Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re:

Post by Noreason757 »

withchappedlips wrote:I have no idea what type of label to expect Sum 41 to go to at this point... they've never been away from a major, have they? I'm surprised they were on Island for their last release, as it doesn't seem like there was much demand for more music from the band at that point. I hope Sum 41 finds a label that cares about the music, whether it's Island or elsewhere. I know bands like Taking Back Sunday, Bayside, The Used, and I believe Yellowcard have all gone over to Hopeless, which seems to be a label that legacy acts formerly associated with major labels excel on...
I hope if they do join another Label(They Don't Have to, a lot of bands are working independently nowadays) they go with Epitaph Records, i think that label would be perfect for them.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Re: New Album-Discussion

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Cone:

Home from a very productive + busy Sum 41 week in l.a. Rehearsing old songs in the day + working on news ones @ night

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEa3fv0WEAEUlAL.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

Ferdehh41 wrote:Cone:

Home from a very productive + busy Sum 41 week in l.a. Rehearsing old songs in the day + working on news ones @ night

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CEa3fv0WEAEUlAL.jpg[/imgwidth]
Fuckin' A!
Here's hoping this enthusiasm translates into a new album within the next year.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

So, Frank Zummo is the interim drummer. Apparently he can't play all the Sum songs, so the band is still looking for a drummer. Frank is there until they find someone else.
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

TomiT14 wrote:he can't play all the Sum songs

#Skillz
Kurt41
First name: Kurt

Post by Kurt41 »

TomiT14 wrote:So, Frank Zummo is the interim drummer. Apparently he can't play all the Sum songs, so the band is still looking for a drummer. Frank is there until they find someone else.
I finally made an account just so I could ask you..
where did you hear that? :O
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Instrument 1: Guitar
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Kurt41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:So, Frank Zummo is the interim drummer. Apparently he can't play all the Sum songs, so the band is still looking for a drummer. Frank is there until they find someone else.
I finally made an account just so I could ask you..
where did you hear that? :O
Tomi is a sum41pedia
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Did anyone listen to the radio interview with Cone from the other day? Apparently he was to be discussing Sum 41
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Post by MetalMilition41 »

I can't post in this thread hmmm
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

fergal41 wrote:Did anyone listen to the radio interview with Cone from the other day? Apparently he was to be discussing Sum 41
Yup! It was about 10 minutes long, he talked about being a Dad, how he's spent the last two years (producing) and what's up with Sum 41. The band just spent a week at Deryck's place to rehearse old songs and sorting out the new ones. The status of finding a new drummer is in my previous post.

That's about it.
Ferdehh41
Ma Poubelle
First name: Ferdi

Post by Ferdehh41 »

Click to view the fullsize image.https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/59 ... 5rEgMt.jpg[/imgwidth]
MetalMilition41
First name: Ed
Instrument 2: Drums
Instrument 3: Saxomophone
Twitter: Don't have that shit

Re:

Post by MetalMilition41 »

MetalMilition41 wrote:I can't post in this thread hmmm
Oh it seems I can. Just not on my phone. Hmm.

I was going to say to Tomi, how did he come by this information?

Anyway I'm glad they are still on the lookout for a new drummer as I don't really think that Frank Zummo is suited to the band, and the fact that he can't play all the songs yet is a little worrying. Hmmmm.

I wonder who will drum on the new record??

Also did you guys see that Deryck has been in Vegas at that club? More practise perhaps? And looking ten years younger and healthy. Much proud I am :glad:

And on another note I believe they need to find a label in order for the album to have any hope of getting somewhere at all. And in terms of money for the recording and all the rest it will help a great deal what with promotion and such. Epitaph is a great shout, but just any reasonably supportive label would be a step forwards again.

How will not being on a label affect their ideas of touring? Can they still tour worldwide with no label?

And about that picture he shared, I really hope it isn't crowd funding related.

All my thoughts in one post jeezus :hehe:
Kurt41

Post by Kurt41 »

About the Frank Zummo drumming thing that someone mentioned in this topic earlier, I was just listening to Cone's interview https://soundcloud.com/fm96-1/sherrie-a ... rom-sum-41 and he doesn't say "Frank doesn't know how to play all the songs" he actually says "We were playing with him, but he can't do them all". And I think that might actually mean he's too busy to do all the SHOWS, not that he can't do all the songs.. But I'm not sure. Cool interview though.
TomiT14

Re:

Post by TomiT14 »

Kurt41 wrote:someone mentioned in this topic earlier, and he doesn't say "Frank doesn't know how to play all the songs" he actually says "We were playing with him, but he can't do them all".
TomiT14 wrote:So, Frank Zummo is the interim drummer. Apparently he can't play all the Sum songs, so the band is still looking for a drummer.
So, my post was only a few posts above, still you didn't feel time to check who wrote what? I said the exact same thing as you did?

Cone's exact words were
(Talks about playing old songs and new songs)...so we were playing with him, but he can't do them all, so we're going to have to... there's going to be different drummers in and out, I think, for the next little while till we find (the right fit).
Which to me sounds like he can't play them all. I didn't say he doesn't KNOW how to play them, I said that he CAN'T play them (for some reason or the other), which is exactly what Cone said.

