Everything related to Sum 41 Here!

Moderator: Jeremy Kill

fergal41
Goon
First name: Fergal
Instrument 2: Bass

Re: So Deryck's back, eh?

Post by fergal41 »

To people in this thread like Tomi etc, I hope I didn't come across as a dick earlier. I just wanted to discuss the topic, and from previous experience on forums when you drag a thread from a couple of months back people think you're re-hashing something or don't even bother to read it and rarely reply. I just wanted to put my own opinions forward and discuss it with a few people, because it is worrying.

As for the situation with Deryck, I do know he has back problems and I think it's cool of Brian to come onto the forum and let us all know what the story is and to defend the guys in the band. Having said that, like FuckT said, a lot of people could be forgiven for thinking a certain way, with the way the band promotes themselves. I wouldn't want to see videos of them chilling out reading books or skyping, but I would have preferred maybe more insight into the songwriting/recording process than forty videos of them partying while the album was being recorded. But hey, they're pretty exceptional at keeping in touch with fans and having an online presence so why should anyone complain?

I hope Deryck's back mends up and he stops getting so much trouble with it. Hopefully the band can make up the tour dates to the people who missed out.

*obligatory Blink 182 mention*