We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Gregorovich on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:40 pm

I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.

cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.


Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Jeremy Kill on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Well, like Tomi said, "Nev-ah say nev-aaah" (Justin Bieber voice). They rewrote Subject to Change because they liked the chorus so much. They used an old drum beat from Chuck for Reason to Believe. We may see this song or others pop up in the future in one form or another if Deryck likes the songs enough to finish them.
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:30 pm

Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.


Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.

Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
Did I ever tell you how cool that makes you GregOR?
Oh so VERY cool..... :2cool4u:
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby jordidanen95 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 pm

i knew somebody was going to do this.
i followed & liked..

a fan of that songpart for so long!!

title sounds sick
User avatar

jordidanen95
Bunkface
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
First name: jordi
Age: 21
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: piano

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Gregorovich on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 am

cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.


Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.

Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
Did I ever tell you how cool that makes you GregOR?
Oh so VERY cool..... :2cool4u:

What the fuck are you talking about
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:59 am

Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.


Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.

Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
Did I ever tell you how cool that makes you GregOR?
Oh so VERY cool..... :2cool4u:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Ok, so I guess seventeen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of PUNCUATION!!
Image
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Charlie on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:19 am

I DO preffer them to come to Sudamerica...


... or a new Live CD... (Sum 41's Live Murder)
Image

How many people here
thinks George W. Bush is a fuckin Moron?!


(they)
Image
User avatar

Charlie
Newbie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 am
Age: 15
Gender:

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby BackWhereIBelong on Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:25 am

I want "Believe"....and BIME acosutic, and BIME music video, and SBM music video....etc..
Image

This time I've had enough
I'm on my own
But i am Back where I Belong
User avatar

BackWhereIBelong
Newbie
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:59 pm
First name: Pato
Age: 18
Gender:
Last.fm Username: Ohreally

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby SumGeek on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:16 am

Hmm, well, you know, some of SBM were ideas that were from Chuck and unfinished things so you never know. Like the rest of us, I of course support this!

You guys could have just created one of those Twititions on Twitter. It's like a petition, but it's on Twitter.
Image
User avatar

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:19 pm
Location: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
First name: Chelsea
Age: 23
Gender:
Twitter: chelsealouanne

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Sum41Ant27 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:27 am

I tweeted for you! :razz:
Image
User avatar

Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
 
Posts: 1477
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Location: Jersey
First name: Anthony
Age: 19
Gender:
360 Gamer Tag: Sum41Ant27

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Noreason757 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:19 am

Gregorovich wrote:I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.


actually the main reason they scrapped it is because the only copy of the master recording was stolen from the studio, so they decided not to re-record it cause they thought it wasnt there best work anyway. But one great mystery is that either there is someone out there today who has a full never released green day album, or maybe they just scrapped it like you say and were embarrassed at first to say that they made a bunch of bad songs so they created the thief story.....one of the great mysteries of music today i believe. :2cool4u:
Image
User avatar

Noreason757
Hooch
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:53 am
First name: Sean
Age: 24
Gender:
PSN ID: NoReason757
Instrument 1: keyboard
Instrument 2: guitar

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby X^2 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:23 am

If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
+ Does anyone else think the clip sounds a LOT like Radiohead - Karma Police? (I also remember Deryck saying in a interview that Karma Police is a song he would have wanted to write)
User avatar

X^2
Billy Spleen
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:13 pm
Location: Finland
Age: 25
Gender:

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Boni on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:41 am

cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:
cladam41 wrote:Well- I'm only in high school. So I suppose.


Because fifteen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of the English language.

Because you waste your time and effort to make yourself look superior to a person who doesnt have as much posts as you do on a website. I look up to you. :happy: I think alot of people should.
Did I ever tell you how cool that makes you GregOR?
Oh so VERY cool..... :2cool4u:

What the fuck are you talking about?

Ok, so I guess seventeen-year-olds aren't expected to have a basic grasp of PUNCUATION!!
Image

To be fair, it should be an interrobang not a question mark.
User avatar

Boni
Administrator
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Scotland
First name: Christopher
Age: 28
Gender:
PSN ID: BoniBoyBlue
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Gregorovich on Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:22 am

Noreason757 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.


actually the main reason they scrapped it is because the only copy of the master recording was stolen from the studio, so they decided not to re-record it cause they thought it wasnt there best work anyway. But one great mystery is that either there is someone out there today who has a full never released green day album, or maybe they just scrapped it like you say and were embarrassed at first to say that they made a bunch of bad songs so they created the thief story.....one of the great mysteries of music today i believe. :2cool4u:

Everybody knows that the theft story was just a cover-up. They released most of the unused tracks under the alias of The Network.

