Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Re: So Deryck's back, eh?

Post by Emil »

Stef wrote:Lies! Deryck is really really ill :( how could you say that

LEAVE DERYCK ALONE
Deryck's ill because he's an idiot who doesn't take care of himself.
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

IM CALLIN IT, SUM 41 INDEFINITE HIATUS NEXT WEEK!
Stef
Walking Disaster
First name: Stef
Instrument 2: Drums

Post by Stef »

If that would be true, I wouldn't be happy..

(killing myself would be a little bit to hard)

Some days it just gets so hard
And I don’t wanna slip away.
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Big Sean wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote: Blink-182
in my opinion they went a little mainstream with this album. That is the main reason they are popular. You saw how popular BYDWK was now if the whole album SBM were filled with those kind of songs then this album will be very successful
I can't tell if you're serious... blink-182 went mainstream? Blink-182 has been able to fill up arenas since they announced their reunion in '09. This isn't a result of them going mainstream... They haven't had trouble filling venues since the late-90's. Blink-182 probably just made the most experimental album of their careers as a band together. They're just big enough that it doesn't matter what they do. People will eat up anything blink releases. They are arguably the most influential band of the past 20 years. Just about every band that comes up will admit to jamming out to blink-182. Whether it's a band like All Time Low, a band like Paramore, or even a band like A Day To Remember. Blink-182 made some of the most simplistic, special music of the late 90s-early 00s.

Im talking about their latest Album and i only said a little bit Mainstream. Im not denying they are very influential in the past few Decades or so but i liked their older sound better then this
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:We have a thread about Blink-182. Please continue this discussion their.
there :razz:

Anyway, lets all just hope Deryck is doing well, and that they come to the east coast of the United States soon! :razz:
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

Emil wrote:
Stef wrote:Lies! Deryck is really really ill :( how could you say that

LEAVE DERYCK ALONE
Deryck's ill because he's an idiot who doesn't take care of himself.
This.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Post by FuckT41182 »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:Blink-182
I wouldn't call them a pop-punk band anymore, they're definitely huge steps away from Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, or Sum 41, their new album is like 10 times more progressive and it's something new to the music industry
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by fergal41 »

TomiT14 wrote:I fail to see why this had to be brought up again.
Because it's the last thing of note that's happened with the band whom this board is dedicated to, and I feel like discussing it in the discussion section because I haven't been online since it happened.
Jeremy Kill wrote:
fergal41 wrote:I don't believe Deryck has a back injury so bad that they've had to stop touring completely. Now, I haven't read any updates or news posts in months, so go easy on me. I just gather from tweets etc that the tour is cancelled and it's because of Deryck's back. I foresaw something like this happening before the album even came out. Deryck goes through a terrible time, becomes over-reliant on booze, throws himself into an album which doesn't do too well and loses enthusiasm for it. Cancels tour.

Maybe I'm just over-analyzing things. Please don't anyone give out to me for treason or finger-pointing or anything else, I just think it's an interesting topic to discuss and I miss discussing the band on this site.

Any thoughts?
Hm, I think his back is legitimately messed up because if what you're saying is true, there would've been no reason for it to happen during the Underclass Hero tour. That album started off strong, being their highest album debut and the tour had only just started. Deryck wasn't even drinking before shows then (to my knowledge). After Deryck recovered from his first back injury was when things kind of went downhill and ticket sales dropped, venues were downsized, but I think they still rode out the rest of whatever shows they were doing at the time.
I do believe he has back problems, and that they were definitely legit during the UH tour. I'm just not too sold this time. There have been a couple of times when I've doubted them to be honest, Stevo's accident was the other. Every time they issue a statement saying how much they love touring but they have to cancel the reaining dates I just cringe because it's happened so much already. If it is for real in pain I hope he gets better, I just think there's more to it than Deryck's back and that it'll have to come out eventually
Sum41Ant27 wrote:
fergal41 wrote:Deryck goes through a terrible time, becomes over-reliant on booze, throws himself into an album which doesn't do too well and loses enthusiasm for it. Cancels tour.
The reason why the album didn't do well was because there was no advertisements, promotion, or anything to get word out for the album. They really only had one single, and there was no music video for it and no promotion. Sum 41 did everything mainly by themselves. Can't blame them for that. [/quote]

Well, that's kind of what I was saying there!
Last edited by Boni on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: We have an edit post feature you know. Use it next time.
Jeremy Kill
So Deryck's back, eh?

