Live Chat with Cone

Dr. Rocco and Dr. Dynamite: Cone's side project.

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Live Chat with Cone

Post by Heather »

Hey all, I know a lot of you hate my site, but I thought I'd share this anyways. Cone was going to do a Q&A with us but decided he'd enjoy a Live Chat more. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO JOIN MY SITE TO CHAT!

so...............

FC will be hosting a LIVE CHAT with Sum41's Cone McCaslin Thursday January 7th at 12pm Easter Standard Time

Please use the Time Zone Converter to insure you get the correct time for your area

So here is the run down....

Step 1 - Registration
- The first 47 people to send us an email at [email protected] will be invited to attend the chat with Cone.
- Include your real first name and registration screen name (the name you will sign into the chat with)
- An email invite will then be sent to you (we will announce when these have been sent)

Step 2 - Log In
- Once registration is over, check THIS THREAD showing the log in process and rules. We would also like you to confirm your attendance at this time as well, by making a post.

Step 3 - Chat
- Please follow the rules posted in the log in thread (linked above). We will have topic questions to guide the conversation and we ask that you keep to the current topic. If there is time left, we will allow a free chat for you to ask about other topics.

**The best way to stay up-to-date on thread postings is to follow our twitter, its not an obligation you can always quit following us after the chat..lol

http://twitter.com/ASEandFC

**Also if you have any questions or comments please leave a message in this thread.

Thanks
Heather and Tsuua
FC Directors
Last edited by Heather on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Re: Live Chat with Cone

Post by samueeL »

I just have to say, that it's so awesome that there are still people who organizes these kind of things.
I <3 FC

Hopefully now there is gonna be more people than in Dave chat :( So c'moon people, register and remember to join the chat!
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

Is telling Cone he needs a hair cut, and stop wearing Pete Wentz hats against the rule, dear Heather?

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

Heather you're the best! Keep organizing these cool stuff!! The chat with Dave was awesome and I'm sure the one with Cone will be awesome as well. You're so devoted to this and doing such an amazing job, I won't be surprised if Steve and Deryck are next :P
Heather

Post by Heather »

@samueeL - thanks! so glad you enjoy the chats. I too hope more come to the chat. This started as a OpMd Q&A like 2 months ago and turned into a chat. Cone was a little busy with pre pro and such so the replies were somewhat slow and now registration is kinda rushed. But they start recording on the 11th so, we had to fit it in.

@ Madjid - hopefully thats just a joke....I don't really want negativity in the chat, but if you word it in a sincere question...maybe....we do moderate the chat and I'd hate to kick ya out..lol

@Hentaiman - thanks, Its awesome to hear that you guys really enjoy these. I was inspired by the chat with Bizzy on AP and knew I wanted to do something like that. I really support the guys and just try to give everyone an opportunity to connect. Dave really had a blast. Tom is coming up after Cones, working on the details now.
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

^
Cool! Yeah, I figured Tom would be the next one, and I bet you could get Steve to do such a chat sometime soon. I'm skeptical about Deryck, but if there's someone who can bring Deryck to such an open live chat (which is better than the AP one) its you! :D
I bet it'll take time until the Tom chat, right? I mean with the recording and all in January.
Heather

Post by Heather »

haha, yeah a Deryck one might be in the future, its up to him. He was a great sport about the Q&A. And he has helped with a few things since then.

Um yeah, Tom's will either be in Feb or March depending on his schedule. Trying to get it in after recording and before tour..lol I think GOB is recording in Jan/Feb as well. We're also doing one with Deryck's good friend guitarist Devin Bronson. But in all actuality the only one really "planned" is Cone's as this point.
Gibsum 41
Underclass Hero
AKA: Gib
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by Gibsum 41 »

Bummer, I won't be able to attend this chat but could someone asks some information on the Operation MD. I'm really interested in hearing about them.

@Heather, will you post the chat here in TNS like you did with Dave's?

