Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

So Deryck's back, eh?

Post by fergal41 »

I don't believe Deryck has a back injury so bad that they've had to stop touring completely. Now, I haven't read any updates or news posts in months, so go easy on me. I just gather from tweets etc that the tour is cancelled and it's because of Deryck's back. I foresaw something like this happening before the album even came out. Deryck goes through a terrible time, becomes over-reliant on booze, throws himself into an album which doesn't do too well and loses enthusiasm for it. Cancels tour.

Maybe I'm just over-analyzing things. Please don't anyone give out to me for treason or finger-pointing or anything else, I just think it's an interesting topic to discuss and I miss discussing the band on this site.

Any thoughts?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Jacob(Jism)

Re: So Deryck's back, eh?

Post by FuckT41182 »

well, your conjectures could be true but there is one obstacle, Sum 41's SBM really wasn't no big success, but which pop-punk band now is successful ?

and the weak selling - rates of SBM didn't affect their shows, people were still showing up in numbers enormous enough to cover their travel fees and so on, even with a good satisfying profit I would say

I personally think his back really is fucked up, cause I think the tour was really making money so there was no reason to stop it other than health problems
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
I spy on my dad while he is taking a shower just like everyone else
Mark: Sometimes when I talk in 3rd person i end up calling tom mark
Tom:Yea than he starts touching me and i think thats masturbation
Some people think were idiots or perverts dont argue were both.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 1: Guitar
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

FuckT41182 wrote:well, your conjectures could be true but there is one obstacle, Sum 41's SBM really wasn't no big success, but which pop-punk band now is successful ?

I personally think his back really is fucked up, cause I think the tour was really making money so there was no reason to stop it other than health problems
This
TomiT14
First name: Tomi
Last.fm Username: TomiT14
Twitter: TomiT14

Post by TomiT14 »

I fail to see why this had to be brought up again.
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

SickofEveryone wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:well, your conjectures could be true but there is one obstacle, Sum 41's SBM really wasn't no big success, but which pop-punk band now is successful ?

This
FuckT This.
What does conjectures mean?
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Well, Todd said Deryck was quite likely to get surgery, so I'd say that yeah, his back's really fucked up :(
Jables
Chuck
First name: Jables
360 Gamer Tag: The Sinful Baby
Instrument 1: Bass
Instrument 2: Guitar
Instrument 3: Bouzouki

Post by Jables »

182sins wrote:Well, Todd said Deryck was quite likely to get surgery, so I'd say that yeah, his back's really fucked up :(
Who's Todd?
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:What does conjectures mean?
I don't know, I heard Mulder say it on X-Files and I felt like it kinda fitted right there in the sentence
This is Mark Allen Hoppus. He likes long walks on the beach. This, this is travis barker. He likes to be read poetry just before sunset. And me, I like to stick small pieces of furniture up my butt.
"i think we're gonna be one of those bands thats around forever and even makes records, even if noones buying them and using them for toilet paper...but we'll still make them because we'll be the best fuckin toilet paper anyones ever used...." - Tom Delonge
182sins
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Cyril
Instrument 2: Vox
Instrument 3: Piano
Twitter: @cyril_41

Post by 182sins »

Dr. Cliterus of Ponty wrote:
182sins wrote:Well, Todd said Deryck was quite likely to get surgery, so I'd say that yeah, his back's really fucked up :(
Who's Todd?
Todd Morse sorry !
SickofEveryone
Chuck
First name: Al
Instrument 2: Drums and Harmonica
Instrument 3: Bass and Piano

Post by SickofEveryone »

FuckT41182 wrote:
I don't know, I heard Mulder say it on X-Files and I felt like it kinda fitted right there in the sentence
It means a proposition that is not yet to be proven.
Jeremy Kill

Post by Jeremy Kill »

fergal41 wrote:I don't believe Deryck has a back injury so bad that they've had to stop touring completely. Now, I haven't read any updates or news posts in months, so go easy on me. I just gather from tweets etc that the tour is cancelled and it's because of Deryck's back. I foresaw something like this happening before the album even came out. Deryck goes through a terrible time, becomes over-reliant on booze, throws himself into an album which doesn't do too well and loses enthusiasm for it. Cancels tour.

Maybe I'm just over-analyzing things. Please don't anyone give out to me for treason or finger-pointing or anything else, I just think it's an interesting topic to discuss and I miss discussing the band on this site.

Any thoughts?
Hm, I think his back is legitimately messed up because if what you're saying is true, there would've been no reason for it to happen during the Underclass Hero tour. That album started off strong, being their highest album debut and the tour had only just started. Deryck wasn't even drinking before shows then (to my knowledge). After Deryck recovered from his first back injury was when things kind of went downhill and ticket sales dropped, venues were downsized, but I think they still rode out the rest of whatever shows they were doing at the time.
FuckT41182
Resident Skumfuk

Post by FuckT41182 »

SickofEveryone wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:
It means a proposition that is not yet to be proven.
I was being ironic :)
Sum41Ant27
Half Hour Of POWER!!!
First name: Anthony

Post by Sum41Ant27 »

fergal41 wrote:Deryck goes through a terrible time, becomes over-reliant on booze, throws himself into an album which doesn't do too well and loses enthusiasm for it. Cancels tour.
The reason why the album didn't do well was because there was no advertisements, promotion, or anything to get word out for the album. They really only had one single, and there was no music video for it and no promotion. Sum 41 did everything mainly by themselves. Can't blame them for that.
FuckT41182 wrote:but which pop-punk band now is successful ?
Blink-182
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

Screaming Bloody Murder didn't do that bad. Baby, You Don't Wanna did feature in Green Lantern.
[donate][/donate]
SBMurder
Ma Poubelle
First name: Jeff

Post by SBMurder »

Sum41Ant27 wrote:
FuckT41182 wrote:but which pop-punk band now is successful ?
Blink-182
in my opinion they went a little mainstream with this album. That is the main reason they are popular. You saw how popular BYDWK was now if the whole album SBM were filled with those kind of songs then this album will be very successful
withchappedlips
First name: Kyle
AKA: Official Brand New Fanboy
360 Gamer Tag: TeachMeHow2Kyle
PSN ID: iSeeKyle
Instrument 1: Microphone
Instrument 2: Bass
Instrument 3: Synth
Last.fm Username: KyleFTLx
Twitter: withchappedlips

Post by withchappedlips »

SBMurder wrote:
Sum41Ant27 wrote: Blink-182
in my opinion they went a little mainstream with this album. That is the main reason they are popular. You saw how popular BYDWK was now if the whole album SBM were filled with those kind of songs then this album will be very successful
I can't tell if you're serious... blink-182 went mainstream? Blink-182 has been able to fill up arenas since they announced their reunion in '09. This isn't a result of them going mainstream... They haven't had trouble filling venues since the late-90's. Blink-182 probably just made the most experimental album of their careers as a band together. They're just big enough that it doesn't matter what they do. People will eat up anything blink releases. They are arguably the most influential band of the past 20 years. Just about every band that comes up will admit to jamming out to blink-182. Whether it's a band like All Time Low, a band like Paramore, or even a band like A Day To Remember. Blink-182 made some of the most simplistic, special music of the late 90s-early 00s.
And I know I said I needed space,

but I know I can't be comfortable in my own skin.

So when I say I'm scared to be alone, you know I mean it,

I'm just not ready to leave my room.

[donate][/donate]
Druska
Resident Skumfuk
First name: Andrea
AKA: S, Lois Lane,Druska
PSN ID: Druska7
Last.fm Username: druska41
Twitter: _Druska_

Post by Druska »

Big Sean wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
I can't tell if you're serious... blink-182 went mainstream? Blink-182 has been able to fill up arenas since they announced their reunion in '09. This isn't a result of them going mainstream... They haven't had trouble filling venues since the late-90's. Blink-182 probably just made the most experimental album of their careers as a band together. They're just big enough that it doesn't matter what they do. People will eat up anything blink releases. They are arguably the most influential band of the past 20 years. Just about every band that comes up will admit to jamming out to blink-182. Whether it's a band like All Time Low, a band like Paramore, or even a band like A Day To Remember. Blink-182 made some of the most simplistic, special music of the late 90s-early 00s.
if you ask me i think green day have been more influential in the pop-punk world than blink, but yeah they're pretty close
as for deryck's back, back injuries are complicated or so I've heard
Tyler.
Chuck
First name: Tyler
Instrument 1: Guitar-Bass-Piano
Instrument 2: Trumpet-Drums
Instrument 3: Didgeridoo

Post by Tyler. »

Boni Boy Blue wrote:Screaming Bloody Murder didn't do that bad. Baby, You Don't Wanna did feature in Green Lantern.
The album sold fuck all though, I guess someone on Green Lantern production team just likes Sum 41 and that's the only reason it was in the movie.

And blink is defs more influential than GD, simply because of the personality of the band. As a teenager, although some early GD lyrics are easy to relate to, the band members are just not like the guys in blink. And yeah, a lot more bands starting out would play blink than GD. And lol at the new album being mainstream. It's a pretty weird album, anything but mainstream.
Last edited by Tyler. on Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevo32
Billy Spleen
First name: Alessio

Post by stevo32 »

Big Sean wrote:
SBMurder wrote:
This, because this last album for me doesn't deserve all this attention.
Going back to the topic, Deryck loves to tour and play in front of people : he becomes another person on stage, so if they stop a successful tour like this was, is only for serious reasons and his health is something serious, or not ?
I'm my worst enemy
Boni
Administrator
Administrator
First name: Christopher
Twitter: @boniboyblue

Post by Boni »

We have a thread about Blink-182. Please continue this discussion their.
[donate][/donate]