Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

new sum 41 songs?!

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

I don't want to spam :blush: , but Deryck said on his post on Instagram he is writing new music?! Well, his hashtag said "#newsongs" do you think he is writing about the election? and how will it be released? I'm getting ahead of myself, but EEK!! there might be new music! as if we didn't just get new music! we are spoiled! :devious: what are your thoughts on it?!
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: new sum 41 songs?!

Post by Stef »

he also stated in a interview he had materials for an other album, but it sounds more like their early work (AKNF and DTLI).. So yeah; who knows

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen

Re: new sum 41 songs?!

Post by Iam The Ghost »

I don't think we should look into that too much, bands oftenly state they already have materials for a new album, even if they just released their last one. I recall I read somewhere that 30 Seconds to Mars has about 100 songs and they want to select from them for the new album... ofc it's exaggerated, I guess they're short samples, ideas. I think Deryck is in the same period: many ideas, melodies in head, but it'll take a long time to hear something new, something that's complete, I guess.
Or, maybe he's working on something he already started before, like the instagram sample that didn't make to 13 Voices.
Sju
First name: Zuzana

new sum 41 songs?!

Post by Sju »

I wouldn't be surprised if he had penned something after the election. :winkwink: