Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

it's a conspiracy o.0
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: The Deryck Thread.

Post by SumGeek »

Apparently, from what I've read on Twitter, the band has cancelled tonights show that was supposed to take place in Quebec City, as Deryck has injured his back again.

:holyshit:

What was starting off as a good year, isn't going so well now! Poor D. Sending him virtual hugs.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:Apparently, from what I've read on Twitter, the band has cancelled tonights show that was supposed to take place in Quebec City, as Deryck has injured his back again.
Fuck.
Cone wrote:Its unfortunate that sometimes great nights end with bad news................

EDIT: And now it's official. :sosad:
Billy Talent wrote:We are saddened to pass on the news that Deryck Whibley is struggling once again with his recurring back problems and so SUM 41 has made the tough decision of having to leave the Canadian Tour for the remaining shows. Those shows include Quebec City, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton and Halifax.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

SumGeek wrote:Apparently, from what I've read on Twitter, the band has cancelled tonights show that was supposed to take place in Quebec City, as Deryck has injured his back again.

:holyshit:

What was starting off as a good year, isn't going so well now! Poor D. Sending him virtual hugs.
Dammit. How does this keep happening? I suppose with the relentless touring and so little time off it's not unlikely. Maybe settling down to do some studio recording for a few months/few years will give his back the rest it needs. I think he's really got to do something about it before it becomes a permanent problem.
fuck this signature nonsense
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

This is an official statement from Billy Talent's Facebook page:
We are saddened to pass on the news that Deryck Whibley is struggling once again with his recurring back problems and so SUM 41 has made the tough decision of having to leave the Canadian Tour for the remaining shows. Those shows include Quebec City, Ottawa, Montreal, Moncton and Halifax.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Gregorovich wrote:Dammit. How does this keep happening? I suppose with the relentless touring and so little time off it's not unlikely. Maybe settling down to do some studio recording for a few months/few years will give his back the rest it needs. I think he's really got to do something about it before it becomes a permanent problem.
Well, I think Deryck has said it'll always be a problem for him, unfortunately! I think he was doing some Pilates? to help with the injury, but I guess you can only do so much. The guy's a trooper, though. He's played through shows despite him being told not to. It's just another bump in the road for him. It sucks because being on stage is his favorite place to be, but, maybe some downtime and rest is as you said, long overdue by this point. After all, they've been touring pratically non-stop lately, especially this end of 2012-beginning 2013.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

SumGeek wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:Dammit. How does this keep happening? I suppose with the relentless touring and so little time off it's not unlikely. Maybe settling down to do some studio recording for a few months/few years will give his back the rest it needs. I think he's really got to do something about it before it becomes a permanent problem.
Well, I think Deryck has said it'll always be a problem for him, unfortunately! I think he was doing some Pilates? to help with the injury, but I guess you can only do so much. The guy's a trooper, though. He's played through shows despite him being told not to. It's just another bump in the road for him. It sucks because being on stage is his favorite place to be, but, maybe some downtime and rest is as you said, long overdue by this point. After all, they've been touring pratically non-stop lately, especially this end of 2012-beginning 2013.
I just think there must be something the doctors will be able to do to at least hinder this problem from recurring so regularly. It's a huge blow both to the band and the fans that so many tours have been cancelled because of it; and while that's inevitable, it would do everybody good for them to find some kind of longer-term solution.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?

Post by SumGeek »

Gregorovich wrote:I just think there must be something the doctors will be able to do to at least hinder this problem from recurring so regularly. It's a huge blow both to the band and the fans that so many tours have been cancelled because of it; and while that's inevitable, it would do everybody good for them to find some kind of longer-term solution.
Well, I know how tough it is; My Mom has a back injury relating to a disc, and rest is something well needed, but you know, stubbornness takes over and everyday life happens. I mean, surgery is an option in these cases, but who knows what will happen with D. Maybe rest is just something his body needs, it could be more. I mean, with how many times this has occurred since it first happened, you'd think it would be getting worse and straining him physically. I'm just glad they're taking precautions and putting Deryck's best interest first.
carr

Post by carr »

There is some interesting rumored information about the Warped Tour in the comment section here (throughout all pages)

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=3114901
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

carr wrote:There is some interesting rumored information about the Warped Tour in the comment section here (throughout all pages)

So you're talking about the comments that they left Warped Tour few years ago because "they didn't feel like playing it", and not because of Deryck's back?

Okay, so they played Warped in 2010 and 2011. Not sure if he was talking about the 2010 or 2011 tour. In 2010 they left Warped to play a few shows in Summer Sonic in Japan, where he was attacked at the bar. They were supposed to go back to continue Warped after that, but of course they "didn't feel like doing the tour"; Deryck had just been attacked and injured his back big time.