Post by Jeremy Kill »

I don't know, with Stevo's accident it was pretty much an excuse to record more songs (general consensus, right guys?). With this album I don't see any motivation to have to quit touring. Really, it's all they have after poor promotion and whatnot. If they wanted to take a break they should've just said so!

(PS... I'm not entirely sober, I hope these thoughts presented are understandable!)
Emil
Underclass Hero
First name: Emil
Instrument 2: Piano

Post by Emil »

The thing is, they are mostly responsible themselves for the piss poor promotion. They spent a good four months recording the album with Island's money and then spent another eight months saying fuck you to Island. Then they shot a music video which they didn't bother to release and spent the two months after the record's release not doing a thing.
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

fergal41 wrote:
TomiT14 wrote:I fail to see why this had to be brought up again.
Because it's the last thing of note that's happened with the band whom this board is dedicated to, and I feel like discussing it in the discussion section because I haven't been online since it happened.
Okay, let me re-phrase it.
I fail to see why this needed a new thread, when the previous one is still not that old.
http://theresnosolution.com/forum/viewt ... =4&t=14375
HugoDisasters
Jessica Kill
AKA: HHUGGZ
Instrument 2: Vocals
Instrument 3: Piano

Post by HugoDisasters »

Just merge the damn threads...

I hope they do something radical during this break.
I'll list some possibilities (which may not be entirely possible, but what the heck- let's discuss)
- Deryck goes for his second marriage

- Unpresented/Unreleased material gets some light (maybe due to island being desperate them to save their promotion by releasing something even more new??)

- Deryck goes for another album or an "EP" and does Screaming Bloody Murder Part 2. ft. AKNF Part 3

- They do a sick ass tour all over the fucking planet and decides to set up a stage at the moon using all Island's earnings on Justin Bieber

- They do a music video with Justin Beiber giving them all the fame and kicking beiber out of the spotlight (everybody will be a sumfan and sum41 will once again get mainstream)

- Avril Lavigne misses deryck so much she makes another album called "Deryck" and all songs are like Underclass Hero pt2. and Deryck is like "i'm flattered but I'M OVER YOU CONGRATULATIONS"

- they do a music video for all their songs on SBM just because deryck likes the album so god damn much.

- They do a full live DVD of all their fucking songs which have never been performed live.
Last edited by HugoDisasters on Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Click to view the fullsize image.http://i34.tinypic.com/10e1sli.jpg[/imgwidth]
Mitchell
Staff Fluffer
First name: Mitchell
PSN ID: blackhawk1105
Twitter: @MitchellK41

Post by Mitchell »

FuckT41182 wrote:
I wouldn't call them a pop-punk band anymore, they're definitely huge steps away from Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, or Sum 41, their new album is like 10 times more progressive and it's something new to the music industry
Dude.. Seriously, cut it out with all the fucking blink talk..
Btw, Sum 41 is not much of a pop punk band..
Hentaiman
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Philip
Instrument 2: Bass

Post by Hentaiman »

I definitely see the possibility of Deryck writing enough material for a new EP or album during this break when he'll be resting at home. I mean, he'll probably have to stay at home for a while without going out and getting wasted and such and I think it'll give him some time to be with himself and you know, all that's left for him will be music so he'll be writing alot probably.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

blackhawk1105 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
Dude.. Seriously, cut it out with all the fucking blink talk..
Btw, Sum 41 is not much of a pop punk band..
I didn't say that Sum 41 are a pop band or that their album is worse than the Blink's album, Sum 41's record is more of an old school rock 'n roll, while Blink 182's record is something different, progressive, both can be good, like you know, Pink Floyd and Joy Division are amazing and at the same time The Rolling Stones and Richard Hell And The Voidoids are amazing ...

