more chuck stuff

Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

krivco
First name: Peter

more chuck stuff

Post by krivco »

I think that Sums could play more songs on their next tour from that album which is the best for me. They play only were all to blame and sometimes pieces and a copule times no reason and welcome to hell. I really appreciate they play songs like 88, no reason, wellcome to hell or another always on their shows
Is there somebody with similar opinion?
MetalMilitant41
King of Contradiction
First name: Ed
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Mississipi Saxophone

Re: more chuck stuff

Post by MetalMilitant41 »

It would be cool if they slipped in a couple of fan favourite's when they get back on tour. A while back Cone said he wanted them to play 88 again sometimes, that would be cool. But there's not a lot they can put in as they're trying to promote the album and the rest of the set if filled with the more popular songs. But still a few surprises here and there would be cool, and then hopefully it gets filmed :D

I'm Mitchell's Noob aka blackhawk1105! Hehe
ÜBERCUNT
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Sigfried
AKA: NEEERD
Instrument 1: Guitar hero
Last.fm Username: daddyissues
Twitter: @Piersmorgan

Post by ÜBERCUNT »

i dont think chuck songs are the same anymore since dave left. They're not as awsome.....Deryck's voice sounds hollow on all of them. It is dissapointing. But i'd love for them to play angels with dirty faces.....even though it probably wont be that good
MachineGun
First name: Sascha
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by MachineGun »

yeah, would be great if they played more songs from chuck. still their best album imo, but i also have to agree that some songs like bitter end or 88 probably wouldn't work as well as with dave...
Last edited by MachineGun on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

September 6, 2010 - Fürth
February 9, 2011 - Saarbrücken
August 7, 2012 - Würzburg
February 26, 2016 - Cologne
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Still Waiting, 88, Mr. Amsterdam, Open Your Eyes, Angels With Dirty Faces, Hyper Insomnia Para Condrioid, No Brains, Hooch, A.N.I.C., We're All To Blame, There's No Solution, Welcome To Hell, I'm Not The One, Pieces, Jessica Kill, Happiness Machines, Sick Of Everyone, Reign In Pain, Pain For Pleasure = MY PLAYLIST
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I can't say I care much for Chuck songs being played live, but it would be cool if they threw in I'm Not the One or The Bitter End just for the hell of it. I recently listened to I'm Not the One and I was stunned with the bridge of that song. It just has one of those parts where it's like "Holy crap, Sum 41 did that?"
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

The problem is, the majority of the crowd at gigs want them to play Fat Lip, In Too Deep, Motivation, Still Waiting, We're All To Blame AND Pieces. Except for Pieces, those songs are not going to be replaced, just by the fact that they are fan-favorites. Cone admitted that the old songs are only fillers, but those are the songs fans want to hear. So that gives only a little space to alter the other songs in the setlist. Unfortunately.

Unless they expand their setlist to 25+ songs, we won't see much of the songs you have mentioned.
sumfan4
Jessica Kill
First name: Eric
Instrument 1: vajayjay
Instrument 2: my weiner
Instrument 3: your weiner

Post by sumfan4 »

^Sad but true. I'd rather see more pre-UH era songs played. I don't care much for their newer stuff as much as I'd rather see older stuff live. I'd love to see Open Your Eyes live!
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

I think a lot of TNS members would love to hear more of Chuck live. From what I've read while being on the forum, No Reason is a fan favourite. I would love it if they added that to the setlist instead of playing it here and there. Pieces is my favourite song. I've yet to hear it live as I've only seen The Sums once and if they played it as much as the other songs I would be more than happy.

Aside from those, I was listening to Chuck the other day, asking myself the same thing and well, there are some songs that would be better live than others. I'd rather hear Open Your Eyes, I'm Not The One,The Bitter End as apose to Theres No Solution and Some Say.

I wouldn't even mind Noots as it's one of my favourites even if it's just a bonus track.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I wonder if Green Day fans are just endlessly jizzing their pants. Green Day's a big band, but they also seem to be able to do whateva da fuck they want. It'd be nice for Sum 41 to get big again so they could have that sort of opportunity to what they want.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Their set list should just be AKNF then close with the Dark Road Out Of Hell
Dylan
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Dylan
360 Gamer Tag: Watchmaker2112
Instrument 1: Bass+Guitar
Instrument 2: Engineer+Production
Twitter: @dylanb_27

Post by Dylan »

i don't care what they fucking play, as long as it sounds good and Deryck knows the lyrics.
you have far too much time on your hands

"The missing part of me that grows around me like a cage..."

Follow me on Twitter!
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

2712 wrote:i don't care what they fucking play, as long as it sounds good and Deryck knows the lyrics.
This. I listened to their MTV Spain performance yesterday, and didn't know if I should cry or laugh. It was way worse than I expected.

IMO, if they are in good shape, it doesn't matter what they play or don't play, the show will rock anyways.
SumGeek wrote:From what I've read while being on the forum, No Reason is a fan favourite. I would love it if they added that to the setlist instead of playing it here and there.
Deryck has said that he can't perform the song regularly, since it hurts his voice too much. So I'm positively surprised they have been able to play it even as much as they have.
SumGeek
Does This Look Infected?
First name: Chelsea

Post by SumGeek »

TomiT14 wrote:
SumGeek wrote:From what I've read while being on the forum, No Reason is a fan favourite. I would love it if they added that to the setlist instead of playing it here and there.
Deryck has said that he can't perform the song regularly, since it hurts his voice too much. So I'm positively surprised they have been able to play it even as much as they have.
Oh I know, it's just I know it's a fan favourite and I know a lot of people would love to hear it live more than it gets played. It's understandable though.
kILLDR3n
Ma Poubelle
First name: Derek

Post by kILLDR3n »

No Chuck stuff allowed until Tom gets a better fucking tone. ITS HORRIBLE! Dave had AMAZING TONE.
TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

kILLDR3n wrote:No Chuck stuff allowed until Tom gets a better fucking tone. ITS HORRIBLE! Dave had AMAZING TONE.
Horrible? I think Tom's tone is WAY better now than it used to be during UH era. I'm fully satisfied with the current one.