And cladam, I left out the question mark because of 'ambiguous inflexion'. When reading sentences with question marks, the brain automatically assumes the sentence is one of query or confusion. Leaving out such punctuation in non-formal writing is used to indicate that the sentence is actually one of disapproval or disinterest. Think twice about calling out an English Lit student/qualified English teacher on their grammar.
fuck this signature nonsense
User avatar

Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
 
Posts: 3145
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Leicester
First name: Gregor
Age: 21
Gender:
n00b: Jake
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Boni on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:40 am

Gregorovich wrote:
Noreason757 wrote:
Gregorovich wrote:I thought we covered this? There was only one remaining B-side from SBM, which was BIME acoustic. Deryck plans to release that at some point in the future. The other songs, including Believe, were scrapped and never finished because they weren't going to be on the album. Campaigning for the release of a song which was half-recorded in a studio two years ago is like asking Green Day to release Cigarettes and Valentines. If you're not a GD fan, that was the album they recorded before American Idiot, but completely scrapped because it wasn't good enough.


actually the main reason they scrapped it is because the only copy of the master recording was stolen from the studio, so they decided not to re-record it cause they thought it wasnt there best work anyway. But one great mystery is that either there is someone out there today who has a full never released green day album, or maybe they just scrapped it like you say and were embarrassed at first to say that they made a bunch of bad songs so they created the thief story.....one of the great mysteries of music today i believe. :2cool4u:

Everybody knows that the theft story was just a cover-up. They released most of the unused tracks under the alias of The Network.

And cladam, I left out the question mark because of 'ambiguous inflexion'. When reading sentences with question marks, the brain automatically assumes the sentence is one of query or confusion. Leaving out such punctuation in non-formal writing is used to indicate that the sentence is actually one of disapproval or disinterest. Think twice about calling out an English Lit student/qualified English teacher on their grammar.

The egg on his face. :devious:
User avatar

Boni
Administrator
 
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 12:17 pm
Location: Scotland
First name: Christopher
Age: 28
Gender:
PSN ID: BoniBoyBlue
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby ÜBERCUNT on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Boni Boy Blue wrote:To be fair, it should be an interrobang not a question mark.

True, but I've been looking for that button for years now. I still haven't found it. :confusion:
Image
User avatar

ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Location: The library
First name: Sigfried
Age: 12
Gender:
n00b: Me
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Jeremy Kill on Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:37 pm

X^2 wrote:If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
+ Does anyone else think the clip sounds a LOT like Radiohead - Karma Police? (I also remember Deryck saying in a interview that Karma Police is a song he would have wanted to write)

I never listened much to Radiohead, so when I first heard the clip I thought of Muse. They've had some Muse-y moments in A Dark Road Out of Hell, like the parts "In just one life, how can we, live enough to rest in peace" and "take me away, I'm sick of everyone today".
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby jordidanen95 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:09 pm

Jeremy Kill wrote:
X^2 wrote:If Deryck thinks the song has potential I'm quite sure he'll try to finish it for the next album or the one after that.
+ Does anyone else think the clip sounds a LOT like Radiohead - Karma Police? (I also remember Deryck saying in a interview that Karma Police is a song he would have wanted to write)

I never listened much to Radiohead, so when I first heard the clip I thought of Muse. They've had some Muse-y moments in A Dark Road Out of Hell, like the parts "In just one life, how can we, live enough to rest in peace" and "take me away, I'm sick of everyone today".

this! :)
User avatar

jordidanen95
Bunkface
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Location: The Netherlands
First name: jordi
Age: 21
Gender:
Instrument 1: guitar
Instrument 2: piano

Re: We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby 182sins on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:15 pm

SumGeek wrote:Hmm, well, you know, some of SBM were ideas that were from Chuck and unfinished things so you never know. Like the rest of us, I of course support this!

You guys could have just created one of those Twititions on Twitter. It's like a petition, but it's on Twitter.


Nice ! I didn't know that these "Twititions" existed ! Thanks for the info, that's always nice to know :happy:
User avatar

182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
 
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:53 pm
Location: France
First name: Cyril
Age: 23
Gender:
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

We want 'Believe' (Sum 41)

Postby Jeremy Kill on Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh yes, also Crash was an old song that was written before Screaming Bloody Murder, wasn't it? There's always a chance. Just because Deryck says he doesn't like going through old demos now doesn't mean a few years down the road he won't get curious and just go through a couple demos just out of boredom. I do that from time to time with my recordings. The last time I checked some of them was like a year and a half ago out of boredom. It is a hassle though.
User avatar

Jeremy Kill
Moderator
 
Posts: 12879
Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 11:57 pm
Age: 0
Gender:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron