Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Sum 41 Interview - July 16

Post by 182sins »

Hi all,

Sum 41 France will be interviewing the band on July 16 in Toulouse.

We asked our french fans on facebook to post some questions, but we think it would be great to ask questions coming from y'all as well !

All you have to do is post in this thread, and we'll put your questions in our interview.

We'll put the translated interview here once it's done :)
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Re: Sum 41 Interview - July 16

Post by Stef »

music video, when

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by HugoDisasters »

Stef wrote:music video, when
+1

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Jeremy Kill
Sum 41 Interview - July 16

Post by Jeremy Kill »

"Soon..."
"It's already done."
"It's out of our hands."
"Did we mention 'soon'?"

EDIT: I will try and come up with some questions tonight after work possibly!
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

How long are you guys planning on continue the SBM tour for now, and are there are talks already about working on the next album? and are there are new songs at work right now, or did you guys write some new songs during the hiatus from touring ?
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Hentaiman wrote:How long are you guys planning on continue the SBM tour for now, and are there are talks already about working on the next album? and are there are new songs at work right now, or did you guys write some new songs during the hiatus from touring ?
I don't think this is "SBM Tour" anymore. They just love to tour, so they are doing just that, since there aren't plans to work on a new album yet. And the band has said many times that they didn't write anything during the latest hiatus.
Last edited by TomiT14 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by HugoDisasters »

TomiT14 wrote:
Hentaiman wrote:How long are you guys planning on continue the SBM tour for now, and are there are talks already about working on the next album? and are there are new songs at work right now, or did you guys write some new songs during the hiatus from touring ?
I don't think this is "SBM Tour" anymore. They just love to tour, so they are doing just that, since there isn't plans to work on a new album yet. And the band has said many times that they didn't write anything during the latest hiatus.
Yeah, but i think they do a good job giving their excessive touring a spin to it by adding some rare songs or just older songs in general. Would be even better if they did do some exciting new material as well though :D

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Haven't toured North America in a while, are you planning on making a tour in the fall/winter of this year? Or are you afraid no one in America likes you anymore?

Well there's at least a FEW that like you! Me, Jeremy, Heather, tns members I forget the names of :razz:
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Haven't toured North America in a while, are you planning on making a tour in the fall/winter of this year? Or are you afraid no one in America likes you anymore?
Cone said while he took over the AltPress Twitter that right now they're talking about a North American tour, aiming for the end of the year. Nothing's booked yet, but yeah. Let's hope!

Gonna think of some questions for this. When can we send them in by?
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

• Deryck, when you decide to retire your '72 Telecaster Deluxe, can I have it? Or can we trade Telecasters? :wink:
  • Sum 41, who is in charge of your touring schedule? Tell them to visit North America, dammit! :geek:
  • What do you feel the future holds for Sum 41? Anything in specific? :ugeek:
  • How much material was leftover from the Screaming Bloody Murder sessions? Is it likely these songs will appear in the future album(s)?
  • Has the notion of releasing an acoustic album/b-side album/demo track album ever come to mind? Do you think it would be something you would release at the end of Sum 41's career?
  • Knowing what you know now about writing music, is there any song in particular you would rewrite just for the heck of it?
I'm kind of just asking these random questions I've always thought about. Nothing too particular, I guess.
sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

1. would any of you ever consider writing an autobiography? or an autobiography about Sum 41 as a whole?
2. Cone, you have 2 sisters, are you the oldest, middle, or youngest?
3. Deryck how is your back doing?
4. Cone how did you and Shannon meet?
5. Steve how did you and Jessy meet?
6. what song on SBM did you have the most fun recording?
7. what song on SBM means the most to you and why?

that's all I can think of for now
Last edited by sprinks41 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

SumGeek wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote:Haven't toured North America in a while, are you planning on making a tour in the fall/winter of this year? Or are you afraid no one in America likes you anymore?
Cone said while he took over the AltPress Twitter that right now they're talking about a North American tour, aiming for the end of the year. Nothing's booked yet, but yeah. Let's hope!

