Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Deryck Interview with Noisey

Post by Noreason757 »

New Deryck interview. short and about his recovery from the hospital. Some new information though with a possible new song title "Goddamn, I'm Dead Again"

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/deryck-whib ... noiseyfbus
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I read it all a few days ago.
It feels like Deryck have been reborn from a life plagued with bad habits in some sort of forfeit to his situation. Now it seems like he's getting back on the wheel taking control of things and doing something productive. Not that he was completely useless prior to the incident, but comparing their long ass tour and break to the "album in progress" they're doing now, it feels like they should have started years ago.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Re:

Post by Ferdehh41 »

HugoDisasters wrote:I read it all a few days ago.
It feels like Deryck have been reborn from a life plagued with bad habits in some sort of forfeit to his situation. Now it seems like he's getting back on the wheel taking control of things and doing something productive. Not that he was completely useless prior to the incident, but comparing their long ass tour and break to the "album in progress" they're doing now, it feels like they should have started years ago.
Yeah, and maybe Stevo was still in the band, but who knows.
SomethingYouCallReal
First name: Dennis
Post by SomethingYouCallReal »

Wait? Halfway through a record? Maybe he is able to bring it out even this year like he planned??? :D
I do want to feel
something you call real
I don't think that I've got
time for these scars to heal
And the days just go by,
leaving questions in my mind
I guess I'll find the answers
some day in another life
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Re:

Post by fergal41 »

SomethingYouCallReal wrote:Wait? Halfway through a record? Maybe he is able to bring it out even this year like he planned??? :D
Ah, I wouldn't put too much pass on that. Deryck can be quite inconsistent when talking about the recording process in interviews. The next time he's talking to the press he'll probably say something like "I hope we can start to record in the Summer"

My guess is that we'll hear a new Sum 41 album in the second or third quarter of 2016.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Re: Re:

Post by Jables »

fergal41 wrote:
SomethingYouCallReal wrote:Wait? Halfway through a record? Maybe he is able to bring it out even this year like he planned??? :D
Ah, I wouldn't put too much pass on that. Deryck can be quite inconsistent when talking about the recording process in interviews. The next time he's talking to the press he'll probably say something like "I hope we can start to record in the Summer"

My guess is that we'll hear a new Sum 41 album in the second or third quarter of 2016.
Here's hoping.
As long as I don't see the word 'soon' anywhere in relation to this album, I'll be as happy as Boris Johnson wearing a discreet yet incredibly absorbent Union Jack themed adult nappy.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re: Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

fergal41 wrote:

Well, we should remember that last time they did have some conflicts with the label (as far as I remember) which made things that might have been quick, a bit more difficult and slow. So let's hope they are going independent or something along those lines so that they can have more control over their work (As we know, Deryck is a control freak).

An example of them having issues that might have caused delays could be the case when they hired Gil Norton to produce the album, who they later disagreed with and decided to produce the album themselves.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

Truly hope he can put his demons behind him and get back on stage and make the best album he has ever made. It's weird to read that they toured longer than ever during Screaming Bloody Murder - all I ever remember is them constantly cancelling shows/tours for one reason or another. It'll be interesting to see who is even in the band on the next album, as well.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]