Sums Project, send help pls

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Sums Project, send help pls

Postby Gutter Dreams on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:37 pm

For music, I have to do a project on a band (obv The Sums why else would I be here) and we have to do a presentation on them so naturally, I have to research them. Again, obv I know it all but you guys should just help me gather all this awesome information and condense it. But I also need info on D's back injury (like I still don't know what actually happened) and a list of artists they've (or even any of the members) have worked with. Also might need some help finding some info on GOB and Operation MD.
Also any super awesome/cool facts and pictures would be great as well!
Thanks in advance! Xoxoxox Saruh.
User avatar

Gutter Dreams
Moderator
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Canada(!)
First name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender:
PSN ID: SarahFTL
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby Gregorovich on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Haha, I still think No Reason would be a great song to use. You should also talk about Deryck being threatened with deportation after 'killing the president' in March of the Dogs. And the whole Conga ordeal.
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby Gutter Dreams on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:42 pm

Gregorovich wrote:Haha, I still think No Reason would be a great song to use. You should also talk about Deryck being threatened with deportation after 'killing the president' in March of the Dogs. And the whole Conga ordeal.

SEE
THIS IS WHY I NEED YOU GUYS LIKE
I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS HAPPENING LETS BE HONEST I FORGOT ALL THE GOOD STUFF
User avatar

Gutter Dreams
Moderator
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Canada(!)
First name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender:
PSN ID: SarahFTL
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:49 pm

Deryck lost his virginity at age 14, when his mom was out of town for the weekend. Because he wanted to be the first one in his school to do it.
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby Gutter Dreams on Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 pm

cladam41 wrote:Deryck lost his virginity at age 14, when his mom was out of town for the weekend. Because he wanted to be the first one in his school to do it.

don't think I can include that....

and Gregor you should PM with all those fun facts I don't know :glad:
User avatar

Gutter Dreams
Moderator
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Canada(!)
First name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender:
PSN ID: SarahFTL
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Postby Sum41Ant27 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

Image
User avatar

Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: Jersey
First name: Anthony
Age: 19
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: Sum41Ant27

Postby sprinks41 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 am

Deryck's back injury story: From what I recall of Deryck and Steve being interviewed together back in 2007 or 2008, Deryck said they were getting ready to play P4P to end a show, and as he sat down on the stool, he felt the disk in his back slip and he described it as being "the worst physical pain he'd ever experienced in his life." He managed to still play the drums, but after the show he told the guys what had happened and they had a Dr look at him that night.

hope that helps you! I'm nearly obsessed with Sum 41 lmao so if there's any further info you need on them dont hesitate to ask and I'll try to help you!
User avatar

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:05 pm
First name: Jim
Age: 0
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Postby X^2 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 am

They have collaborated with Ludacris, Tenacious D, Unwritten Law, & Iggy Pop that I know of!

They also did the "Walk this way"-cover with Nelly and Ja Rule.
User avatar

X^2
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: Finland
Age: 25
Gender:

Postby Ardi41 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:53 am

There was more to his injury : He was also attacked in a bar in japan by three american guys for no reason and slipped a disc in his back again and had to go to hospital. It was during the summersonic period. He still played the show even though the doctors told him not to.
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Postby Iam The Ghost on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 pm

I don't know how much you concentrate on their side-projects, but maybe you could also mention that Deryck helped producing Avril Lavigne's last two albums and a swedish band (or you can talk about the inverse too, like Treble Charger's Greig Nori helped them on some albums), Cone produced Shelter With Thieves album and Steve directed some videoclips (like 3OH!3 - Starstrukk, but I think not the Katy Perry version).

Oh, and Deryck sang in Young Artist for Haiti - Wavin' Flag :happy: : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB7L1BIDELc
Image
Iam The Ghost
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 12:36 pm
Location: Hungary
Age: 29
Gender:
Twitter: Hungarian Skumfuk

Re:

Postby Ardi41 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:06 pm

Iam The Ghost wrote:Steve directed some videoclips (like 3OH!3 - Starstrukk, but I think not the Katy Perry version).

actually it was the Katy Perry version :glad:

edit: looked it up. he did both.
Image
User avatar

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
 
Posts: 1072
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 pm
Location: Germany
First name: Ardi
Age: 26
Gender:
PSN ID: ArdiSpleen
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby TomiT14 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:24 pm

cladam41 wrote:Deryck lost his virginity at age 14.