NoReason27 is my mastah.
Kano and Still Waiting are my official n00bs. Mess with them and before you know it you'll be working in Nickelodeon :twisted:
J-pan, xmarryxx and conspiracyof1000 are my grandn00bs and T. is my brothah
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

You should just conduct this through your favorite site, TheresNoSolution.com. :) It would get more hits for us.
Nic
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Nic

Post by Nic »

Hentaiman wrote:Heather you're the best! Keep organizing these cool stuff!! The chat with Dave was awesome and I'm sure the one with Cone will be awesome as well. You're so devoted to this and doing such an amazing job, I won't be surprised if Steve and Deryck are next :P
We have an interview with Deryck lined up. We organized all the questions and they are ready to be sent.
Heather

Post by Heather »

Gibsum 41 wrote:Bummer, I won't be able to attend this chat but could someone asks some information on the Operation MD. I'm really interested in hearing about them.

@Heather, will you post the chat here in TNS like you did with Dave's?
yep will do. Shoot me the Qs and I'll try to add them. I really haven't had time to get any questions lined up yet.

@Nic, if I'm imposing on TNS in anyway please lmk, I really don't want to take anything away from you guys, I'm just trying to get the community closer, which is why we just host the chat, its a Cone chat open for anyone.
Madjid

Post by Madjid »

fenderrocks wrote: @ Madjid - hopefully thats just a joke....I don't really want negativity in the chat, but if you word it in a sincere question...maybe....we do moderate the chat and I'd hate to kick ya out..lol
Hahaha, i think you and i should talk more, i see that you completely forgot that i'm never serious :hehe:
Anyways, i also won't be attending the chat, but i hope it goes great, i really enjoyed Dave's.
I think you guys shouldn't ask him about that b-side thing, he seemed to be bothered about it a lot in the Q&A.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upload ... nwomen.jpg[/imgwidth]

OWNED
Heather

Post by Heather »

^^ haha, yeah I figured it was a joke, just thought I should throw in the "rule" part..lol

yeah I probably won't address the b-side thing. Its mostly for OpMd, and a few Sum41 pre pro questions
Bizzy-C92
Bunkface
First name: Chris
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Bizzy-C92 »

hey =)

for everybody, who can't be part of the chat, will you copy the most interesting questions and answers and post them a TNS, that would be fucking great of you =)
We're all going to hell....!!!!
....Cross my heart and hope to die

Heather

Post by Heather »

Bizzy-C92 wrote:hey =)

for everybody, who can't be part of the chat, will you copy the most interesting questions and answers and post them a TNS, that would be fucking great of you =)
Yep, we will be posting a recap probably the same day of the chat.
Jake-41
Underclass Hero
First name: Jake!

Post by Jake-41 »

Can i send you my info in a PM?
Heather

Post by Heather »

Jake-41 wrote:Can i send you my info in a PM?
yep, no prob
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk

Post by Hentaiman »

Yeah, I wanna hear some new OpMD info. Like, where is the new album? they finished mastering it around August and we don't even have a release date. Its been almost 3 years since the first, considering the first date for it was early 2009, then summer 2009.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

I'll be in school :balling:
Heather

Post by Heather »

@sumfan4 bummer, I was trying to get it in before everyone went back to school, but I guess the schedules are all different. I don't go back till mid Jan. I couldn't do it sooner b/c of the holidays and he leaves for LA on the 9th so we couldn't have it on that weekend
Hentaiman wrote:Yeah, I wanna hear some new OpMD info. Like, where is the new album? they finished mastering it around August and we don't even have a release date. Its been almost 3 years since the first, considering the first date for it was early 2009, then summer 2009.
haha yeah, The Q&A we were going to do first is basically just OpMd so I'll ask those and a few sum questions

lmk if these are good

Operation MD Questions
How did you come up with the name Operation MD and Dr. Dynamite?

What was the inspiration behind the making of this album?

Musically how does this album differ from We Have An Emergency?

Are the lyrics co-written, or do you and Todd take turns writing individual songs?

What studio was this album recorded in?

How is it different singing lead, when you're use to singing backup for Sum41?

What ideas do you have for the first music video? Will Steve be directing again?

We Have An Emergency featured drums by Matt Brann, did you guys work together on this album?

What are your touring plans for this album?