Post by Gregorovich »

fuck this signature nonsense
samueeL
Finnish Flash
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drums

Post by samueeL »

I'm waiting for the day french people learn english. Okey, just kidding. Not. I am.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: Troll Sum 41

Post by SumGeek »

I wish I could understand half of these!

I like the studying one.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

samueeL wrote:I'm waiting for the day french people learn english. Okey, just kidding. Not. I am.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://carter.myshowroom.se/files/2012/ ... harris.png[/imgwidth]

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
DW_60
Hooch
First name: Amin
Instrument 2: Piano
Instrument 3: Drum
Twitter: aaminolo

Post by DW_60 »

You know what I feel when I come here. I introduce you to, Google Translation : http://translate.google.fr/
Be aware that there is some in english. Please be kind to us. I should have not share the links if I knew it would have turned out that way. We did it for the fans in France. We don't talk english very much in France. That way the french fans had a better way to understand.
Image Image

" Tu es mon petite poubelle. "
Amin #sum41france http://www.facebook.com/Sum41France
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

finally it pays off to pay attention at school haha ! I knew it was good for something !
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

I'm waiting for the day french people learn english. Okey, just kidding. Not. I am.
I'm waiting for the day when the english-speaking countries realize it wouldn't hurt them either to know some other language in addition to english.
Actually, I think that every country should teach their kids at least one foreign language. (+ english)
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

X^2 wrote:
I'm waiting for the day when the english-speaking countries realize it wouldn't hurt them either to know some other language in addition to english.
Actually, I think that every country should teach their kids at least one foreign language. (+ english)
United Kingdom does teach foreign languages. Personally, I didn't bother, I didn't see the point. For the amount of time I leave English speaking territory it won't be any use for me.
[donate][/donate]
carr

Post by carr »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
X^2 wrote:
United Kingdom does teach foreign languages. Personally, I didn't bother, I didn't see the point. For the amount of time I leave English speaking territory it won't be any use for me.
WTF? So it's not mandatory then??? In most European countries you cannot choose, you are obligated to learn one foreign language. It's interesting to see how the UK tends to cop out of everything European.
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Never liked French, however since I have two latin mother languagues and I'm pretty decent with italian, I'm able to understand most of it. El francès escrit és com el català, pero hi ha petites diferencies.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

carr wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
X^2 wrote:
WTF? So it's not mandatory then??? In most European countries you cannot choose, you are obligated to learn one foreign language. It's interesting to see how the UK tends to cop out of everything European.
That's just untrue. Languages are mandatory in schools up until the age of 15 (ish). It's just that 95% of British people will never professionally use any of the languages they have learned, because they choose either to remain in Britain, or travel to another English-speaking country. The UK is completely seperate from the rest of Europe politically and geographically, which means it's as useful to learn French as it is to learn Russian, Arabic or Mandarin. Probably less useful, actually. The only reason we learn it in schools up until 15 is as a 'starter language' so we gain the skills necessary to learn more languages in the future.

And about the UK 'copping out of everything European' - we've benefited massively from doing so. If we relinquished the pound, we would be in the same financial shitstorm as the rest of Europe. As it happens, out politicians showed sense and stayed out of it.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

carr wrote:
Boni Boy Blue wrote:
X^2 wrote:
No, it is mandatory, I just skipped, if not all, classes. Had more important things to learn than how to say hello in a country I'll most likely never visit.
[donate][/donate]
carr

Post by carr »

What are the language requirements to complete the A-Levels? (If that is the highest degree of secondary education in the Uk, I'm not sure).
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re:

Post by Gregorovich »

carr wrote:What are the language requirements to complete the A-Levels? (If that is the highest degree of secondary education in the Uk, I'm not sure).
A-levels are English. Up here in Scotland we do Advanced Highers. No language requirement. Same can be said for the year below.
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

We hate the French, why would we want to be able to communicate with them?
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Re:

Post by HugoDisasters »

Bobbyjames wrote:We hate the French, why would we want to be able to communicate with them?
Expressing your hate in their language doubles the excitement and humiliation of whoever you are speaking to.

Nah just kidding :hehe:

I've never been a fan of any European language since i personally feel like their structure is like a pile of shit. And I don't like the sound of French or Spanish in general, so... yeah. :2cool4u:

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Bobbyjames
Cocknosher
First name: Daniel
PSN ID: bobbyjames69
Last.fm Username: cbar05
Twitter: @Daniel_Bartlett

Post by Bobbyjames »

I did a bit of German in high school, that was a funny language. I can't remember any of it though.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Because the german school system is such a bitch, I had to learn english spanish and french and a bit of latin (wich I had for half a year only so I don't know anything about it).

I think I don't need to stress the fact that it wasn't really effective teaching wich left me with bits and pieces of these languages wich makes it a gift and a curse at the same time ( I do understand a lot though).

Anyway... never been a big fan of either of those languages (excluding english). I just don't see the point in learning them. I can't really think of any realistic scenario in wich I will eventually have to use them instead of english.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Huh. I must be different than all y'all since you don't seem to like language-studies. I've studied Swedish (as all Finnish people do), German, Chinese (mandarin), Japanese and of course English. Languages are cool.