*13.

:glad:
User avatar

TomiT14
Moderator
 
Posts: 4261
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:19 pm
Location: Espoo, Finland
First name: Tomi
Age: 31
Gender:
PSN ID: TJT41
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Postby SumGeek on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:27 pm

I did a project on them recently, as well. It was a music magazine, and I based it around their hometown show in November, also including a Bio page. Be sure to include that they're a Grammy nominated band! (They've won other awards as well, including Juno's. You can put that too, if ya wish.)

Also, I have a ton of photos I could send you. PM?
Image
User avatar

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
First name: Chelsea
Age: 23
Gender:
Twitter: chelsealouanne

Re:

Postby Gutter Dreams on Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:42 pm

SumGeek wrote:I did a project on them recently, as well. It was a music magazine, and I based it around their hometown show in November, also including a Bio page. Be sure to include that they're a Grammy nominated band! (They've won other awards as well, including Juno's. You can put that too, if ya wish.)

Also, I have a ton of photos I could send you. PM?

yeah, totally! They've won a Juno right? I remember that much... Basically I wanted a VERY BRIEF overview of the band, then I went a little more in depth with each member (not including Tom because I'm doing it chronologically). So I'm starting with HHOP then going to SBM. I'm going to include any events (ie. the Congo, D's back, and any awards) during each "era" so it'll all be in order. That's the plan at least.

that you all SO MUCH, this project is going to be so kickass.
User avatar

Gutter Dreams
Moderator
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Canada(!)
First name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender:
PSN ID: SarahFTL
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Re: Sums Project, send help pls

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:21 pm

TomiT14 wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Deryck lost his virginity at age 14.


*13.

:glad:

OW OWWWWW!!!!! :winkwink:
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Re:

Postby SumGeek on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:32 pm

Gutter Dreams wrote:yeah, totally! They've won a Juno right? I remember that much... Basically I wanted a VERY BRIEF overview of the band, then I went a little more in depth with each member (not including Tom because I'm doing it chronologically). So I'm starting with HHOP then going to SBM. I'm going to include any events (ie. the Congo, D's back, and any awards) during each "era" so it'll all be in order. That's the plan at least.

that you all SO MUCH, this project is going to be so kickass.


Yup! In fact, two; one for "Group of the Year" in 2003, and 2 years later, one for "Album of the Year" for Chuck, in 2005.

I'll gather my photos together that are for each era. Have some even before HHOP, if you want any of those.
Image
User avatar

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
First name: Chelsea
Age: 23
Gender:
Twitter: chelsealouanne

Re: Re:

Postby Gutter Dreams on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:43 pm

SumGeek wrote:
Gutter Dreams wrote:yeah, totally! They've won a Juno right? I remember that much... Basically I wanted a VERY BRIEF overview of the band, then I went a little more in depth with each member (not including Tom because I'm doing it chronologically). So I'm starting with HHOP then going to SBM. I'm going to include any events (ie. the Congo, D's back, and any awards) during each "era" so it'll all be in order. That's the plan at least.

that you all SO MUCH, this project is going to be so kickass.


Yup! In fact, two; one for "Group of the Year" in 2003, and 2 years later, one for "Album of the Year" for Chuck, in 2005.

I'll gather my photos together that are for each era. Have some even before HHOP, if you want any of those.

Ok thanks! Any other info on the awards would be greatly appreciated!
User avatar

Gutter Dreams
Moderator
 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:48 pm
Location: Canada(!)
First name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender:
PSN ID: SarahFTL
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: sarrrwhite

Postby Gregorovich on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:18 am

Yeah, Cone has won several awards for greatest ass in contemporary music.
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Postby HugoDisasters on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:39 pm

Gregorovich wrote:Yeah, Cone has won several awards for greatest ass in contemporary music.

:hehe:

You should showcase a few clips from their Introduction to Destruction DVD. I recall tons of their funny videos :D

Click to view the fullsize image.
User avatar

HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
 
Posts: 2979
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:19 pm
Location: Sweden
Age: 0
Gender:
n00b: You.
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Postby samueeL on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 pm

I heard Deryck likes candy, put that in presentation
User avatar

samueeL
Finnish Flash
 
Posts: 3754
Joined: Sun May 27, 2007 10:06 pm
Age: 0
Gender:
PSN ID: samueel41
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Next

Return to The Sums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron