightseeing, but now that we've been visiting same cities often, I don't feel like seeing the same things again.

Q: How has becoming a father changed your tour life? Do you still have same routines?
A: I definitely party a lot less. Other than that, I just try to stay healthy.

---

So that's about it! At least the most I can remember anyway. Hope you liked it! :silly:
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Why was he in the background at the APMA concert? He should've been up front like Dave.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Why was he in the background at the APMA concert? He should've been up front like Dave.
Never felt like answering this, since this question had nothing to do with Todd.

And since no one cared the last time I had an interview with him, I didn't have one this time when I met him. But one thing to get excited about (if you can get excited about OpMD) is that there's a new video in the works for their upcoming single Little Miss Takes. Todd and Cone filmed it themselves, and it looks cool! :2cool4u:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: Q&A with Todd Morse

Post by Stef »

OpMD is dope

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.