Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Do you think..

Post by fergal41 »

...Deryck will ever write an autobiography?

I think he's definitely interesting and creative enough to do so at some point way down the line.

Do you think he would, and would you buy it? If so, what would you like to see discussed in there?
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Re: Do you think..

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

fergal41 wrote:...Deryck will ever write an autobiography?

I think he's definitely interesting and creative enough to do so at some point way down the line.

Do you think he would, and would you buy it? If so, what would you like to see discussed in there?
hell yea i'd buy it! as for the book- just like his life story and perception on creativity and the events in his life. And Sum 41 story's too. just....EVERYTHING! idk if it'll happen though! he's really lazy. But he's extremely intrspective
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

I don't think he will. But if he did I fucking my that! I'd even spend $40 bucks on it!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

I'd pay 100$
totally.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

HugoDisasters wrote:I'd pay 100$
totally.
If the book was like 500 pages then I would pay that much. :hehe:
Jake
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Jake :O
Twitter: broughjc

Post by Jake »

Is he able to write?
<3 Sumfan

Donate to TNS:
[donate][/donate]
SickofEveryone
Chuck

Post by SickofEveryone »

Jake wrote:Is he able to write?
He has to be able to, he writes lyrics.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I don't think Deryck himself would come up with the idea of creating an autobiography. I don't think perceives his life to be as interesting as we all think it would be. I mean, the guy doesn't give himself enough credit for what he does in the band; he's a better guitar player and songwriter than he actually thinks.

That being said, I'd still buy it. I love reading interviews and interesting facts on the bands/musicians I support, especially if it's anything related to The Sums.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

SickofEveryone wrote:
HugoDisasters wrote:I'd pay 100$
totally.
If the book was like 500 pages then I would pay that much. :hehe:
I don't care about the content, fuck everybody.

Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i'd get the audiobook, if it was read by Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, or James Earl Jones.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

2712 wrote:i'd get the audiobook, if it was read by Samuel L Jackson, Morgan Freeman, or James Earl Jones.
Yeaaah :hehe:

Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I'd like him to. It'd be nice to read his true thoughts on paper. Like Adam said, he's quite introspective and it'd be interesting to know what was going on in his head when he was writing certain albums, break down of relationships with Dave, Greig and Avril... etc.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy (at this age) to accomplish something like that or have the motivation or the urge to tell people about his life. Maybe once he's in his 60's or something he'll come around.
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill

Post by HugoDisasters »

Jeremy Kill wrote:I'd like him to. It'd be nice to read his true thoughts on paper. Like Adam said, he's quite introspective and it'd be interesting to know what was going on in his head when he was writing certain albums, break down of relationships with Dave, Greig and Avril... etc.

He doesn't seem like the type of guy (at this age) to accomplish something like that or have the motivation or the urge to tell people about his life. Maybe once he's in his 60's or something he'll come around.
Yeah, I'd be excited for anything he would write- himself or something else.

sprinks41
Walking Disaster
First name: Jim
Instrument 2: Attempted Vocals

Post by sprinks41 »

SumGeek wrote:I don't think Deryck himself would come up with the idea of creating an autobiography. I don't think perceives his life to be as interesting as we all think it would be. I mean, the guy doesn't give himself enough credit for what he does in the band; he's a better guitar player and songwriter than he actually thinks.

That being said, I'd still buy it. I love reading interviews and interesting facts on the bands/musicians I support, especially if it's anything related to The Sums.
this exactly
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

He won't. I'd buy it though.
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

I think that there's a couple of things to question in regards to the possibility of Deryck writing an autobiography.

First, who would read it? Deryck most likely would only write something like that if he needed money or something, and gosh, I doubt it would be a best seller... I mean, maybe it'd be cool for the Sum 41 fan, but he's nowhere near the size of x rocker from the 70s, in terms of popularity. I just don't think it would be marketable enough to get anywhere.

I could only come up with one more reason why he may not do it... is he big enough to be able to write an autobiography? This is a band that has like 3 or 4 legitimate "hits" here... this isn't Blink-182. Any of those three members of Blink could write an autobiography and it would be a decent seller. This is a band that, while it has a large fanbase, seems to be coasting out of the limelight these days. In the early-mid 2000s, you saw Deryck partying with hollywood's finest... you saw Sum 41 at the top of their game. Now, they're kind of just fading... if he wrote an autobiography, he may be viewed negatively by the media for some stupid reason. Maybe they don't think he is "important" enough to write one. Yaknow? Like, when you think of someone who writes an autobiography, you think of someone who did something huge... someone who invented something, or someone who was a political leader. I don't really think of a middle-class rocker (I call it middle-class, in terms of popularity... Sum 41 is a popular band, but they're a step down from the elite artists in terms of popularity) that really has produced just a few songs gathering mainstream attention.

Maybe they'll get that award and it can help them or something... I don't know! Maybe I underestimate them.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

Big Sean wrote:I think that there's a couple of things to question in regards to the possibility of Deryck writing an autobiography.

First, who would read it? Deryck most likely would only write something like that if he needed money or something, and gosh, I doubt it would be a best seller... I mean, maybe it'd be cool for the Sum 41 fan, but he's nowhere near the size of x rocker from the 70s, in terms of popularity. I just don't think it would be marketable enough to get anywhere.

I could only come up with one more reason why he may not do it... is he big enough to be able to write an autobiography? This is a band that has like 3 or 4 legitimate "hits" here... this isn't Blink-182. Any of those three members of Blink could write an autobiography and it would be a decent seller. This is a band that, while it has a large fanbase, seems to be coasting out of the limelight these days. In the early-mid 2000s, you saw Deryck partying with hollywood's finest... you saw Sum 41 at the top of their game. Now, they're kind of just fading... if he wrote an autobiography, he may be viewed negatively by the media for some stupid reason. Maybe they don't think he is "important" enough to write one. Yaknow? Like, when you think of someone who writes an autobiography, you think of someone who did something huge... someone who invented something, or someone who was a political leader. I don't really think of a middle-class rocker (I call it middle-class, in terms of popularity... Sum 41 is a popular band, but they're a step down from the elite artists in terms of popularity) that really has produced just a few songs gathering mainstream attention.

Maybe they'll get that award and it can help them or something... I don't know! Maybe I underestimate them.
well said man....REALLY well said
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Big Sean wrote:I think that there's a couple of things to question in regards to the possibility of Deryck writing an autobiography.

yeah, well said, but one thing is out of place, I mean, not in your post, it's all the truth, but in the minds of people ... cause they think that popularity is what matters, but that's bullshit, Britney was more popular than any other bitch back in the day, and what would she write in her book ? ''You know, I met a few rich guys, they paid someone to write my songs, I recorded them and then I suddenly became famous, I had to show off my pussy while getting out of a car, kiss Madonna and all that stuff.'' I mean, yes, many people would buy that book, and read it word by word, but that only questions sanity ...

what I wanna say is, that does it matter what a bunch of dickheads in the music industry think about Deryck ? I mean, I agree that his life wouldn't be any interesting for me and for many people, so the book wouldn't be popular, but when I see what is popular these days, I get a strong urge in a fragile moment, an urge to shoot myself right between my eyes ... popularity should no longer be the judge of good music, many years ago, the popular stuff was decent and cool, like, I don't know, The Beatles, The Hollies or The Animals, and also great music like Led Zeppelin or The Clash or Pearl Jam would get popular, but now, shit gets popular while the good bands are forced to work two jobs, music for fun and some other jobs to make money
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge