Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Post by Gregorovich »

I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.
cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.
Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.
fuck this signature nonsense
Jeremy Kill
We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Well, like Tomi said, "Nev-ah say nev-aaah" (Justin Bieber voice). They rewrote Subject to Change because they liked the chorus so much. They used an old drum beat from Chuck for Reason to Believe. We may see this song or others pop up in the future in one form or another if Deryck likes the songs enough to finish them.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gregorovich wrote:
Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.
Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
Did I ever tell you how cool that makes you GregOR?
Oh so VERY cool..... :2cool4u:
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

i knew somebody was going to do this.
i followed & liked..

a fan of that songpart for so long!!

title sounds sick
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
What the fuck are you talking about
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about?
Ok, so I guess seventeen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of PUNCUATION!!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

I DO preffer them to come to Sudamerica...

... or a new Live CD... (Sum 41's Live Murder)

How many people here
thinks George W. Bush is a fuckin Moron?!

(they)
BackWhereIBelong
First name: Pato

Post by BackWhereIBelong »

I want "Believe"....and BIME acosutic, and BIME music video, and SBM music video....etc..
This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Hmm, well, you know, some of SBM were ideas that were from Chuck and unfinished things so you never know. Like the rest of us, I of course support this!

You guys could have just created one of those Twititions on Twitter. It's like a petition, but it's on Twitter.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

I tweeted for you! :razz:
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Post by Noreason757 »

Gregorovich wrote:I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.
actually the main reason they scrapped it is because the only copy of the master recording was stolen from the studio, so they decided not to re-record it cause they thought it wasnt there best work anyway. But one great mystery is that either there is someone out there today who has a full never released green day album, or maybe they just scrapped it like you say and were embarrassed at first to say that they made a bunch of bad songs so they created the thief story.....one of the great mysteries of music today i believe. :2cool4u:
X^2
Billy Spleen

Post by X^2 »

If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
+ Does anyone else think the clip sounds a LOT like Radiohead - Karma Police? (I also remember Deryck saying in a interview that Karma Police is a song he would have wanted to write)
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about?
Ok, so I guess seventeen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of PUNCUATION!!
To be fair, it should be an interrobang not a question mark.
[donate][/donate]
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero

Post by Gregorovich »

Noreason757 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.
actually the main reason they scrapped it is because the only copy of the master recording was stolen from the studio, so they decided not to re-record it cause they thought it wasnt there best work anyway. But one great mystery is that either there is someone out there today who has a full never released green day album, or maybe they just scrapped it like you say and were embarrassed at first to say that they made a bunch of bad songs so they created the thief story.....one of the great mysteries of music today i believe. :2cool4u:
Everybody knows that the theft story was just a cover-up. They released most of the unused tracks under the alias of The Network.

And cladam, I left out the question mark because of 'ambiguous inflexion'. When reading sentences with question marks, the brain automatically assumes the sentence is one of query or confusion. Leaving out such punctuation in non-formal writing is used to indicate that the sentence is actually one of disapproval or disinterest. Think twice about calling out an English Lit student/qualified English teacher on their grammar.
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Gregorovich wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:
Everybody knows that the theft story was just a cover-up. They released most of the unused tracks under the alias of The Network.

And cladam, I left out the question mark because of 'ambiguous inflexion'. When reading sentences with question marks, the brain automatically assumes the sentence is one of query or confusion. Leaving out such punctuation in non-formal writing is used to indicate that the sentence is actually one of disapproval or disinterest. Think twice about calling out an English Lit student/qualified English teacher on their grammar.
The egg on his face. :devious:
[donate][/donate]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Boni Boy Blue wrote: To be fair, it should be an interrobang not a question mark.
True, but I've been looking for that button for years now. I still haven't found it. :confusion:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

X^2 wrote:If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
+ Does anyone else think the clip sounds a LOT like Radiohead - Karma Police? (I also remember Deryck saying in a interview that Karma Police is a song he would have wanted to write)
I never listened much to Radiohead, so when I first heard the clip I thought of Muse. They've had some Muse-y moments in A Dark Road Out of Hell, like the parts "In just one life, how can we, live enough to rest in peace" and "take me away, I'm sick of everyone today".
jordidanen95
Bunkface
First name: jordi
Instrument 2: piano

Post by jordidanen95 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:
X^2 wrote:If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
I never listened much to Radiohead, so when I first heard the clip I thought of Muse. They've had some Muse-y moments in A Dark Road Out of Hell, like the parts "In just one life, how can we, live enough to rest in peace" and "take me away, I'm sick of everyone today".
this! :)
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

SumGeek wrote:Hmm, well, you know, some of SBM were ideas that were from Chuck and unfinished things so you never know. Like the rest of us, I of course support this!

You guys could have just created one of those Twititions on Twitter. It's like a petition, but it's on Twitter.
Nice ! I didn't know that these "Twititions" existed ! Thanks for the info, that's always nice to know :happy:
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Oh yes, also Crash was an old song that was written before Screaming Bloody Murder, wasn't it? There's always a chance. Just because Deryck says he doesn't like going through old demos now doesn't mean a few years down the road he won't get curious and just go through a couple demos just out of boredom. I do that from time to time with my recordings. The last time I checked some of them was like a year and a half ago out of boredom. It is a hassle though.