Gonna think of some questions for this. When can we send them in by?
I remember that, but it's good to ask again just to see if the answer changed, or maybe Steve or Deryck would answer it.
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

You have till july 15 for your questions. However I think i'll be on my phone all day on the 16th, so keep on posting here or on my twitter till we actually do the interview (I don't know the exact time).
Last edited by 182sins on Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

Question : You guys were very stoked to finally play the new songs live ,why did you leave out almost all of them on your current tour ?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:Question : You guys were very stoked to finally play the new songs live ,why did you leave out almost all of them on your current tour ?
First, the tour has just started. They still have 20 shows left on this tour.
Second, this isn't SBM tour anymore. They played a lot of SBM songs already on their last tour, so this is a perfect time to remake their setlists.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:Question : You guys were very stoked to finally play the new songs live ,why did you leave out almost all of them on your current tour ?
First, the tour has just started. They still have 20 shows left on this tour.
Second, this isn't SBM tour anymore. They played a lot of SBM songs already on their last tour, so this is a perfect time to remake their setlists.
i am most certainly aware of these facts, but still , even if this is not the SBM tour anymore (wich by the way is a very strange thing to do , cause they didn't really tour the album yet), they really were really excited to play the new songs and now they don't even play ADROH (wich they wanted to play very badly) , or BIME or Crash or Baby or...
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:i am most certainly aware of these facts, but still , even if this is not the SBM tour anymore (wich by the way is a very strange thing to do , cause they didn't really tour the album yet), they really were really excited to play the new songs and now they don't even play ADROH (wich they wanted to play very badly) , or BIME or Crash or Baby or...
WHAT???!!!

Didn't tour the album yet?? Are you kidding me? They toured it already in Europe last Summer and in Asia few months ago. They are now in Europe again, so why not shuffle their setlist? I'm sure that if/when they go to tour North/South America, they would play more SBM songs. But Europe has had a SBM tour already, so there's no need to play the same songs again.

And again, they've only played like 3 shows, there are still 20 shows left to play different songs. They've already played Holy Images once, so I think they'll play the whole thing later aswell. Although Cone said it's not his favorite to play live.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:i am most certainly aware of these facts, but still , even if this is not the SBM tour anymore (wich by the way is a very strange thing to do , cause they didn't really tour the album yet), they really were really excited to play the new songs and now they don't even play ADROH (wich they wanted to play very badly) , or BIME or Crash or Baby or...
WHAT???!!!

Didn't tour the album yet?? Are you kidding me? They toured it already in Europe last Summer and in Asia few months ago. They are now in Europe again, so why not shuffle their setlist? I'm sure that if/when they go to tour North/South America, they would play more SBM songs. But Europe has had a SBM tour already, so there's no need to play the same songs again.

And again, they've only played like 3 shows, there are still 20 shows left to play different songs. They've already played Holy Images once, so I think they'll play the whole thing later aswell. Although Cone said it's not his favorite to play live.
they STILL didn't REALLY tour the album yet ... they just played in europe and asia , just like you said ... how is that supposed to be touring your new album ?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Ardi41 wrote:they STILL didn't REALLY tour the album yet ... they just played in europe and asia , just like you said ... how is that supposed to be touring your new album ?
So what's your definition of touring an album? For example, Gob started to tour their last album 1 year after the release date, and they only played few shows in Canada. I don't think there's a definition for what "touring an album" means. It's up to the band.

Sums have spent 6 weeks in Europe and 3 weeks in Asia to tour the album. You have to be very ignorant to say they haven't toured SBM yet. True, they haven't toured North or South America (yet?), but do they need to? I mean, of course both the fans and the band would want that, but that is not necessary to accomplish before you can say they have finished touring SBM.

Also, this is their second time in Europe after SBM release. So, they've already had an SBM tour in Europe, so why not having an Old Songs tour this time around? Like I said, whenever they decide to tour in America, they will probably play the SBM songs again. But even if that didn't happen, you could still say they have toured the album.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco

Post by Ardi41 »

TomiT14 wrote:
Ardi41 wrote:they STILL didn't REALLY tour the album yet ... they just played in europe and asia , just like you said ... how is that supposed to be touring your new album ?
So what's your definition of touring an album? For example, Gob started to tour their last album 1 year after the release date, and they only played few shows in Canada. I don't think there's a definition for what "touring an album" means. It's up to the band.

Sums have spent 6 weeks in Europe and 3 weeks in Asia to tour the album. You have to be very ignorant to say they haven't toured SBM yet. True, they haven't toured North or South America (yet?), but do they need to? I mean, of course both the fans and the band would want that, but that is not necessary to accomplish before you can say they have finished touring SBM.

Also, this is their second time in Europe after SBM release. So, they've already had an SBM tour in Europe, so why not having an Old Songs tour this time around? Like I said, whenever they decide to tour in America, they will probably play the SBM songs again. But even if that didn't happen, you could still say they have toured the album.
dude what is your problem ^^ i was just asking them why they switched back at older songs , cause they were really excited to play all the new ones ...why am ignorant ? I did not say they didn't tour the album , i said they didn't really do it , it felt kinda rushed ... i don't know , it feels like it was no proper album tour , cause they didn't really play that many shows to be honest.