Sum 41 / 13 Voices discussion

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Hoping we get a single soon. It would suck to have them release all the track titles and album title after all these months of waiting and then just go back into the dark for the next while. Kills the hype people may have had
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Re: 13 Voices

Post by MetalMilition41 »

fergal41 wrote:Goddamn I'm Dead Again wouldn't be a very marketable album title though. I love 13 Voices. I also love the artwork and think it will look great as a CD sleeve.
I don't think Does This Look Infected? nor Chuck were particularly marketable album titles. DTLI? made sense with the picture of Stevo and that's what I think they could have done again if Deryck named it Goddamn I'm Dead Again and had symbolising artwork. I kind of like the artwork on the poster from the pledge campaign, if 13 Voices is about thinking too much and having negative thoughts then I think that artwork would symbolise that idea quite easily.

I think they should have released the single at the same time as the announcement as I agree the wait might take away some of the hype about the album. It's always nice to hear something from a new album when the announcement is made so that it gives fans a taster of the music and increases the desire to listen to more and buy the album. I just hope that this album will be marketed better than Screaming Bloody Murder, so far I think the announcement could have been more organised.

Does anybody know the name of the director for the music video they just filmed? I would be interested to know if he's done other videos and if so for which bands.
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

Yeah its Mark Klasfeld (or something like that). He already did a bunch of the Sum 41 videos including In Too Deep and We're All To Blame.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

MetalMilition41 wrote:I think they should have released the single at the same time as the announcement as I agree the wait might take away some of the hype about the album. It's always nice to hear something from a new album when the announcement is made so that it gives fans a taster of the music and increases the desire to listen to more and buy the album. I just hope that this album will be marketed better than Screaming Bloody Murder, so far I think the announcement could have been more organised.
SBMurder wrote:Hoping we get a single soon. It would suck to have them release all the track titles and album title after all these months of waiting and then just go back into the dark for the next while. Kills the hype people may have had
You need to realize that they didn't get to announce it on their own terms, since it was leaked. They were "forced" to announce it right away after the album info got leaked, so we'll never know what the original plans were for the announcement. So don't judge them too much for it. :silly:
Ashasx
Bunkface
First name: Jordan

Post by Ashasx »

Cone posted a photo on his instagram with the title "bonus tracks", so I guess we can safely assume we'll get bonus tracks.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i.imgur.com/j66kxPc.png[/imgwidth]
olipower
Post by olipower »

samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Good ol' Wikipedia has track lengths, not sure if they are accurate at all though since I can't find that info anywhere else:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_Voices
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

If this info is correct, I'm quite pleased. Especially the 8 minute track Twisted By Design.

But let's not put up our hopes too high: as you said, it's Wikipedia...

Also, Fake My Own Death has its own page now, stating that it will be released on the 20th of June. For what it's worth, no official statement yet.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

If that is the track lengths would be amazing, but I think it's too early for the leak of the track lengths so I think that is just a rumor just see that there's no lengths for "Breaking The Chain".
And for "Fake My Own Death" the release date maybe will be on June 20th, if the russian site that leak the album tittle, the cover and the track lengths was right with that info, why not with this? So we have to wait until Monday or Sunday if it's leaks before.
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

this sum41 forum used to be so alive, i understand the silence cause the band was almost done and we don't have new music yet(soon), butit used to be fun around here during the SBM era with all the studio updates.

i hope this happens again when the single,record,and studio footage drops.
this record is gonna be great.
the last time we saw deryck this clear and focused was during the underclass era.....it was so weird to see his personality change during the SBM era.
just the way he was talking,sitting, doing interviews with sunglasses to hide behind....so glad thats over now.

ps. brownsound plays on the record right?? i heard deryck talking about it. although he joined pretty late in the proces
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

Yea it's a shame it was leaked and the release wasn't on their own terms, I forgot that haha. But it's kind of taken the hype away, hopefully the date for the single 'Fake My Own Death' is true, everything else from the leak on the Russian site is true. It would be ideal for it to be out before they start touring so they can play it live. Maybe the new site will be unveiled with the release as well.