In 2011, they'd had a 2-month European tour until mid-August, and they only managed to join Warped for a few shows before Deryck re-injured his back before heading to South Africa. They "didn't feel like doing" the few Warped shows left, since they wanted to make sure Deryck's back would be ok for the South African shows. They didn't want to disappoint the African fans, so to be able to perform there they took a few extra days off for Deryck, in the expense of Warped.

So yeah, they "didn't feel like doing the tour", but the back issues were there.

After cancelling the few shows in 2011 Warped, they went on to cancel the Asian, Canadian and UK tours, being off the road for 8 months. I highly doubt they would cancel their only source for income just because they "didn't feel like doing the tour".
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Re: Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:
carr wrote:There is some interesting rumored information about the Warped Tour in the comment section here (throughout all pages)

So you're talking about the comments that they left Warped Tour few years ago because "they didn't feel like playing it", and not because of Deryck's back?

Okay, so they played Warped in 2010 and 2011. Not sure if he was talking about the 2010 or 2011 tour. In 2010 they left Warped to play a few shows in Summer Sonic in Japan, where he was attacked at the bar. They were supposed to go back to continue Warped after that, but of course they "didn't feel like doing the tour"; Deryck had just been attacked and injured his back big time.

In 2011, they'd had a 2-month European tour until mid-August, and they only managed to join Warped for a few shows before Deryck re-injured his back before heading to South Africa. They "didn't feel like doing" the few Warped shows left, since they wanted to make sure Deryck's back would be ok for the South African shows. They didn't want to disappoint the African fans, so to be able to perform there they took a few extra days off for Deryck, in the expense of Warped.

So yeah, they "didn't feel like doing the tour", but the back issues were there.

After cancelling the few shows in 2011 Warped, they went on to cancel the Asian, Canadian and UK tours, being off the road for 8 months. I highly doubt they would cancel their only source for income just because they "didn't feel like doing the tour".
Yeah, Sum 41 live to play live shows. There's no way they wouldn't be up for a tour.
Jeremy Kill
Post by Jeremy Kill »

To me it doesn't seem like the touring lifestyle is a balanced lifestyle. I'm sure Deryck stretches out his back every now and then, but to what extent? Ten minutes before and/or after the show? I don't think that would be enough. Not to mention booze, nutrition and water intake.

I think that without a break, it's inevitable that Deryck's back will give him enough trouble to cancel a tour. I don't think he'd be able to tour long periods of time anymore.
carr

Post by carr »

I swear I am not trying to stir up something here. Personally, I think it is probably true that the tour was cancelled because of Deryck's repeated back problems, but I also acknowledge that it is possible there might have been other reasons to cancel tours and use that reason for the public now or in the past.

I stumbled across another post that implies this might have happened at some point. I don't see a fault in their behavior here either.

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread. ... 212&page=2

"Actually, they roughly tour the UK every 2 years. I saw them in Birmingham in both 2008 and 2010. I went to the Kerrang! tour earlier in the year for them and NFG, and bumped into Ian from NFG and he said that they pulled out of it because they didn't want to do the tour, their manager booked it without the band's consent. However the reason they gave to the fans was that Deryck was having back issues and couldn't perform for the tour."
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

carr wrote:"...because they didn't want to do the tour..."
They didn't want to do the tour because...?

Like I said before, I highly doubt they would cancel tours just for fun. I'm quite sure it had something to do with Deryck's back. So they didn't want to do the tour because they didn't feel like doing it, because of Deryck's health or something.

Or maybe there was another reason, who knows? But I'm sure there was one, why cancel their only source of income just for no reason?
carr

Post by carr »

I'm just not ruling out that there can be myriads of reasons why they would make the decision to cancel a tour (contractual, time schedule, financial, private etc.) and utilize Deryck's notwithstanding existing health problems as an explanation for the public.

I don't think either of them is dependent on the grosses of the tour. I think they are financially pretty well set from their past success and investments.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

Best version of Summer i've heard, well all versions i've found are good but this one's the funniest at least.
Hellyhoe
First name: Helena
Twitter: hellyhoe41

Post by Hellyhoe »

Dudes, I think the whole story with Deryck's back was an excuse to end the tour. Maybe they ended it because Stevo left...
I like songs with distortion to drink in proportion
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Re:

Post by Mitchell »

Hellyhoe wrote:Dudes, I think the whole story with Deryck's back was an excuse to end the tour. Maybe they ended it because Stevo left...
Not true, that's all I can say.
Gutter Dreams
First name: Sarah
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: Re:

Post by Gutter Dreams »

Mitchell wrote:
Hellyhoe wrote:Dudes, I think the whole story with Deryck's back was an excuse to end the tour. Maybe they ended it because Stevo left...
Not true, that's all I can say.
holy conspiracy theorist :devious:
not to say your opinion and thoughts aren't important, tis a joke
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

IS Deryck on Facebook now?