and looking at the bands above, B182 and S41 did good, GCH and SP did bad ...
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
Resident Skumfuk
All Killer No Filler

Post by Resident Skumfuk »

FuckT41182 wrote:their new album is like 10 times more progressive and it's something new to the music industry

care to share how its progressive? I mean its a decently good album but i wouldnt call it progressive or new.. at all. the vocals arent new, the sound isnt new, the only thing good is that its coming from blink and they are fortunately talented.
briankeithdiaz
First name: Brian

Post by briankeithdiaz »

Hey guys. My name is Brian Diaz and I have been one of Sum 41's guitar techs for the past year, since the Eastpak Antidote Tour in Europe. I'd like to post here and clear up any rumors people may be starting about Deryck's health and the status of touring with Sum 41.

As you all may know Deryck's back was injured in an incident in Japan. Since then the band has continued to tour non-stop through Deryck's ongoing back troubles. Before shows I have watched him go through a yoga and stretching routine, and afterwards ice his back and lay on the ground because he can't move. I don't know if any of you have experienced back pains before but they are terrible to deal with and in my experience they are nothing compared to what Deryck goes through. I also don't have to play a show and run around on stage for an hour and a half every night for days on end, so I can't imagine what it feels like. But, we continued pressing on through tours that took us all over the world. Flying every couple of weeks for 10+ hours at a time. Sleeping in tour busses. Playing every night. It starts to take it's toll. Yet through all this he continued to soldier on and bring shows to people around the world.

This summer we went down to South Africa for a couple of shows. After nearly 30 hours of air travel there and back, we arrived back in the U.S. to do a few dates on Warped Tour leading into some Canada shows. As you know by now, at the last Warped show we did Deryck did something to his back (I watched it as it happened) that ultimately led to us having to cancel the rest of the shows and then the rest of the tour. This decision was not made as a snap judgement call. Doctors and others have been telling him to rest and have surgery, etc. for a long time now. But, being the way this industry is, Sum 41 has to continue touring in order to promote their record and continue making money. This isn't an arbitrary "let's just cancel a bunch of shows" decision. This puts EVERYONE'S life on hold... the guys in the band, the people who work for them.. everyone.

I know for a fact that Deryck and the rest of Sum 41 extremely proud of this record and they were having some of their most successful shows around the world, and we were all looking forward to going to southeast Asia and to South America. They wanted nothing more than to continue bringing this record to their fans around the world. The momentum was building and the songs were sounding amazing live. Until this unfortunate setback there were no plans to stop touring regardless of how well the record was selling, or whether people think the promotion was lacking, whatever.

I can't tell you anymore outside of this because I don't know anymore, but I can assure you that as soon as he is ready the band will be back to business as usual and will continue the rest of the Screaming Bloody Murder world tour.

Please try to listen to facts before jumping to conclusions. It's not fair to the band. I know I'm writing this without the band knowing it, but these are the facts. I was there for all of this happening and there's very logical reasons behind it.

Thanks for listening, and feel free to repost this.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Resident Skumfuk wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:their new album is like 10 times more progressive and it's something new to the music industry

care to share how its progressive? I mean its a decently good album but i wouldnt call it progressive or new.. at all. the vocals arent new, the sound isnt new, the only thing good is that its coming from blink and they are fortunately talented.
how how progressive ? new, different from everything else I've heard, original ... the ''10 times'' thing was an exaggeration, but the album definitely is progressive, not as much as the Untitled thing, but still some interesting stuff going on in that record ...
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Thanks Brian, I am one of those who knows Deryck loves to tour, and it's obvious it must have been hard for the guys to take that decision, but I guess it's better this way, he needs to rest and try to get better in order to continue to tour !