This site is quite dead compared to how it used to be. I had quite a few posts on my old account, wish I could get back into it haha. I'm sure it will pick up a bit when the music is released. The whole process of the recording during the SBM era was so fun to watch with all the updates and so generated a lot of discussion and excitement on TNS.

Dave must play on the record, I recall Cone saying there's some awesome solos on the album so that must mean he's written stuff and recorded some guitar parts.

I agree Deryck is fresh again, I loved his character in the SBM era but now I know what it lead to its sometimes hard to watch interviews or live stuff from that time. I'm so glad he's back and happier and healthier and enjoys being open in interviews again.

Hopefully those are the track times haha but I wouldn't trust wiki with anything until it's official. I'm looking forward to the bonus tracks, and hoping for some rap with the bonus track with DMC. He recently posted saying he was gonna be in the studio last week. SUM DMC :winkwink:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

The track lengths are very intriguing. Like most people here I'm going to take everything from Wikipedia with a grain of salt. It would make sense to release a new track right before Warped Tour if they are planning on playing that song live. That way the crowd will be into it and maybe even know the words to sing along.
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

I really doubt the track lenghts. Can't imagine a 10 track Sum album being almost 50 minutes long. Either track lenghts are wrong, the total is wrong, or Breaking the Chain is like 9 minutes long as well
Lars
All Killer No Filler

Post by Lars »

I know the information is most probably wrong, but seeing a 20th of June release date for Fake My Own Death got me all excited.

Again: I'm wise enough to know it won't drop tomorrow, but on the other hand a release next week would make perfect sense.

They're starting the Warped Tour in less than a week now... Time for it to drop if they're premiering it live.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

I don't think the forum will ever pick up to SMB-period activity levels. People have just lost interest and moved on with their lives. I'm not particularly 'excited' for the new record though I backed it, for some reason I do still decide to post here.
fuck this signature nonsense
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck

Post by Mr. Biz »

Lars wrote:I know the information is most probably wrong, but seeing a 20th of June release date for Fake My Own Death got me all excited.

Again: I'm wise enough to know it won't drop tomorrow, but on the other hand a release next week would make perfect sense.

They're starting the Warped Tour in less than a week now... Time for it to drop if they're premiering it live.

figured i would weigh in since there's a lot of wondering and confusion here. yes the info was leaked early which is why we came out with the info ourselves when we did. we did have a better plan to release it a time that made more sense but since some fuck head in russia decided to ruin that, it is what it is now. all i can say is don't believe everything you read online. that wiki page is false. plans have been forced to be changed and things are still being decided. the album still has final touches to be made on it, but i can promise you that you will hear something new very soon. my intention was to give the fans something to hear while we finish up the rest of the album. so if there is ever any info and it's not from any of our socials, it usually means it's not true and is not coming from us. stay tuned as there will be news coming.
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

Thanks for the accurate information, fans get excited and search for everything new online, haha. Sucks that the album info got leaked, I think same thing happened to Yellowcard at the same time too, both Hopeless Records bands.

We'll keep waiting for new music, we have track record of March of The Dogs and Skumfuk coming out before single after all ;-)
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

Oh maann, I was secretly hoping there will be a single tomorrow, but it was a long shot anyway. It's funny how on one side it's great to know the date of the release etc. now, but on the other, it sucks that someone mindlessly destroyed the boys plans. Either way, I'm sure we'll get our BOOM moment soon :winkwink: and thanks Deryck for the explanation on what's going on.
Andros
Dr. Dynamite
First name: Andros

Post by Andros »

It is good to know that, although the tracklist and the length of the songs was obvious that they are fake. And in the other hand there is some disappointment and frustration knowing that tomorrow we will not have new music, were some strong hopes that yes but, nice to know all of that.