Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: Sums & Island

Post by Gregorovich »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:
BackWhereIBelong wrote:If Sum sign with a major record label, like Geffen and literally sell their soul, Geffen will make Sum41 like Adele or One Direction is now, If Sum sign with a minor record label like Epitaph or something, their next album wouldn't have so much sales, example: Hurley - Weezer..
I'm pretty sure Weezer only sold little records because it's a common opinion that they are shite.
Phahaha, wise words.

Honestly I don't know a thing about record labels but Epitaph seems like the obvious choice but we all know Sum 41 never make take the obvious choice.
fuck this signature nonsense
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

Ardi41 wrote:
BackWhereIBelong wrote:If Sum sign with a major record label, like Geffen and literally sell their soul, Geffen will make Sum41 like Adele or One Direction is now, If Sum sign with a minor record label like Epitaph or something, their next album wouldn't have so much sales, example: Hurley - Weezer..
i could give you tons of other examples with bands that sold pretty good with epitaph ^^
Really?, which bands? I really don't know much about it
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

BackWhereIBelong wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
i could give you tons of other examples with bands that sold pretty good with epitaph ^^
bad religion , escape the fate , bring me the horizon , the offspring , falling in reverse , parkway drive , social d ....
with good i don't mean mainstream good of course .
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

Ardi41 wrote:
BackWhereIBelong wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
bad religion , escape the fate , bring me the horizon , the offspring , falling in reverse , parkway drive , social d ....
Oh I forgot that Bad Religion is on Epitaph! and The Offspring isn't on Columbia??
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

BackWhereIBelong wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
BackWhereIBelong wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:
Oh I forgot that Bad Religion is on Epitaph! and The Offspring isn't on Columbia??
they have been with epitaph for their first three records.
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

Offspring definitely did sell mainstream good while they we're on Epitaph. :P Smash has sold 6x Platinum in the US, today I'd guess it's closer to 7x since the 6th Platinum was certificated in 2000. :P