How did you find Sum 41?

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Re: How did you find Sum 41?

Post by SumGeek »

The first time (That I recall) hearing The Sums was in the movie Bring It On probably in the year 2000/2001. It wasn't til years later I stumbled across them online and watched their music videos when I got really into them which was around 5 years ago or so.
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I didn't like Sum 41 when I first knew of them.
Same here.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

Saw my brother watching the hell song video and became obsessed with it. Started listening to some more of there songs but didnt get into it. About 3-4 years later I thought to myself "what happened to that sum 41 band?". Searched it on the Internet and found out they were about to release underclass hero, so I bought that and became hooked.

Probably the only one here who became hooked from UH
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
Rockgoere41
First name: Doro

Post by Rockgoere41 »

It's a funny story how I found Sum 41 ....
I was 11 & I loved (shame on me but I was 11 ok? Ok!) S Club 7 & I asked my parents for there new album & my parents wanted to buy it but they forgot the name of the Band while they tried to find it. They only reminded about the name started with an S and ended with a number ... so I got Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler
At the first moment I was really pissed off but than I listened to it and fell in love ... thats now 10,5 years ago (JESUS! I'm in love with Sum 41 MY HALF FUCKING LIFE O__O)
btw: my parents hated them for this mistake haha
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Rockgoere41 wrote:It's a funny story how I found Sum 41 ....
I was 11 & I loved (shame on me but I was 11 ok? Ok!) S Club 7 & I asked my parents for there new album & my parents wanted to buy it but they forgot the name of the Band while they tried to find it. They only reminded about the name started with an S and ended with a number ... so I got Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler
At the first moment I was really pissed off but than I listened to it and fell in love ... thats now 10,5 years ago (JESUS! I'm in love with Sum 41 MY HALF FUCKING LIFE O__O)
Haha nice story! You should bow down to your parents for their bad memory lol :P jk!
Gregorovich
Underclass Hero
First name: Gregor
Last.fm Username: grgrlove

Post by Gregorovich »

Got made a mix tape when I was young. In Too Deep and Fat Lip were my two favourite songs on it. I looked them up again years later and instantly bought all their CDs.

Edit: Oh, just realised this is an old thread. Same post on the first page :L
fuck this signature nonsense
Rockgoere41
First name: Doro

Post by Rockgoere41 »

SickofEveryone wrote:
Rockgoere41 wrote:It's a funny story how I found Sum 41 ....
Haha nice story! You should bow down to your parents for their bad memory lol :P jk!
I love(d) them for this "mistake" but they hate(ed) them for it
Queso Man
King of Contradiction
First name: Bryant
360 Gamer Tag: Queso Man
Twitter: Queso_Man

Post by Queso Man »

I don't know when I first heard them, but the first time I listened to them knowing that they were Sum 41 was in 2005 on a mutual friend's myspace page. It was Some Say. I would continually go back to the page just to hear the song, and eventually I decided to check out the band and their other songs. I downloaded what I could easily find, back in the limewire days. By 2006 I think I had a decent amount of their songs, and during a family road trip out west I pretty much listened to them non-stop and began to identify the different styles of the songs and figured there must be different albums. After that summer I began to organize the songs and build the entire collection. And once I was a fan, boom, there came Underclass Hero.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

My old bro listening to Machine Gun and What We're All About whenever he gave me a lift somewhere when I was younger.
Jeremy Kill
How did you find Sum 41?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

RileSum wrote:Saw my brother watching the hell song video and became obsessed with it. Started listening to some more of there songs but didnt get into it. About 3-4 years later I thought to myself "what happened to that sum 41 band?". Searched it on the Internet and found out they were about to release underclass hero, so I bought that and became hooked.

Probably the only one here who became hooked from UH
I think there's two others on this forum who became fans from Underclass Hero.
I have No Brains
First name: Joe
PSN ID: JRC99

Post by I have No Brains »

Kinda weird,If any one remembers Test Drive Eve of Destruction(Driven To Destruction for Europeans),it had Still Waiting,and a couple years later I found it on iTunes and just got Infected (heheh)
Last edited by I have No Brains on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SUM 41-SINCE 1996
stevie486
Billy Spleen
First name: Stevie
Instrument 2: Vocals

Post by stevie486 »

I saw "In Too Deep" video on TV and liked the song, then one my teacher's at school talked about them cos I said was getting into rock music, he must have got album "All Killer No Filler" then I decided right, I really like this band, going to buy the album, then I fell in love with Sum 41, still one of my most favorite's today, think "All Killer No Filler" was my first rock CD, am sure, lol