Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Lirena41
First name: Lirena
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Keyboard

My Sum 41 Story

Post by Lirena41 »

Hello, I have been lurking around here for a while but never got to introduce myself. Now, my name is Liréna and I'm probably one of the younger Skumfuks, currently I am 16. I will tell you about how I got into the Sums and how my fanpage(therewillbevapor) came to be. There is a slight mention of other bands in here but mostly just the Sums.
Now for this part, I do feel really bad, I forgot around what time I became a fan. I do remember the year which was 2013. Meaning that I was 13 when I got into Sum 41. Some things are going to be very vague since all of this happened super quickly. So, it was late 2013 and I did know Sum 41 was a band and had wanted to check them out for a while. Now what happens when I want to check out a band is that I set it back at least a year. Finally, one day I wanted to listen to blink-182 but under the related searches Sum 41 was there so I clicked on them. The first song I've probably heard of them was either Fat Lip or In Too Deep. At this point, I didn't really have any interest in getting more into them because I was just listening to their music. I think around early 2014, it may have been where I started getting more and more into them. When this happens for any band, I start to look at interviews, live shows, other things they've done and side projects. I didn't watch a live show for the first time until the 2015s APMAs(of course I mean online).
Since I was not that much involved with the band at the point in 2014, I had no idea what happened to them. And later stumbled upon articles of Deryck almost dying. I looked more into it and thought to myself that I never would have a chance to see them. However, I did hear that they were going to perform at the APMAs so I looked forward to that. That increased everything and the thought of Deryck just feeling good enough to be on stage was already amazing. This is about how I got into them and knew about everything that happened in the band. I did not yet have a Sum 41 fanpage.
Now we are going to get into how I started to make a fanpage for Sum 41. It was first a fanpage for 5 Seconds of Summer and I occasionally posted Sum 41. I wanted to post Sum 41 more but I wasn't sure if I should do it. I looked up a picture of Deryck with Michael Clifford from 5sos since I've been admiring that picture for a long time. The first account to pop up was @_sum41_. I looked around on her page for a while and decided,"you know, you should definitely combine the two into one". I had the user of @sum41.5sos for a long time but I eventually changed it to @therewillbevapor where the two bands are still on my account. At one point in time, I also wanted to make an update account for both bands and that ended up being @5sos.sum41updates. Anyway, enough about promoting myself and others.
I also knew how much Sum 41 could do for me. See I have been trying to get a band together since I was 8 years old and it still hasn't worked out. I have not given up and probably never will, I have been writing songs from an age of when I was only 8. I started playing keyboard around 10 and guitar around 12. I stopped with guitar for a bit but after finding out about the Sums. I managed to pick it up and play it again, they're also the reason why I decided to pick up the drums.
The introductory stuff is over now about what happened this year.
I had always wanted to go to Warped Tour but couldn't because I am not from the USA and lived overseas. In the lineups that I did live in the USA, I was too late with checking out the tickets. This year I managed to get tickets for Warped and was really happy with the line-up. I bought tickets for July 17th in Holmdel, NJ. Since I do not have any friends who like festivals like Warped tour, I went with my dad.
On the day of Warped tour, we had a taxi that went at 9:45, I think. We made it there at least an hour early. Luckily, we brought the cans so we did not have to wait in a long line for a good amount of the time. Frank posted while we were waiting for doors to open that Sum 41 would be on the Left Foot stage around 7:30. That meant an enormous amount of just sitting around and doing nothing. Now, we went to get food at around 1:00PM and there were huge lines for just getting food. We shared fries and a big cola. I went to the bathroom before I headed of to get to the Left Foot stage which was around 2:30PM since Yellowcard had just finished their set. For some reason I was sad that this was their last album even if I never knew any songs. Enough about that. I waited a total of 5 hours to get to the very front and I was front center. Right in front of Deryck which was pretty awesome, I got pushed to the side by crowdsurfers. By the side I mean to the left side so I ended up standing on Cone's side. Then after it was finished I stayed there for a bit and some guy caught Tom's pick but did not know what his name was. I honestly had no idea that Dave and Cone would come out and greet us since they were going to the APMAs the day after. I was kind of sad about it but I knew another time would come.
That other time did come on October 13th, 2016. I did already buy my Sum 41 tickets for their headlining tour, I bought them on August 12th. For the event on October 13th, tickets came out on September 20th, I believe. Now with the amazing parents I have, I had a ride to the signing on October 13th and a plan for October 14th(the day of the concert.)
October 13th, 2016
After I came from school, I went home for a bit. Since this place(Fords,NJ) was an hour drive from our house, we(my dad and I) ended up leaving around 3:20PM. We arrived there pretty early and there weren't a lot of people yet. My dad did not go inside with me because he did not have an album, why would we need three anyway? It was supposed to be an in-store acoustic too but Deryck didn't feel all too well. So, it was only a signing. It did start twenty minutes later at 5:20PM instead of 5:00PM. When I saw Frank at the signing table, I felt that my hands were starting to shake. I said 'hi' to Dave and Frank since they were the first two at the table. Then I said 'hi' to Cone and asked for a picture which ended up being super blurry. Cone did ask how my photo was and I said,"it's blurry but it's fine." I was too nervous to think straight but in that moment I did forgot that I was talking to Cone. Mainly, because his voice is just really calm and soothing. Anyway, after Cone was Deryck who I also said 'hi' to. Tom was the last one at the table and I did also only say hi to him. I do feel really guilty about it now but can you blame me?
October 14th, 2016
This was the day of my concert. This was going to be my first GA concert in all of my 16 years. I had no idea how it would go or how it is organised. I discussed with my mum that I was going to miss lunch and the last two blocks of school anyway. My dad picked me up from school around 10:39AM. We catched the bus of 11:15AM then after that we started to walk to the Playstation Theater. We found it and sat down around 12:25PM and we were just sitting there until a girl showed up. She started talking to us and eventually we managed to talk to someone else sitting next to me. It was pretty nice to wait and talk to people. Around 4:00PM they let us to an area inside of somewhere, it was not yet the venue. It was pretty nice outside that day. We made an arrangement with everyone which was that we would stay together and try to get front row if possible. It did not end up happening but we managed to get to the second row. We were on Dave's side for mainly the whole concert. At least I was there for the whole time. I did manage to get two 7 second videos :devious: :devious: but it didn't matter that much. I had an awesome experience with this and will definitely go to another Sum 41 or GA concert again soon.
---
Hopefully you guys had enough energy to read this all. I almost fell asleep while writing this :hehe: :hehe: . That may be a small lie but it took a while. You will probably see me comment on threads on here mainly.
Last edited by Lirena41 on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peytonmallory41
First name: Peyton
Instrument 1: piano
Twitter: peyton_sum41

Post by Peytonmallory41 »

that's an awesome story and I'm so happy I could be a part of it!!! can't wait to inevitably hear more in the future! :)
Lirena41

Re:

Post by Lirena41 »

Peytonmallory41 wrote:that's an awesome story and I'm so happy I could be a part of it!!! can't wait to inevitably hear more in the future! :)
I'm happy I could share this with you, too! You'll definitely hear more in the future, that is certain.
Caesar Orzell 600
First name: Megan
Twitter: Skumfrick

Post by Caesar Orzell 600 »

Hey, Lirena. Nice story. :P
*insert Sum 41 song lyrics here*
Lirena41

Re:

Post by Lirena41 »