Moderator: Jeremy Kill

Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Re: I would rather have had Cone leave Sum 41

Post by Ardi41 »

well when i was on stage with them , cone was like the only one that would really care and talk to me and be nice ^^ since then he's my favorite band member ^^
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

kILLDR3n wrote:Over Dave anyday.

To be honest if he ever left I really wouldn't care. Boring dude, boring position in the band, boring, boring, boring.
Tom should have taken over bass and Dave stayed on lead. That would be a cooler Sum 41.

Nuff fucking said.

- This post will probably make a lot of people mad.

im glad dave left and not cone. im glad sum 41 came out with Underclass Hero and Screaming Bloody Murder. Dave wanted to leave (which to me could not have been a more moronic choice) so he did, but whatever! the band moved on and its over so who the fuck cares.
Last edited by Resident Skumfuk on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Resident Skumfuk wrote: im glad dave left and not cone. im glad sum 41 came out with Underclass Hero and Screaming Bloody Murder. Dave wanted to leave (which to me could not have been a more moronic choice) so he did, but whatever! the band moved on and its over so who the fuck cares.
How is doing what he really wants moronic lol? And the people talking about it obviously care...
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

Tyler. wrote:
Resident Skumfuk wrote: im glad dave left and not cone. im glad sum 41 came out with Underclass Hero and Screaming Bloody Murder. Dave wanted to leave (which to me could not have been a more moronic choice) so he did, but whatever! the band moved on and its over so who the fuck cares.
How is doing what he really wants moronic lol? And the people talking about it obviously care...
it's just dumb he left the band! you're in a successful band with your best friends and you leave to pursue your own interests? i mean why not form brown brigade and organ thieves on the side... see them fail horribly then return to reality and be in a good band.. sum 41. i just dont get it one bit.
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

I dunno, maybe his heart wasn't completely in the Sums any more, there's no use doing something you're not 100% into. I guess it's like relationships, if you're not 100% there, you shouldn't be there at all. His other bands would never fail in his eyes I guess, so long as he's happy then they're a success.

I remember something a long time ago about him saying he wouldn't mind returning to the Sums, I'm sure he's thought about whether it was the right choice a lot, but by now it obviously was the right choice for him.

Money and fame isn't on the top of the list for most musicians, it's just doing what you love.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Tyler. wrote:I dunno, maybe his heart wasn't completely in the Sums any more, there's no use doing something you're not 100% into. I guess it's like relationships, if you're not 100% there, you shouldn't be there at all. His other bands would never fail in his eyes I guess, so long as he's happy then they're a success.

I remember something a long time ago about him saying he wouldn't mind returning to the Sums, I'm sure he's thought about whether it was the right choice a lot, but by now it obviously was the right choice for him.

Money and fame isn't on the top of the list for most musicians, it's just doing what you love.
I don't remember where he said it, but sometime after the release of SBM he admitted he regrets leaving the Sums. But he also said that it felt like the right choice at the time, so.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

TomiT14 wrote:
Tyler. wrote:I dunno, maybe his heart wasn't completely in the Sums any more, there's no use doing something you're not 100% into. I guess it's like relationships, if you're not 100% there, you shouldn't be there at all. His other bands would never fail in his eyes I guess, so long as he's happy then they're a success.

I don't remember where he said it, but sometime after the release of SBM he admitted he regrets leaving the Sums. But he also said that it felt like the right choice at the time, so.
fansiteconnection chat with dave wrote:joaco: do you regret the fact of leaving sum 41 sometimes?
Dave Brownsound: I think If I didn't have regrets about leaving I wouldn't have such good feelings about my time there. It's kind of a bittersweet trade off.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
fansiteconnection chat with dave wrote:joaco: do you regret the fact of leaving sum 41 sometimes?
Dave Brownsound: I think If I didn't have regrets about leaving I wouldn't have such good feelings about my time there. It's kind of a bittersweet trade off.
Fuck this. Seems like I'm about to be replaced as the sources-from-the-past position. :glad:
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

He also PM'd one of the boardmembers on Youtube and said that he'd love to come back but only if he was asked. Which seemed a bit strange to me seeing as he's the one who walked in the first place
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

fergal41 wrote:He also PM'd one of the boardmembers on Youtube and said that he'd love to come back but only if he was asked. Which seemed a bit strange to me seeing as he's the one who walked in the first place
you realize how much you loved something when you don't have it anymore
Tyler.
Chuck

Post by Tyler. »

TomiT14 wrote: I don't remember where he said it, but sometime after the release of SBM he admitted he regrets leaving the Sums. But he also said that it felt like the right choice at the time, so.
Yea, maybe if he didn't leave then, it would've been sour a few years later and he'd never want to think about the Sums ever again.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

maybe they just said that dave was the one who wanted to leave but in reality it was him beeing kicked out because deryck couldn't get along with him .. and so they just made up this story and gave dave some money so he wouldn't say anything about it ... *conspiracy keeanu OFF*
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I think of Steve and Cone as equal with the band and Dave on a higher level with Deryck. But I think that Sum 41 wouldn't be much the same without him, but no one really here's the bass like the guitar so I agree. Dave over Cone any days. Cone is still a cool guy.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Im not happy about Dave leaving the band, at all. I AM happy that he followed his heart instead of being a jerk and only staying in Sum 41 for the money or something....That really says alot about the guy :happy:

But honestly- Daves guitar solo's were cool and all, but- its just not "the highlight of Sum 41" for me. It never was. Im not into an album that has like 5 minute guitar solo's in every song in which there just jizzing all over the fretboard. I do prefer written melodic solo's with a "theme". I'd take SBM guitar solo over 88 guitar solo any day! The Hell song solo > The bitter end solo! I know it may be weird- but thats how i like guitar solos.

As far as production goes: I cant help but thinking Derycks an asshole sometimes, but i know and i believe that he's trying to make the best record for us fans that he could. Could you imagine SBM having a tracklist full of gob songs and cones "country" songs? I'd rather kill myself! (not that i dont like either of the two) Deryck IS Sum 41's studio side its just the truth! but for some reason it'd suck if he made a solo album. It wouldnt feel right.

Cone's really cool! :2cool4u: So what? he doesnt go crazy EVERY day- he's probably the smartest of the band. I see cone as the bond of the band (and the universe) without cone, everything would just fall apart. There's just something about his existence that makes me have faith in Sum 41. I personally cant imagine a Sum 41 without Cone. (Stevo and Deryck too of course) but ESPECIALLY cone!
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

blackhawk1105 wrote:I'm getting so sick and tired of people saying they want Dave back/ wish he never left! He's never coming back. GET OVER IT!

Cone has never really been a loud guy but who cares, neither was Dave. Since when are band members required to be loud and drunk all the time? He has been one of their best friends all the time and that's what makes the band work, they're all different but they work sonwell together.

Cone also has his takes on the music and as you should know, one of his songs was a bonus track. We're the same is a good song but it didn't really fit the album, I don't even think you can compare ot to bydwk and tfytg. So that's why we don't see that much songs from cone getting released.

As for Deryck: the guy wrote almost all of the songs and he's the fucking producer, it's obvious that he's gonna say he doesn't like certain parts that cone came up with. He wrote those songs with a certain sound/vibe etc. In his head, so he wants certain parts to sound the way he had in mind. Besides, Cone also has his take on his parts, like he said: 'D has his takes on it and I have my takes on it, we're doing what's best for the song.'
It's weird that you guys are saying that Deryck's an asshole cause he always tells cone to do what he wrote instead of what cone wants, that happened twice in the makkng of UH and that's it. And in one of the SBM studio updates you see Cone choosing a bass for a certain part of the song, Deryck didn't agree with him at first but let him do what he wanted anyway.
So we've seen D tellin Cone what to do twice(1 of which they already agreed on how to play it before, cone just played it different while recording) and D letting Cone do what he wants once. So you guys got to see 3(2-1) of those kinda events over the recording of 2 fucking albums and you're saying Deryck's an egocentric asshole or whatever.

Tom wrote SBM and you guys are saying that D is an asshole cause he didn't let Tom write more songs for this album. That's probably because -Like Cone's songs- Tom's songs don't really fit Sum 41's style. Deryck always said that this album sounds completely different but still sounds like something Sum 41 would do. He asked Tom if he had some songs to bring to the table, so it's even possible that Tom only came up with one song.
D rewrote some stuff to make it sound like a Sum 41 song and wrote the lyrics cause Tom hadn't written any. I don't know about you guys but I'm paying for a Sum 41 album with Sum 41 songs on it, not for GOB songs(I do like them) and I like my songs with vocals. Shame on Deryck for making those songs sound the way they're supposed to sound.

As for the sound of their last 2 albums, Greig Nori probably had way more influence on that than Dave did, so why aren't you bitching about Greig Nori leaving the band? UH definitely was a good album, the only song I don't like is confusion and frustration cause it's kinda generic. It was written the way it is cause Deryck was in a happy state of mind so shame on him for gettin married and living a great life. He also said he didn't want to produce both albums but they couldn't find a good producer for those albums(cause they can't work with Greig Nori anymore).
And those saying that Deryck's a terrible producer should read some reviews, most of the reviewers that claim Sum 41/SBM are terrible also said the producing on that album was great.

I may or may not have forgotten something but this is all I'm gonna write on my iPhone for now.
Looks like this post is a long one as well. I have a similar excuse: I just woke up and I'm getting fed up with these pointless threads/ arguments about Dave.

Edit: this may not be the most coherent post but It's hard enough to write on an iPhone as it is
I couldn't agree more with you man, I'm getting sick of it too, get over it folks, he's not coming back
JesterofSort
First name: Damien
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Piano
Last.fm Username: JesterofSort

Post by JesterofSort »

tbh its been like 6 years or so since dave left you would think people would have got over it by now, plus regardless if dave was still there i think UH would have turned out the same, cause as people are saying what deryck wants the music to sound like thats how it will be.
Look In My Eyes, Tell Me Im Alright
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

This thread is no sense, if my grandpa had had 3 balls and 4 legs he would have been a flipper...
I'm my worst enemy
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I'm tired of this topic, so I don't feel like giving it any input.

But I say this. I would be even more sad if Tom left now and was replaced by Dave. Seriously.
Tom loves being in Sum 41, and the rest of the band love Tom being with them. I wouldn't want that to be changed. Tom has become a vital part of the band imo, even if he doesn't do as many interviews.
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

TomiT14 wrote:I'm tired of this topic, so I don't feel like giving it any input.

But I say this. I would be even more sad if Tom left now and was replaced by Dave. Seriously.
Tom loves being in Sum 41, and the rest of the band love Tom being with them. I wouldn't want that to be changed. Tom has become a vital part of the band imo, even if he doesn't do as many interviews.
+ Dave isn't a transvestite
fuck this signature nonsense
Sickore
Billy Spleen
First name: Justyna
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: FiFty_B
Twitter: j_sickore

Post by Sickore »

TomiT14 wrote:I'm tired of this topic, so I don't feel like giving it any input.

THIS!