Dream Collabs

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Caesar Orzell 600
First name: Megan
Twitter: Skumfrick

Dream Collabs

Post by Caesar Orzell 600 »

If Sum 41 were to ever collab with any band, who would it be? Since System of a Down is coming out with a new album next year, I really want them to collab with the Sums. Just imagine how cool that would sound! XD
*insert Sum 41 song lyrics here*
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: Dream Collabs

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I'm not fan of collaborations, but if that happens, I hope it will be with someone who has different style. Like with DMC, guess they still want to work together, can we have it next year maybe?
Caesar Orzell 600

Iam The Ghost wrote:I'm not fan of collaborations, but if that happens, I hope it will be with someone who has different style. Like with DMC, guess they still want to work together, can we have it next year maybe?
Ooh, that sounds like a good one! Would love to see them collab together too. :devious:
Lirena41
First name: Lirena
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Keyboard

Post by Lirena41 »

Caesar Orzell 600 wrote:If Sum 41 were to ever collab with any band, who would it be? Since System of a Down is coming out with a new album next year, I really want them to collab with the Sums. Just imagine how cool that would sound! XD
My dream collab sort of already happened, haha!
Caesar Orzell 600

Now 5SOS needs to write songs lyrics for Sum! XD
dff_punk
Bunkface
Instrument 2: vocals
Last.fm Username: dff_punk
Twitter: dff_punk

Post by dff_punk »

The Offspring. They have similar vocal range. I can already imagine it, a pompous punk-rock number, they take turns in singing the verses, then comes a big, high-pitched melodic chorus.
Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

I don't usually like collabs...don't think Deryck would let anyone else write a Sum 41 song, which I'm thankful for! haha. If anyone else wrote it, I'd be upset. lol...but my dream collab would be someone awesome like DMC...which is apparently going to happen, so I'm stoked! Ludacris was cool, too!
The Jester
First name: Rick
Post by The Jester »

Collaborations can be fun, but they're just that. There isn't any specific one I really want. Maybe Billy Talent would be cool.

I don't think Deryck's method of writing lends itself to collaborations very well. If anything, I'd want the other members of Sum 41 to write more in a song than I want to see a collaboration. Any thing I'd like to see Sum 41 do, they can do themselves, especially now that Dave is back.

In terms of Sum 41 or band members featuring on other artists songs, there's nothing specific I want to see, but I'd take any pop punk band getting a Dave to do a solo somewhere to finally have some balls back.