Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Important Question

Post by UltraKolby »

I had this question forever and could never figure it out. I'm sorry this might be stupid but why does the song "Subject To Change' have the same chorus as 'Underclass Hero'. I know that STC is an incomplete or different version of 'No Reason' but still. Why do they have the song chorus? It is bugging me!! :confusion:
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

STC was a b song of chuck. Deryck is known to reuse some music parts (like with me + reason to believe drums). He reused the chorus of STC in UH. Tada.

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Re: Important Question

Post by TomiT14 »

Subject To Change was never meant to be released. The song evolved to No Reason, and the leftover parts were meant be used in another song. The song was originally called No Control, but they changed its name to reflect its purpose that the song's about to get changed. And it did, and it became Underclass Hero. The only thing that went wrong was that somehow the Japanese label had got the song and released it.

Luckily so, since I prefer STC over UH.

Btw, Cone thinks UH is one of the greatest songs they've written, and was surprised/shocked when I told him I liked STC more. He was little disappointed that many people didn't notice the greatness of UH the album, since they were expecting them to continue along the lines of Chuck and DTLI.
UltraKolby
Hooch
First name: Kolby
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by UltraKolby »

TomiT14 wrote:Subject To Change was never meant to be released. The song evolved to No Reason, and the leftover parts were meant be used in another song. The song was originally called No Control, but they changed its name to reflect its purpose that the song's about to get changed. And it did, and it became Underclass Hero. The only thing that went wrong was that somehow the Japanese label had got the song and released it.

Luckily so, since I prefer STC over UH.

Btw, Cone thinks UH is one of the greatest songs they've written, and was surprised/shocked when I told him I liked STC more. He was little disappointed that many people didn't notice the greatness of UH the album, since they were expecting them to continue along the lines of Chuck and DTLI.
Okay! That makes since now and either way, they are both good songs that I enjoy very much. I do enjoy Underclass Hero a little more than Subject To Change, I just feel that the chorus fits more with Underclass Hero and I like how Deryck sings in UH more than STC.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I do enjoy Subject to Change more than Underclass Hero, but the latter has a better flow to it. It's weird how they managed to take a chorus from a song that was originally darker and work it into a happy pop-punk anthem. When I heard the news that they were using the chorus from Subject to Change for Underclass Hero I got excited and hoped it would almost be the same song except better. I was hoping they would use the part in the bridge (that was also in the ending of No Reason) in the new version as well as some sort of throwback to Chuck. I always liked that part.