Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

Stevo 32 off social media?!

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

someone commented on my post asking where Stevo was on Instagram. Went to his profile and found it had been deleted. We used to be friends on Facebook, and now his Facebook profile is gone, too! his twitter is still there, but he hasn't updated in some time...wonder why he is off social media and how long has he been gone without me noticing? do you think he left because people keep asking him about Sum 41? maybe he just wanted a break and to focus on life...? what do you guys think?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Stevo 32 off social media?!

Post by TomiT14 »

I was investigating this couple of days ago. Someone here on the forums discovered it in the Summer, but I didn't look into it, until now. It's definitely weird. It seems that he's deleted both of his FB profiles (personal and public) and his Instagram and YouTube profiles, including the Julius Geezer videos, that had only been there from the start of this year. :confusion:

I'm sure he's taking a break from all the social media. But to delete all the content there? I hope everything's okay.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

I also did notice, that he didn't follow Cone, Dave, Tom anymore.. maybe too much Sum 41 hype
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I see TNS just shared one of his stand-up show:
Honestly, it's not good. :confusion: Guess he's the kind of guy you can hang out, grab some beers and have a good time, but to put together a stand-up show is totally different. I'm more interested what videos he directs. If he does anymore.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Iam The Ghost wrote:Honestly, it's not good. :confusion: Guess he's the kind of guy you can hang out, grab some beers and have a good time, but to put together a stand-up show is totally different. I'm more interested what videos he directs. If he does anymore.
Don't be too harsh. He's just started, so you can't really expect him to be the funniest comedian right away. We all know he's got the potential, now he needs to write some good stories, which can't be too easy right away.

I think this was one of his first performances, so I think he did a great job.
bizzyd676
First name: Tone

Post by bizzyd676 »

That was actually funny, I don't know what type of comedy you are into, but this was very organic, straight forward, talk about experiences in funny ways type material. Nothing over the top, no forced jokes, no corny punchlines... I feel he is just as funny here as he used to be in interviews, just having fun and being self-effacing.

Some of ya'll are too critical, were you expecting Chris Rock or CK? Let the man be, for a first time (even though it doesnt seem that way), this was very good. He could easily open for someone...
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Post by Iam The Ghost »

Lol, I wasn't even "too critical". If I say to someone that I don't like his work then I'm already an ass-hole? I didn't say it was trash or give it up or something, I just said I think it's not good... Or do I have to say otherwise just to be nice to him?

I didn't laugh, his performance was weak for me, it wasn't put together right, basically, not funny. Now I was critical, but is it a bad thing? I bet many said in the early days that Sum 41 sucks, but then they changed, improved, got experiences, found their way or just showed their other skills and now they're where they are and we love them. You think anyone can accomplish anything, if we just nice to them?

At this point, from what I've seen, I don't like his stand-up performance (what I said before: be funny at interviews and at stand-up comedy, are totally different things), but can he improve, can he be better? Yes. But can he, if we just say: "don't want to be harsh... it was ok... keep up" I think, no.
And still, I'm more interested in what he directs.