Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Guest appearances

Post by TomiT14 »

Now that we're digging up some old stuff, I decided to bring these up again.

One of my favorite bands back in the day was Treble Charger. Most of you should know this band by name already, but if not, the band's frontman was Greig Nori, the long-time producer and manager for Sum 41.

Well, their last album Detox had a single called Hundred Million. In the booklet, Deryck Whibley has been credited for "additional vocals" on this song along with Ben Cook, the co-writer for We're All To Blame. I've tried, but I've failed to find the part where Deryck's voice has been used. So my question is, can you find Deryck's voice in this song?

Also, the video features the guys of Sum 41, along with Gob and Avril.
Another one. Back in the day Deryck appeared on a video by the cover band Me First And Gimme Gimmes, along with his then-current gf Paris Hilton, and Cone's future wife Shannon. Also featuring are Kris Roe (aka The Ataris), Mike Dirnt from Green Day, Andrew W.K. and many others.
To me, the part Deryck "sings" in the video sounds like his own voice. His part's voice sounds slightly different from the main voice imo. So my question in this one is, is it only me, or could Deryck have sung his part (1:05) on the record too?
Heather
First name: Heather
Instrument 2: guitar
Twitter: @HMac41

Re: Guest appearances

Post by Heather »

so funny seeing that Treble Charger video again, and Toms ass. I couldn't pick out D's voice
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

fenderrocks wrote:so funny seeing that Treble Charger video again, and Toms ass. I couldn't pick out D's voice
Haha,lol. I couldn't either, I thought he was just in the video not the song...?
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I sometimes see that Treble Charger video on tv from time to time. It's a good tune! not to mention all the artists featured in the video: Particularly The Sums!

What about Iggy Pop?
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

SumGeek wrote:I sometimes see that Treble Charger video on tv from time to time. It's a good tune! not to mention all the artists featured in the video: Particularly The Sums!

What about Iggy Pop?
The song with Iggy is awesome, the best of Sum 41 related songs not by The Sums imo. There you can hear Deryck's vocals clearly, unlike in Hundred Million. :sosad:
Jeremy Kill
Guest appearances

Post by Jeremy Kill »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Little Know It All was originally going to be a Sum 41 song, right? Then Iggy called Deryck to do a collab and Deryck just used that song for it? Then Iggy wrote they lyrics or something like that.
RileSum
Billy Spleen
First name: Riley
Instrument 2: Guitar Hero Guitar

Post by RileSum »

I love seeing all the cameos in hundred million.
-Sum 41
-Swollen Members
-Gob
-Avril lavigne
I want to fly, Can you take me far away, Give me a star to reach for, Tell me what it takes, And I’ll go so high, I’ll go so high, My feet won’t touch the ground, its my wings, That pull the strings, I bought these dreams, That all fall down
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

Jeremy Kill wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Little Know It All was originally going to be a Sum 41 song, right? Then Iggy called Deryck to do a collab and Deryck just used that song for it? Then Iggy wrote they lyrics or something like that.
I remember it being so that Iggy called Deryck that "I like you guys, would you like to write a song for me?", and then they worked out the lyrics together. So I'm not sure if it was going to be a Sum 41 song, but it was definitely written by Deryck for the most part.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard

Post by Noreason757 »

Their was that Sum 41 cameo in the movie dirty love
Raku
Ma Poubelle
First name: Scott
PSN ID: MySummerJob
Instrument 1: Vocals
Last.fm Username: MySummerJob
Twitter: MySummerJob

Post by Raku »

TomiT14 wrote:Well, their last album Detox had a single called Hundred Million. In the booklet, Deryck Whibley has been credited for "additional vocals" on this song along with Ben Cook, the co-writer for We're All To Blame. I've tried, but I've failed to find the part where Deryck's voice has been used. So my question is, can you find Deryck's voice in this song?
I believe he is in the prechorus because there is a bunch of vocals in that section of the song. Might be my imagination, but I swear I could hear him every once in a while during the prechorus.
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

TomiT14 wrote:
Jeremy Kill wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Little Know It All was originally going to be a Sum 41 song, right? Then Iggy called Deryck to do a collab and Deryck just used that song for it? Then Iggy wrote they lyrics or something like that.
I remember it being so that Iggy called Deryck that "I like you guys, would you like to write a song for me?", and then they worked out the lyrics together. So I'm not sure if it was going to be a Sum 41 song, but it was definitely written by Deryck for the most part.
yea, that makes sense.....the song could easily be a sums song. I wonder if it was better off without Iggy or not....guess we'll never know
gejmik
Chuck
First name: Tomas
Instrument 1: guitar
Last.fm Username: GameEs
Twitter: gamees41

Post by gejmik »

cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
yea, that makes sense.....the song could easily be a sums song. I wonder if it was better off without Iggy or not....guess we'll never know
the song is fucking awesome so I don't care how it could sound if D made all the vocals.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

cladam41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:
well, I doubt it, and I don't think D would ever want to do it without him either, I remember an interview where Deryck expressed his happiness of working with Iggy Pop, for a guy who likes punk rock it sure is a big thing to meet Iggy or Joe or Richard or David or some of the Ramone's ...

Some people say that Iggy Pop started punk rock, or is the godfather of punk-rock, hence he can't fuck up any song :2cool4u:
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
wiggs1441
Underclass Hero
First name: Sagiv
n00b: BrandonCorey, Kyle

Post by wiggs1441 »

Deryck in Hundred Million is just Gang Vocals. Doubt anyone will be able to make his voice specifically out, because theres usually a few people doing gangs.
tomhoppus is my Master!
NoReason27 is my Grand-master!
BrandonCorey is my N00B!
Sum-42 is my Grand N00B!

Jeremy Kill
Guest appearances

Post by Jeremy Kill »

wiggs1441 wrote:Deryck in Hundred Million is just Gang Vocals. Doubt anyone will be able to make his voice specifically out, because theres usually a few people doing gangs.
I was thinking the same thing, though I haven't bothered listening to the song again to know, haha.
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

I can't believe no one has brought up these two. Both of them has been on my christmas playlist for years. I prefer Things I want because the guitar solo is awesome.
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Instrument 1: Guitar
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

Emil wrote:I can't believe no one has brought up these two. Both of them has been on my christmas playlist for years. I prefer Things I want because the guitar solo is awesome.
Thise songs are collabs, not guest appearances
Jeremy Kill
Guest appearances

Post by Jeremy Kill »

They were pretty sweet when they played with Ludacris.
Noreason757
Hooch
First name: Sean
Instrument 1: keyboard

Post by Noreason757 »

Noreason757 wrote:Their was that Sum 41 cameo in the movie dirty love
here it is i found it, they play no reason :glad: :glad: :silly: :silly: :winkwink: ,
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
Emil wrote:I can't believe no one has brought up these two. Both of them has been on my christmas playlist for years. I prefer Things I want because the guitar solo is awesome.
Thise songs are collabs, not guest appearances
Well so is Little Know It All, and Unwritten Christmas is really more of a guest appearance than a collab because it's am Unwritten Law song with a rapped verse by them in the end.