sum 41 meeting

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

krivco
First name: Peter

sum 41 meeting

Post by krivco »

I met Steve and Tom on Carl's Bridge in Prague in the middle of the day few hours before their show in Lucerna music bar two years ago. I shaked Toms hand and that STevo offer me his and his "Hi" sounds in my ears till now. I was shoked, I have no photo or sign. I was not able to say one whole sentence. My sister told them only "Hi" and then "Bye". I have never believed that something like that can happens to me. I alwas talk to bands after their shows, some of foreing countries, e.g. Rezurec from LA or The Adicts from UK, when they played here in Slovakia, but when I met Sums...I was speekless, but it is really good story I never forgot, lol=D

I believe there are some people who met Sums too. What was your fellings, what have you done?
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: sum 41 meeting

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

i never met them. If i did,........ i'd be dead :happy:....with blood in my eyes and jizz in my pants :happy:
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

itd be pretty badass to meet them! any true fan's dream come true
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

I've yet to abuse the tns twitter to ask to meet up.
[donate][/donate]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:I've yet to abuse the tns twitter to ask to meet up.
V already tried that.. No response
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

krivco wrote:I met Steve and Tom on Carl's Bridge in Prague in the middle of the day few hours before their show in Lucerna music bar two years ago.
You were in Lucerna too? Which date?

So many TNSers in Prague, and none of us knew about it. :glad:
Ardi41
Dr. Rocco
First name: Ardi
Instrument 2: Magic Stick

Post by Ardi41 »

krivco wrote: I believe there are some people who met Sums too. What was your fellings, what have you done?
well i didn't really meet them backstage or whatever but they dragged me onstage and i was allowed to watch the whole show there :D (i have some videos if someones interested i can upload them .. it's an intersting perspective of the show^^)
cone came to me and gave me high fives and a pick and talked to me and stuff during the breaks between the songs. the other members not that much but after the show they all came and joined hands with me and stevo gave me a his wristband .. and that was it basically .. i'm so pissed off about myself that i didn't actually talk to them and asked them if i can make a picture with them .. i was just so freaking excited in this moment ..
krivco

Post by krivco »

TomiT14 wrote:
krivco wrote:I met Steve and Tom on Carl's Bridge in Prague in the middle of the day few hours before their show in Lucerna music bar two years ago.

on their first show...we came to prague 6 a.m. and went home 6 a.m. at next day. It was about 800 km away from there. I live in the eastern Slovakia. There we are going group of 6 people. This meeting on Carl's Bridge was something amazing because it was not planed (I tried to write to Cone, he answered me 2 times that meeting probably can be, ask a manager but 2 weeks befeore the show he never asnwered and that meeting fell =/). So I have a memory from bridge=)
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

All you lucky people make me jealous.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

krivco wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

on their first show...we came to prague 6 a.m. and went home 6 a.m. at next day. It was about 800 km away from there. I live in the eastern Slovakia. There we are going group of 6 people. This meeting on Carl's Bridge was something amazing because it was not planed (I tried to write to Cone, he answered me 2 times that meeting probably can be, ask a manager but 2 weeks befeore the show he never asnwered and that meeting fell =/). So I have a memory from bridge=)
The first show? Come on! You should've stayed at the venue after the show! I talked to Tom for over an hour at the same spot where I watched the show! :glad:
krivco

Post by krivco »

TomiT14 wrote:
krivco wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

The first show? Come on! You should've stayed at the venue after the show! I talked to Tom for over an hour at the same spot where I watched the show! :glad:
at the right side of the stage about in the third row, then I have to moved back=D. Yes I talked to Tom too, I have a photo with him and some of my friends
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

krivco wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
krivco wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

at the right side of the stage about in the third row, then I have to moved back=D. Yes I talked to Tom too, I have a photo with him and some of my friends
post it, son!!!
krivco

Post by krivco »

cladam41 wrote: post it, son!!!
from left: My very good friend, my sister, Tom Thaker and me

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6708 ... 691264.jpg[/imgwidth]

and this is a ticket with sign of tom

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1039 ... 012649.jpg[/imgwidth]
Last edited by krivco on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
krivco

Post by krivco »

TomiT14 wrote:

Did you really come from Finland to Prague to see them live? Or you are not from Finland really?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

krivco wrote:
cladam41 wrote: post it, son!!!
from left: My very good friend, my sister, Tom Thaker and me

Click to view the fullsize image.http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6708 ... 691264.jpg[/imgwidth]
Did I take this picture??? :ohshiz:

Jeez fuck!
Vash15
First name: Daniel
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by Vash15 »

Depends on the member.

Tom - Tell him I love Gob and he's an awesome musician, congratulate him on making it with the Sums
Cone - Draw comparisons between him and my own band's bassist
Steve - Probably prank some old ladies
Deryck - Oh man, tough one, if it were in a relaxed atmosphere where I knew he'd be, I'd probably bring a guitar and ask if he'd want to have an acoustic jam, maybe ask if he'd like to sing along to Noots or something we haven't heard a million times while I play. I think my top priority though would be asking him about how he writes, tips for writing great riffs and melodies, maybe smack him up a bit for being such a drunk lately (but probably not, I'd hate to fuck up his back again :P )
krivco

Post by krivco »

TomiT14 wrote:

Jeez fuck!
you??? are you joking?...are you really from Finland?
Last edited by krivco on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Post by Heather »

krivco wrote:I believe there are some people who met Sums too. What was your fellings, what have you done?
a summary.....

first meet up: air condition, vip bathrooms, lots of waiting, nice security, sound check, met guys, more waiting, front of stage by Cone during set, more waiting, talked to Steve and Cone, met a donkey, backstage during Offspring set with Cone, met Todd Morse, more waiting, talked to Deryck, drove home happy.

second meet up: 100+ deg F, talked to Matt, waiting/got merch, talked to Tom, set in on interviews with Steve and Cone, invited on bus, talked to Deryck, met Jessy Jocz, heard new songs, talked to Dan, met Byron McMackin, minor heat stroke, missed first song, running from mean security dude, took a kid's pic with band, yelled at D to get out of the way of a car, back on bus, camera dies, drove home sick.

I dunno, I never envisioned what it'd be like to meet them and my experiences were certainly interesting
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

krivco wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:

Jeez fuck!
you??? are you joking?...are you really from Finland?
No joke. I actually remember taking this pic! :glad:
Damn, this is cool! :silly:

And yes, I'm from Finland. I tend to travel to see Sum 41 shows, since they never come to my country (excluding the Eastpak tour last year).
krivco

Post by krivco »

TomiT14 wrote: No joke. I actually remember taking this pic! :glad:
Damn, this is cool! :silly:

And yes, I'm from Finland. I tend to travel to see Sum 41 shows, since they never come to my country (excluding the Eastpak tour last year).
Wait. Did you take this photo or did you see how someone was taking this photo?

and I went to prague becuase of them..about 800 km as I said before...But this summer they come to topfest in Slovakia which is only 300 km from my hometown=D
nice from you to travel so long distance to see them
Last edited by krivco on Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.