They were playing songs with him, not shows (since they haven't had them in a while), so if he can't play them all, I'm sure he meant the songs. How would they know if he can't play any shows, since they've only booked one?
Mr. Biz
First name: Deryck

Post by Mr. Biz »

i just wanted to clear up this confusion. cone meant that zummo couldn't play all the shows we have been talking about doing. nothing is confirmed yet and we don't know what our touring plans are exactly yet. zummo is a more than capable drummer and can play any sum 41 song. if he couldn't we wouldn't be jamming with him or anyone for that matter who couldn't play the songs. whoever the drummer is going to be will be amazing! i don't play with hacks.

deryck
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Mr. Biz wrote:i just wanted to clear up this confusion. cone meant that zummo couldn't play all the shows we have been talking about doing. nothing is confirmed yet and we don't know what our touring plans are exactly yet. zummo is a more than capable drummer and can play any sum 41 song. if he couldn't we wouldn't be jamming with him or anyone for that matter who couldn't play the songs. whoever the drummer is going to be will be amazing! i don't play with hacks.

deryck
I stand corrected. :glad: :blush:
Kurt41

Post by Kurt41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Mr. Biz wrote:i just wanted to clear up this confusion. cone meant that zummo couldn't play all the shows we have been talking about doing. nothing is confirmed yet and we don't know what our touring plans are exactly yet. zummo is a more than capable drummer and can play any sum 41 song. if he couldn't we wouldn't be jamming with him or anyone for that matter who couldn't play the songs. whoever the drummer is going to be will be amazing! i don't play with hacks.

deryck
So are you ready to apologise to me for chucking a tantrum like a fucking 5 year old when I was super polite and didn't single you out (which you then did to me) and was actually.. CORRECT? You're supposed to be a moderator.. you acted like someone who should be instantly banned. I've JUST made an account this week, and gave some useful insight (which Deryck confirmed was correct anyway) and you absolutely tore my fucking head off. Band forums are a place to speculate and speak your mind/opinion. Is this the way I'll always be spoken to? Cause if it is, how depressing. I won't be posting anything else. Why don't you fucking relax a bit and you might actually get some more users signing up/coming online on here, instead of people too scared to type anything in case they're 'wrong'.
fergal41
Goon

Post by fergal41 »

Kurt41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

deryck
So are you ready to apologise to me for chucking a tantrum like a fucking 5 year old when I was super polite and didn't single you out (which you then did to me) and was actually.. CORRECT? You're supposed to be a moderator.. you acted like someone who should be instantly banned. I've JUST made an account this week, and gave some useful insight (which Deryck confirmed was correct anyway) and you absolutely tore my fucking head off. Band forums are a place to speculate and speak your mind/opinion. Is this the way I'll always be spoken to? Cause if it is, how depressing. I won't be posting anything else. Why don't you fucking relax a bit and you might actually get some more users signing up/coming online on here, instead of people too scared to type anything in case they're 'wrong'.

+1
Kurt41

Post by Kurt41 »

TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Kurt41 wrote:So are you ready to apologise to me for chucking a tantrum like a fucking 5 year old when I was super polite and didn't single you out (which you then did to me) and was actually.. CORRECT? You're supposed to be a moderator.. you acted like someone who should be instantly banned. I've JUST made an account this week, and gave some useful insight (which Deryck confirmed was correct anyway) and you absolutely tore my fucking head off. Band forums are a place to speculate and speak your mind/opinion. Is this the way I'll always be spoken to? Cause if it is, how depressing. I won't be posting anything else. Why don't you fucking relax a bit and you might actually get some more users signing up/coming online on here, instead of people too scared to type anything in case they're 'wrong'.
Whoa whoa whoa! Timeout! :glad:

First off, clever way to call for an apology by burning me to the ground.

It didn't feel polite NOT to single me out, quite the opposite. I felt offended since you twisted my words and ignored my name. That's why I felt the need to correct what I said. But how was I supposed to reply to you by not singling you out? Of course I'm biased to say, but I think if you quoted me right (or didn't quote me at all) we might have got a healthy debate.

The latter part of my post wasn't (meant to be) a direct response to you, more like explaining in detail why I thought what Cone meant. I admit that your not-quoting-me-right post affected my tone, but the real meaning was to explain my view and to ask you to do the same (which, of course, is pointless now).

You're right, everyone is entitled to voice their opinions, that's what a forum is for, right? I'm sorry that my post scared you (or anyone else) to voice yours (/theirs). Not everyone thinks the same way, and that can lead to arguments. Arguments are good as long as it doesn't include personal offenses, which I didn't do, although I admit it might have been seen that way. The point of your response however was clearly an insult towards me, but I don't mind since you felt offended, just like I did.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, sorry that I did. But judging the tone and the coarse language of your last post, I think I'm not the only one who needs to relax a bit.

Like I said, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. But judging me as a person by that one single post is not fair. If you had spent more time here, you'd know I'm not here to start fights and scare the shit out of everyone. For years I've been working my ass off to promote the band and this website, so I'd be happy to hear your ideas how to do it better.

Yes, I'm a moderator here, and I'd like to think I've deserved that rank. But I don't want to be treated any differently than a regular member here. We're all Skumfuks, we're all fans of this great band, some of us just keep this site up and running. I'm doing this for all of us, so if you think I'm a wrong person to be a mod, fair enough, but don't make the decision judging by only this one single post.

As a tongue-in-a-cheek comment, you clearly haven't been here for long if my post is enough to ban someone instantly. :silly:

Again, sorry everyone! :happy: