Sum 41 - New Album (Release 2019)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

CALKing
First name: Cesar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by CALKing »

In this video they mention the record, and also that they will be touring until mid-2018. But since they have began working on the new album already, they might not be touring anymore, like they thought they would?

At 4:36
"I tried to be perfect, but nothing was worth it"
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Sum 41 - New Album Writing (?)

Post by TomiT14 »

That was the original plan, but things changed. Funny thing though, that video was filmed in Sweden right before the show I attended. And a few hours later Deryck would tell me a whole different plan (finish the cycle after the Asian tour and start working on the new album).
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

It's nothing sort of amazing how much more energy Deryck (and the band) seems to have now than before his collapse and hospitalization. The tour following 13 Voices was like a completely different band playing compared to SBM tour and the tour prior to its release. Extremely happy to see them back in studio.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

Post by Sju »

Whatever they really have in store for 2018, it's exciting af!
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

Hope the new album follows the same line that SBM and 13 Voices and remember, 2 of every 5 clips that they can share us maybe they're not part of the album we see this with "Believe" and recently with two clips of 13 Voices one sounds like "Subject To Change" and another one was more metal.
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

Sum41 instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bdx0ibUgwmY/

Seems they are really working on a new single/album/...

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Yeah, it's clear that they are working on a new album, so excited new music is coming this year I hope.
Stef
Walking Disaster

Re:

Post by Stef »

Andros wrote:Yeah, it's clear that they are working on a new album, so excited new music is coming this year I hope.

13 voices is 2 years old in october 2018.. it would be one of the fastest albums releases in a while for the band!

Edit: Deryck reacted to a guy on instagram abour the album. It is still in the very beginning he says..

https://imgur.com/gallery/9oW27

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Stef wrote:Deryck reacted to a guy on instagram abour the album. It is still in the very beginning he says..

This guy is also known as Sprinks41 here. One of our oldest and most active members! :2cool4u:
Andros
Dr. Dynamite

Post by Andros »

Stef wrote:13 voices is 2 years old in october 2018.. it would be one of the fastest albums releases in a while for the band!

Edit: Deryck reacted to a guy on instagram abour the album. It is still in the very beginning he says..

I think he say that is in the very beginning just to not create a hype, maybe some songs may be at a very advanced stage, who knows.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

TomiT14 wrote:This guy is also known as Sprinks41 here. One of our oldest and most active members! :2cool4u:
I thought I recognized that username :hehe:

I love when Deryck responds but part of me now regrets I even wrote to him, I woke up this morning to like 5 Instagram requests from NOBODY I know lmao :confusion:
Stef
Walking Disaster

Post by Stef »

sprinks41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:This guy is also known as Sprinks41 here. One of our oldest and most active members! :2cool4u:

I love when Deryck responds but part of me now regrets I even wrote to him, I woke up this morning to like 5 Instagram requests from NOBODY I know lmao :confusion:
You get one more haha!!

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

Stef wrote:
sprinks41 wrote:

You get one more haha!!
Stef I think I denied your request. Sorry if I did, request me again and I'll accept it.

If anyone else wants to follow me on Instagram you're more than welcome to but if you can, PM me first to let me know you're a TNS member? Thanks!
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Re: Sum 41 - New Album Writing (Release 2019)

Post by sum41-freak »

So now after the TNS interview with deryck, we can say the new album will happen in 2019.

NEW ALBUM

You announced that the writing process for the new album has officially started. How far are you at the process? Do you already know in which direction the next album will take us? Any working titles you’d like to share?

All still too early to say much. I have a lot of ideas that I’m going through right now. I can say that it will definitely be a rock album. As you probably know I hate pop music and have no plans trying to “fit in” with whatever is being played on radio right now. It’s safe to say it will be a continuation of where we’re at right now. Heavy stuff, fast stuff. And probably a couple mellow things as well. But all rock music.

What can the fans expect from 2018?

Recording and a little bit of touring. 2019 will be the big year!
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen
First name: Andy

Re: Sum 41 - New Album (Release 2019)

Post by sum41-freak »

Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I wonder if there will be something like Pledge funding like with 13 Voices. Although at that time they didn't have a label and I'm sure they didn't really need money from fans and don't need now either, but it was cool to be part of it and I really like my handwritten lyric sheet.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Deryck Whibley via Sum 41 page @ Facebook wrote: It is officially the end of the '13 Voices' album cycle. I don’t even know where to begin. First I will say thank you to everyone who came out to see us at these last summer shows in Canada and Europe. As well as the 'Does This Look Infected' 15th anniversary shows earlier this year in the U.S. We’ve now wrapped the whole '13 Voices' cycle with a 2 1/2 years on the road, a lot of sold out shows, some gold records and whole lot of amazing memories and stories to tell!! All I can say is thank you all so much for making our return feel so welcomed and embraced all over the world. Being in this band has never felt better.

This last short run in Europe was special right from the start. The first show in France was amazing, playing Reading Festival & Leeds Festival for the first time in 15 years to such a welcoming and intense audience was awesome. Performing “Faint” with Mike Shinoda was incredible honor. (Chester, we miss you) Headlining our own sold out shows in Germany, to ending the tour in one of our most loved countries, Italy was unforgettable. (In Empoli Ariana and I shared our 3rd wedding anniversary as well!)

Now we’re home and it’s time to jump in the studio and spend the rest of the year working on new music so we can get back out see you all again next year. (With the exception of Riot Fest in Chicago) There are lots of ideas for music. This whole time on the road was so inspiring for me that I was constantly writing all the time. Heavy stuff, fast aggressive stuff, as well as some mellow and melodic stuff too. Very eclectic, but at the end of the day ROCK music! And now it’s time to put it all together and make sense of it all.

We will miss you, but we will be back! See you all again soon enough.

- Deryck
https://www.facebook.com/Sum41/posts/10 ... &__tn__=-R

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
CALKing
First name: Cesar
Instrument 3: Guitar

Post by CALKing »

"I tried to be perfect, but nothing was worth it"
sum41-freak
Billy Spleen